Top 30 spots tightening up ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I also dont think we will see Ben Turbo this year. He is still young and very raw, even Jake said he is a long way off 1st grade standard and has alot to work on. No doubt he is a talent but it is highly doubtful he will get a gig at all this year. We are really relying on Elliott, Funa, Hoppa, Smith and then Schuster Miski and Anderson in the development squad as our outside back depth unless we sign someone else.

Elliott is first reserve until someone forces Dessie's hand.
Funa and Hoppa are the most likely to achieve that during the first 8-10 rounds. Beyond that, all is unknown, all is possible. Please step up, our Sea Eagle version of Marcus Labuschagne!

Elliott is first reserve until someone forces Dessie's hand.
Funa and Hoppa are the most likely to achieve that during the first 8-10 rounds. Beyond that, all is unknown, all is possible. Please step up, our Sea Eagle version of Marcus Labuschagne!
Hasn’t young Marnus come from nowhere...I know they threw him a cap when Smith and Warner were out and knocked out 80 odd in one innings, but he was averaging mid thirties in Shield cricket as a 26 year old.

Crazy.

I would not anticipate young Hoppa's appearance in first grade for a while given he has experienced a couple of serious injuries and will need time to rekindle that confidence. He'll be in the Reggies for half a season I suspect unless injuries demand his selection. Same applies to Schuster, who Des will bring along slowly I suspect. Ben T. could turn out to be the best of the brothers (I know that's expecting a little too much at this stage) but he also will need time against the big boys in the Reggies to start to make his mark. All are outstanding talents, but all have yet to play even in the reserves. But by years end (2020) the personnel in the first team could be much changed.

Well ... with the latest Fainu infection and operation ... it seems that regardless of the outcome of the next court date .... it looks like we will be starting the season with plan B. at hooker

Who can set the odds.... Croker, Cust, I-Pade, Docker Clay ... or my smokie .. GoJetski ......

Last edited:
Well ... with the latest Fainu infection and operation ... it seems that regardless of the outcome of the next court date .... it looks like we will be starting the season with plan B. at hooker

Who can set the odds.... Croker, Cust, I-Pade, Docker Clay ... or my smokie .. GoJetski ......
Id say Croker odds on to start with Cust, Eddie and ZDC fighting for a bench spot. I think Cust and Eddie could both be electric off the bench playing the role Fainu played last year.

Id say Croker odds on to start with Cust, Eddie and ZDC fighting for a bench spot. I think Cust and Eddie could both be electric off the bench playing the role Fainu played last year.
I reckon the fact Des signed???? Eddie- he has intentions to use him 100% off the bench, if he aims up pre season / trials

I reckon the fact Des signed???? Eddie- he has intentions to use him 100% off the bench, if he aims up pre season / trials

Yeah ... if he signs him ..... still young though ... will only get better in a good system and with a few gallops under his belt ...... either way, even if he only gets a reggies or development contract he seems to be a good one to have in the group ...

I like how you think Woodsie. Jetski at hooker. Interesting. one hell of pack. Assuming some good speed off the mark, can pass left and right and can at least double his normal tackle rate. Starting hooker with Cust / croker / Eddie / Zachary Dakari off the bench for speed. This could be so left of field that it would not surprise me to see Des consider. If he is at Blacktown tomorrow arvo I will ask him!!

I like how you think Woodsie. Jetski at hooker. Interesting. one hell of pack. Assuming some good speed off the mark, can pass left and right and can at least double his normal tackle rate. Starting hooker with Cust / croker / Eddie / Zachary Dakari off the bench for speed. This could be so left of field that it would not surprise me to see Des consider. If he is at Blacktown tomorrow arvo I will ask him!!

I was thinking more along the lines of GoJetSki will be on the bench anyway ... so to relieve as hooker 10min before and after half time would allow Dessie to go with his preferred big bopper bench ..... it is a long shot ... but interesting to ponder ...

PSS Cheers for asking at training .... but I am not certain Dessie will be giving anything away ...probably just tell you they will be playing with 12 men until Fainu returns .. hahahah

Des occasionally gives a pointer as to his early preference for certain player roles such as Elliott as a back up full back for Turbo in last season "s pre season . Seemed to give an indication a few weeks ago that he would consider Croker as a first up starting 9 . Others on here have mentioned that this young Ipape can defend O k , seems to have plenty of natural ability , has handled Q cup level quite well so could be really effective off the bench . Can't really see Jet Ski suited as a 9 , edge player or stand in centre seems his best role .

Jetski would add some starch defensively in the ruck and has decent pace - just unsure of his passing game, as the modern hooker does need slick hands and timing....his hands are not his best attribute, but maybe with improvement is possible...would think Croker is ahead of him and also think Cust could be a suprise packet out of dummy half, but Croker defensively has an advantage here.

Okay .. with only a couple of weeks left .... time to revisit because we now have 38 names to fit into a top 30 and 6 development spots .... 2 players in this list are going to miss out ...

Jorge
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapow
Fainu
Levi
AFB
Siro
Thommo
Jake
GoJetski
Keppie
Paseka
Boyle
Waddell
Shipley
Guacomole
Elliot
Funa
T-Rex
Hoppa
Shuster
Turbo MK111
Croker
Cust
Metcalf
Ipape
Zac Saddler
Docker Clay
Sam Smith
Jade Anderson
Miski
Reed Izzard

Dane Aukafolau

For mine I would say that Anderson is Gonski .... the other I have no idea ... probably Docker-Clay ... ?

I've never seen Sam Smith play (football, that is, not the guitar) so I can't judge him. Izzard looked promising. I'd previously pumped up Zac Saddler but I think he has a temperament issue. He is a firecracker and you just can't have a penalty-magnet in an NRL team.

Okay .. with only a couple of weeks left .... time to revisit because we now have 38 names to fit into a top 30 and 6 development spots .... 2 players in this list are going to miss out ...

For mine I would say that Anderson is Gonski .... the other I have no idea ... probably Docker-Clay ... ?
By my count you've named 37.
Allow an extra spot for 'No-fault Fainu' and that's down to a neat 36?

Anderson & ZDC from that list I think.

Hookers are ( Fainu excepted ), Levi, Croker, Ipape .....Cust possibly but I see him as a back up half.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2