Top 30 more like top 20

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

RedEagle

I don’t understand why Koula, Ben Turbo & Manase are in our top 30? Koula is playing SG Ball which is four grades away from first grade. Burbo isn’t considered ready enough to play reserve grade yet and Manase is not allowed to play. Throw a few injuries in and it’s round three and we are barely able to field a team.

Ben Turbot is the weird one for me. Not even close to ready in a tough position.
Koula has extreme pace and plays wing so can see him maybe getting a game if desperate.
And Manase is possibly the key to our spine and they desperately want him if we are close to eight later on.

But you are right . We seem to have always carried plenty of players over the last few years who are deemed “ not ready” by the coach unless there is an injury disaster.- which of course we get every year.

And we also go with one fullback and no current hooker Go figure.
We don’t have much luck but geez we don’t help ourselves much
either.

Last edited:
I can understand Manase but the others who aren’t ready are wasted spots.

I assume the reason is:

1. We don’t want to lose Koula so offered him the spot as an incentive
2. We couldn’t fit a first grader into the cap and these guys are on minimum contracts

I do find it weird that a guy like Saddler is on a dev contract though and these guys are top 30... he’s already played in the All Stars game and seems to be ready for FG.

It is your top 30 paid players right?

Maybe we had to pay more to keep Koula then so development guys?

I imagine that at least 3 (Burbo, Koula, and to a lesser extent, Tuipulotu), are in our top 30 based on potential. All three have some defensive deficiencies that can be worked on in the lower grades.

Having said that, if our 'regulars' (and we know who they are) are getting shown up in defense on a week by week basis, it will open the door maybe a bit earlier than expected for Burbo, Koula and Tuipulotu. But if you don't show up at least in the extended squad list at 4PM on any Tuesday, it can be safely assumed that you've got something to work on.

Koula's in SG Ball - and Burbo in Flegg -because (I'm assuming) they fit the age criteria foer those comps, and can work on defense, dominate/gain confidence - and not lose confidence in tougher grades.

Fainu is the tragedy in the whole scene. Manly could hardly have bent over backwards more to show this player that he's a key cog in our expected success now and in the future (letting AK go, and re-signing him whilst under a Police investigation, and after a short prison stint). No winners to see here - not Fainu, the club, or us as supporters.

Careers could be made - or broken - in 2021. I guess it's these sort of sub-plots that will keep us Sea Eagles faithful interested this year.

It also highlights how young much of our top 30 squad is, and how it appears we as a club are banking on a bright future rather than a bright present day.

If you were cynical you couldn’t help but think the club’s loyalty in Fainu is due to him having exceptionally talented brothers in the juniors. Surely the club is confident of him being found innocent. Otherwise it is an extraordinary leap of faith into the future, to the detriment of the present. He’s a super footballer but couldn’t play for us last year and if he plays this year he’ll be very underdone. The NRL should allow us to pay him outside of the cap and not take up a spot in the 30.

No back-up hooker or fullback and consistently different five-eighths has absolutely killed us. We can’t score points and Walker was signed in 2016 and has played one year there in 2017 and won Dally M centre of the year.

Need to get the spine right and need to get early ball to Walker, Suli, Saab and hopefully Tom. If we’ve signed Tuipolotu on a 4 year deal he is obviously in the plans as a long term winger. Get him in there.

If you were cynical you couldn’t help but think the club’s loyalty in Fainu is due to him having exceptionally talented brothers in the juniors. Surely the club is confident of him being found innocent. Otherwise it is an extraordinary leap of faith into the future, to the detriment of the present. He’s a super footballer but couldn’t play for us last year and if he plays this year he’ll be very underdone. The NRL should allow us to pay him outside of the cap and not take up a spot in the 30.

No back-up hooker or fullback and consistently different five-eighths has absolutely killed us. We can’t score points and Walker was signed in 2016 and has played one year there in 2017 and won Dally M centre of the year.

Need to get the spine right and need to get early ball to Walker, Suli, Saab and hopefully Tom. If we’ve signed Tuipolotu on a 4 year deal he is obviously in the plans as a long term winger. Get him in there.
I agree with almost all of your post.
Re Tuipulotu: he's playing centre in the BWSE side at present. I'm sure the club would love to have his physical attributes on one wing - he's actually bigger than Jorge. He does need to work on his defensive positioning, though - that was apparent in the trial.

I can understand Manase but the others who aren’t ready are wasted spots.

I assume the reason is:

1. We don’t want to lose Koula so offered him the spot as an incentive
2. We couldn’t fit a first grader into the cap and these guys are on minimum contracts

I do find it weird that a guy like Saddler is on a dev contract though and these guys are top 30... he’s already played in the All Stars game and seems to be ready for FG.

I think your bang on with both reasons. We are warehousing Koula and others etc before their time because we don't want to lose them to another club... and also because our lopsided top heavy salary cap means we need a higher number of bottom dollar players who most likely won't ever play anyway to balance the books.

Re Tuipulotu: he's playing centre in the BWSE side at present. I'm sure the club would love to have his physical attributes on one wing - he's actually bigger than Jorge. He does need to work on his defensive positioning, though - that was apparent in the trial.
I expect Tuipulotu will be moved to winger when funa is cut from the 17

In contrast Garrick gets in the right positions defensively then misses all the tackles anyway... a hologram.

In contrast Garrick gets in the right positions defensively then misses all the tackles anyway... a hologram.
Did you see Garrick overchase at marker for Cook’s dummy half barge over try? Score was 14-12 at the time. Laughable.
We were right in it at 14-12. Cherry kicked out on the full and it was like someone squeezed all the air out of our balloon. We were on top and winning the middle. Benji takes it to the line with some shape out the back and Schuster and Foran both turn to the lead runner and Marty isn’t covering adequately and misses a one on one. Basic errors.

I think he makes a better centre than wing. And is hopefully being groomed for the centre position.

I would have thought if Fainu is found guilty whatever NRL contract he had would be torn up anyways? So it's a hedged bet there I'd imagine.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8