Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually agree with you on this one Andrew...I haven't figured that one out myself.

AND the same thing has applied for the 2010 year of membership,a totally seperate application needs to be made with nothing appearing on the MWSE website (I think) to point you in the direction of what to do.

I'l be sending out a FC membership form to all those on my data base soon but unless it's a concerted effort by a great number of people the downwards slide will continue.

And don't worry about "free sandwiches" any more as there'll be no funds to pay for them anyway.

By the way I think they are in fact a "myth" as I have never seen any!!

Wasnt Tooves at one stage on the board of NRMA?

He has some pretty good business nous but I agree he is a bit too close to the family.

There is a reason Pat Wilson didnt stay on board, his hands were tied a bit, but I can see that as a reason why they would want him again too

Dan link said:
Wasnt Tooves at one stage on the board of NRMA?

He has some pretty good business nous but I agree he is a bit too close to the family.

There is a reason Pat Wilson didnt stay on board, his hands were tied a bit, but I can see that as a reason why they would want him again too

he definatly was and may still be on the board

Tooves is definitely still on the NRMA board.

Personally, I think he would do a solid job as CEO but we need much more than "solid" in that role. He's more a finance officer personality (accountant) than a CEO personality (financial, personable, sponsor wooing, innovative etc).

Accountants don;t normally make great executives, speaking from bitter experience.  Totally different skilling and mindset.  I also agree with Mark that Toovey would be too close to the players to be objective when it comes to making a tough call.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I actually agree with you on this one Andrew...I haven't figured that one out myself.

AND the same thing has applied for the 2010 year of membership,a totally seperate application needs to be made with nothing appearing on the MWSE website (I think) to point you in the direction of what to do.

I'l be sending out a FC membership form to all those on my data base soon but unless it's a concerted effort by a great number of people the downwards slide will continue.

And don't worry about \"free sandwiches\" any more as there'll be no funds to pay for them anyway.

By the way I think they are in fact a \"myth\" as I have never seen any!!
  Good to agree with you on something finally.  The current situation is nonsensical and only leads to duplication of effort and confusion for the fan.  Not to mention the $25 FC membership is naught but a transparent pocket gouge on fan loyalty.

Were the FC rational they'd be bending over backwards to tie in their memberships with the Manly memberships, something clearly in the best interest of the club.  But that would require swallowing some pride and accepting that Manly hold the whip hand.  The FC blokes would like to think they do.  They'll kill the club in their failed effort to prove it too.

Problem is when he gets the job then the sack after 2 years he will be lost from the club like fatty is.

being a director is far from being a CEO.

I dont know the full ins and outs but the time and effort required as immensly different

i still think Penn should step down as Chairman let Delmege appoint a chairmen and then Scott him self take over the CEO role as Executive Director

Cliffy Gc link said:
i still think Penn should step down as Chairman let Delmege appoint a chairmen and then Scott him self take over the CEO role as Executive Director
  I would imagine he has too much else going on to do that.  When you're making millions why put it on the back burner to run a football club?  And if you're not going to give it up, the club will not get the full attention required. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=181769.msg242542#msg242542 date=1253265997]
  I would imagine he has too much else going on to do that.  When you're making millions why put it on the back burner to run a football club?  And if you're not going to give it up, the club will not get the full attention required. 
[/quote]

Spot on with that. There is almost no way he could give up his real money making ventures for this role.

Grant could have allowed the FC membership to be available via mwse or as part of the membership brochure but didn't for 2009. This year I understand that the FC hadn't considered at board level whether they wanted this to proceed in 2010 and therefore it wasn't included in the brochure. Considering Peter Spray is closely tied to both sides at the moment that is disappointing. Even pushing for our suggestions of tying both memberships into the Screaming Eagles should have been tackled by the FC board as a matter of urgency.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181769.msg242568#msg242568 date=1253275944]
[/quote]

Spot on with that. There is almost no way he could give up his real money making ventures for this role.

Grant could have allowed the FC membership to be available via mwse or as part of the membership brochure but didn't for 2009. This year I understand that the FC hadn't considered at board level whether they wanted this to proceed in 2010 and therefore it wasn't included in the brochure. Considering Peter Spray is closely tied to both sides at the moment that is disappointing. Even pushing for our suggestions of tying both memberships into the Screaming Eagles should have been tackled by the FC board as a matter of urgency.
[/quote]
mate you cannot blame Grant for that nor Aaron for the matter.
It was the football club who decided to do their own thing.

But to their credit the FC seem to have had a change of heart on that, or that was the pecerption i got talking to Damien Smith and Peter Bryant.

I'm flithy we lost a great CEO in Grant Mayer but the positive thing to come out of seems to be the FC has really lifted their game and Bob Reilly has done great job of opening the lines of communication with members.

You are right Cam they have come ahead leaps and bounds as far as communications go. Part of this started erlier in the eyar when I was quite crritical iof the FC Board and recieved a phone call from Bob asking how they might fix that issue. I said" easy mate, get down form the ivory tower, and talk to the fans". To his credit (and at thier own cost) he, Peter Bryant and Peter Spray have been on every away supporters trip we have done and they have made themseleves available at pre and post match functions (ie official and the free non official ones I organise) to talk to the fans....many (including Cam) have taken that oportunity.

I believe you are a Football Club member Matabele?

If so then as an educated and opinionated person contact the elected board and do something about it or gather like minded members to affect change.

If you are not a member then you have reason to join?

Simple really....

(Not sure how speculation on a new CEO turned in to another attack on the Football Club but never mind)

The FC Board voted to remove the last bloke, who was doing a fair job according to most true supporters.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181769.msg242589#msg242589 date=1253312333]

I'm flithy we lost a great CEO in Grant Mayer but the positive thing to come out of seems to be the FC has really lifted their game and Bob Reilly has done great job of opening the lines of communication with members.
Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181769.msg242589#msg242589 date=1253312333]

i still think Penn should step down as Chairman let Delmege appoint a

Cliffy could you please elaborate on how the FC has lifted its game.  I have three season tickets for my family but have not seen or heard or received anything that would make me consider enrolling as a football club member.

Please convince me as to why I should become a member of the football club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4