Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
By the way I just want to say I'm not jumping ship, I'm pissed off, disappointed but have been through much worse than this.

Secondly though and going back to the thread title @Ryan is probably right in that, poor old Tooves ( wether he's a good coach badly done by or a crap coach just hanging in) doesn't deserve this stuff.

We had the big " circle of love" and we all jizzed ourselves after it, well that lasted about 5 minutes.

Something is broke in our club and it needs to be sorted, if none of the players respect or can work with 2V, then with respect he needs to be moved aside.

If Foran and the presence of $CE are the cause, then we need to show strength of character and move them aside.

I do realise that decision may consign us to our first ever spoon but a bit like Ryan I'd rather cheer a bunch of young guys having a red hot go and losing each week than cheer an unhappy team with a bunch of mercenaries just doing the littlest they can each week counting down the days until they leave.

And of course now we are decimated by injuries, so with all the other stuff happening we have added not being able to select our best to run on.

It's tough times and tougher times ahead , but we will survive, we always have and always will!

I'd never walk away from the club, nor would I ever support another Rugby League team. As I always say, I can deal with losses, when the other stuff is right. You make very valid points, don't get me wrong, but I also think and feel apathy towards the playing group, mainly because of DCE / Foran, but also the club right now.

It's not a divorce, it's a separation. It has to be fun. If it's not, what's the point?I love coming on here though and chewing the phat with you blokes - so that won't change. Plus, I'm a gold section season ticket holder, and that won't change either, so if you look at it, I've bought a ticket to every game this year.

Done my part mate, I just need a break from watching the team, because the mercenaries are killing all the enjoyment in it for me. plus, I think we are going to be on a hiding to nothing this year.
I enjoy chewing the fat and chatting I just don't always enjoy the wave of negativity. The old saying 'misery loves company' comes to mind. I'm not saying your miserable and completely respect your right to do whatever you want. I think if you had prefaced your comments the way you have in the above post I probably wouldn't have reacted (as in you still have tickets etc.). Put simply negativity perpetuates more negativity and I'm sure there are plenty on here who express these views but won't continue to support the club.

I think many on this forum are incredibly fickle in their support and unfortunately there are those that haven't had to support us through a period of negativity. Therefore don't understand that there have been worse times. If we won by 60 next week I'm sure there'd be people coming out of the woodwork saying how wonderful we are.

My only real wish is that I don't want to see the young members of our squad not shown loyalty by the fans. The thing about 2003-2006 was that those players played with passion in part because our fans were turning up even if we were getting flogged. Now we've become a bit spoilt similar to our players and just expect results. The new breed though will come through the hardship and they need our support to develop a new culture. We've lost a bit of the hardnosed passion and its bull**** if people think its because of one or two players we've lost it because we've become complacent in success.

Part of me thinks we need to understand what losing is in order to want to win again. I'm not talking spoon that will never happen. I'm not even talking a whole season. But if you've ever played sport you learn a hell of a lot more about yourself and your team through losing than you ever will through winning. Everyone tells you how wonderful you are when you're winning and you don't get told your faults but in a media driven sport everyone rips you to shreds for losses.............anyone would only have to read this forum to know that

I enjoy chewing the fat and chatting I just don't always enjoy the wave of negativity. The old saying 'misery loves company' comes to mind. I'm not saying your miserable and completely respect your right to do whatever you want. I think if you had prefaced your comments the way you have in the above post I probably wouldn't have reacted (as in you still have tickets etc.). Put simply negativity perpetuates more negativity and I'm sure there are plenty on here who express these views but won't continue to support the club.

I think many on this forum are incredibly fickle in their support and unfortunately there are those that haven't had to support us through a period of negativity. Therefore don't understand that there have been worse times. If we won by 60 next week I'm sure there'd be people coming out of the woodwork saying how wonderful we are.

My only real wish is that I don't want to see the young members of our squad not shown loyalty by the fans. The thing about 2003-2006 was that those players played with passion in part because our fans were turning up even if we were getting flogged. Now we've become a bit spoilt similar to our players and just expect results. The new breed though will come through the hardship and they need our support to develop a new culture. We've lost a bit of the hardnosed passion and its bull**** if people think its because of one or two players we've lost it because we've become complacent in success.

Part of me thinks we need to understand what losing is in order to want to win again. I'm not talking spoon that will never happen. I'm not even talking a whole season. But if you've ever played sport you learn a hell of a lot more about yourself and your team through losing than you ever will through winning. Everyone tells you how wonderful you are when you're winning and you don't get told your faults but in a media driven sport everyone rips you to shreds for losses.............anyone would only have to read this forum to know that

Guys to be fair I think the Dragons match just sucked a lot of the life out of people. It was that horrible to watch.

A good showing against Canberra will get things going in the right direction again.

I just hope we don't go the way of Parramatta....29 years in the dark without a premiership, numerous wooden spoons and more coaches than you can poke a stick at. If removing Toovey is going to solve our problems fair enough but how come Foran and Cherry Evans still want out, and what of the latest rumour of Matai jumping ship again

I just hope we don't go the way of Parramatta....29 years in the dark without a premiership, numerous wooden spoons and more coaches than you can poke a stick at. If removing Toovey is going to solve our problems fair enough but how come Foran and Cherry Evans still want out, and what of the latest rumour of Matai jumping ship again
that was a rumour started on this forum

A lot of passion in this thread. Good to see.

We all want our "say", have our "own" opinion and thanks Dan for providing that outlet.

The only thing that is obvious to all of us; the club is indeed broken.

I think Ryan said in one of the posts that no matter what happens he will always be a Manly supporter. We are probably all 100% the same.

It's good to vent. It's good to have a forum to do so, but lets keep in mind we are all seeing the world through Maroon and White eyes. Some of us may need glasses @:D though (me included).

I don't have the answers to the current predicament, although I like to think I do. I can't control Kelly/Penn/Zorba/DCE/FOZ etc, but I can vent about their stupidity and selfishness then go watch the team play and cheer.

Lets not beat each other around the head on this. Whatever will be, will be.

If Joe Kelly misses out on Elgey due to offering him a year less than the Gold Coast then Kelly must go. He seems to have no clue on how to read players and get deals done. Look how poorly he handled DCE situation. I actually can't fathom what is wrong with the guy. Everyone on the forum here knew that foz was gone and to secure dce u just had to offer some good coin. The guy seems to be totally lost. Penns ten year plan will gets back to where we were first half of last year the way things are going

Sigh

Still overlooking that dce isnt worth 1.2m?

Didn't we move past this bit weeks ago?

The guy can't even kick a conversion for ****s sake!

@MarkfromBrisbane completely agree. I'd rather we endure a season of pain and rebuild/change now rather than just delay it and see us pick up 13th, 13th, 13th (or whatever) for the next couple of years, but say 'well at least we avoided the spoon!'. No point scraping by, I'd have no issue with high profile players being moved on or consigned to NSW cup if they are underperforming, or if they are undermining.

1. The Oracle ‏@BigOtrivia 3h3 hours ago
    Manly players want Toovey gone. After they beat Storm, they told Foran, they'd get Toovey sacked, if he stayed. Fact.

2. Mario Recuero ‏@recuerom 2h2 hours ago
    @BigOtrivia sad but true mate. I have it from the horse ‘s mouth.

3. The Oracle ‏@BigOtrivia 2h2 hours ago
    @recuerom . Horse is the smart arse who yelled I'll be hear next week in the huddle
    :confused:
I would suggest this tweet and his follow up:

Manly players and officials gave Toovey zero credit for a GF 2013, and eq first last year. It was the work of Hasler & Arthur.

has been very carefully placed and timed. @:oops::(:banghead:

No chance ....we will never be a Parra or that even worse basket case the sharks.

What's with all the so called Toovey hate amongst the players anyway?

Lunatics running the assylum @:cool:

The core that are whiteanting should be man enough to have a meeting with 2v and Management to fix this perceived divide.

Well I'll be $400+ richer from 2016 at least
@:cool:

Wait until round 10. There will be people on this forum jumping out of windows.

This is only the beginning.

The last time we went through something like this was 1989 (not the foz dce stuff)

Club legend in charge...on a hiding to nothing (injured players, players coming back late from playing in England) and we still managed to bounce back

The last time we went through something like this was 1989 (not the foz dce stuff)

Club legend in charge...on a hiding to nothing (injured players, players coming back late from playing in England) and we still managed to bounce back
Manly always seems to bounce back a Premiership every Decade since winning our first in the 70's not many clubs have achieved that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6