Top 3 Manly players so far 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I have DCE in absolutely great form and unlike other seasons when we are down, he is still digging deep, much respect to him and is simply playing super footy and been best by a margin.

Second choice a bit of a suprise, but big Paseka has finally been playing to his size and already played more Big games mid season than usually pays in a season.....brewing into a special type of monster who can and has changed momentum in games.

Big Okalatu has had some crazy good games but lacked consistency, costing him a Blue jersey, but still made some crunching tackles and powerful runs....lets see more !!

Admirable mention to Croker, Garrik and I think Bullemore has a way to go, but shown enough he could be a quality player moving forward....Tom and Jake have missed a few but we all know the importance

DCE - far and away our best performing player

Haumole - really good season so far, let's see if he maintains it.

Bullemor - has stepped it up this year and luv his leg speed.

Notable mentions Jake & Croker - still doing way too much D. The other forwards need to step up their workrate.

This should have been a poll 😀

I'll go:

1. Paseka. Best season so far by a long margin. As Blocker Roach says every time Paseka's name is mentioned, it's like he's finally realised how big he is…
2. Haumole. Has been a bit quite lately, but started the year in beast mode.
3. Tommy. Not great by his own standards, but his numbers are still up there and he's still incredibly important to the team.

Expected more form our outside backs so i will reward the forwards.

1. Paseka having a great year at prop
2. Bullemore didnt look good playing out of position last year thought he would walk away but has turned it around haveing a very nice year
3. Jake trbojevic some great defence this year and slows down the ruck the team misses him big time when he is not there.

DCE, Jake and Ola.
Cherry has been in really good form, just not had the support in most games
Jake has been Jake, which is what we've needed, he's looked like a one man band at times
Ola has kicked on with his form and is becoming a destructive force

Paseka has started to show how good he is, Tom nothing like fit enough all season so far and Bully has been good off the bench. Other than Reubs I can't think of anyone else

I have DCE in absolutely great form and unlike other seasons when we are down, he is still digging deep, much respect to him and is simply playing super footy and been best by a margin.

Second choice a bit of a suprise, but big Paseka has finally been playing to his size and already played more Big games mid season than usually pays in a season.....brewing into a special type of monster who can and has changed momentum in games.

Big Okalatu has had some crazy good games but lacked consistency, costing him a Blue jersey, but still made some crunching tackles and powerful runs....lets see more !!

Admirable mention to Croker, Garrik and I think Bullemore has a way to go, but shown enough he could be a quality player moving forward....Tom and Jake have missed a few but we all know the importance

Hard to argue with any of that 👏🏻

DCE - looks like he's really enjoying his footy and leading from the front
Jake - enough said
Reubs - really stepped up as a senior leader and ever reliable ( hope I haven't put the mock on!)
The Great Turbo - even on two cylinders he's better than most

DCE for sure. Has really stepped up his weekly performances. Has been taking on the line more and even getting metres thru the middle from dummy half. Kicks can still be a bit hot and cold tho.
JAKE for sure. He just means so much to out defence and produces week in week out (we're going to miss him in the coming weeks)
PASEKA just. He has also been our most consistent metre man. He has finally realised what it means to run hard and to take no prisoners. Love seeing him running at full tilt into the opposition nearly every run.

Why stop at the Top 3 when we can have the Top Fab 5

DCE
Haumole
Paseka
Jake
Turbo's last game has put him in the frame

Also impressed with Saab's new hard hitting defensive displays
and good to see Bullemor starting to live up to his potential

It seems to be the general consensus..
DCE has been the best thus far followed by haumole and paseka. Bullemor the roughie of the group. And obviously Jake is just Jake, rarely to never has a bad game. Stock standard Jake always does the job

Same 3 for me, they've been the standounts.

DCE is showing us at 34 that he is still an elite halfback in the world and he has really carried us in certain games out the heap, it's been very inspiring. JT, Cooper Cronk and Joey weren't putting in perfromances like him at a consistent level at the age he is now. I hope we are all grateful as Manly fans to have him as our leader.

Haumole has been our biggest X factor player, similarly to last year having a barnstorming start to the year but he did slow down around the middle of the year last year, and there are small signs now but I hope he picks it back up with his origin snubbing. I think in the last few weeks we've just been relying on him too much in our attack so his amount of moments is skewed by his volume of touches but now with Schuster our attack is looking much more balanced so hopefully Ola is used at the right times and doesn't have to overwork.

Paseka, man I am so proud of him. He's been arguably our most consistent performer the whole year and he's shaping up to be a premier prop of the comp. I've compared his stats to some of the origin front rowers and he genuinely isn't too far off, except compared to Haas but he's on a different level. I'm very happy with Paseka and I hope continues this upward trajectory.

Jake - his absence enforces just how much the team relies on him.

DCE - never gives up....

Paseka - our forward leader.

Revisit this in another couple of months and I think the Schu will be featuring in the top 3.....

Last edited:
DCE
Paseka
Bullemor

Unlucky not to make it:
Olakau'atu
Jake
Saab
Turbo
Garrick

Everyone else has been pretty damn average, on average. Schuster would have made the top 3 if you only took into account the Eels and Raiders games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4