Toovey Era - The Inception

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
For those of us old enough to have watched this amazing man take on the UK Rep Team at Brooky all those years ago. Isn't it ironic that his first NRL Coaching foray will be in the Worl Cup Challenge in the UK ?

He sure knows how to dive in at the deep end and has never backed away from the seeminly daunting opposition.

May the Playing Group show him the respect and dedication that Tooves so justly deserves.

Welcome to the Big League of Coaching Mr Toovey - you have my unqualified support :heart:

Win Big!!!!! Win Often !!!!!

HappilyManly said:
For those of us old enough to have watched this amazing man take on the UK Rep Team at Brooky all those years ago. Isn't it ironic that his first NRL Coaching foray will be in the Worl Cup Challenge in the UK ?

He sure knows how to dive in at the deep end and has never backed away from the seeminly daunting opposition.

May the Playing Group show him the respect and dedication that Tooves so justly deserves.

Welcome to the Big League of Coaching Mr Toovey - you have my unqualified support :heart:

I was there that night..Tooves looked like a choirboy but played like a gladiator. I'm sure the fans will cut him some slack in his first season, I just hope the board do the same thing.

That would have been horrible Quinny and stretched my loyalty. I really despise Stuart. I'm really pleased that Toovs was sitting there and I thought that Penn was solid as well.

All good and I'm sure that the fans will be solid and respectful of Toovs and his efforts.

nels said:
HappilyManly said:

I was there that night..Tooves looked like a choirboy but played like a gladiator. I'm sure the fans will cut him some slack in his first season, I just hope the board do the same thing.

Great game by the little fellah, still got my Toovey Mask that Pepsi gave out. It is like the Walyl Golly mask they put out in SOO after Wally had a spit.

Earnie the Eagle said:
nels said:
HappilyManly said:

Great game by the little fellah, still got my Toovey Mask that Pepsi gave out. It is like the Walyl Golly mask they put out in SOO after Wally had a spit.

Do you wear it much?

The media will be writing us off big time, Toovey has already got the respect of team as he has been there as (that other blokes) understudy for a long time, he knows all the players better than any body else, add a different style of play, His way and anything is possible

We have lost
Rodney, ROBBO and Hoppa and hopefully will add any missing sigs in the weeks to come
This team will do us Proud and I'm excited at the prospect of 2012

A fan day is a great idea. Relay that to the front office Earnie. Give them a ring and suggest it.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Cant wait. How about a fan day at Brookie soon? It would be a good time to show support.

Rumours abound that Wednesday, 30th November we could be cheering the 2011 GF win at Hoyts in Warringah Mall.:rolleyes:

A strong and vocal turn out would be a great welcome for our new Coach.:angel:

Earnie the Eagle said:
nels said:
HappilyManly said:

I've got that one and a signed Matthew Ridge mask. I don't wear them much but the Mrs gets upset when I ask if she can wear them to bed ;-)

I'm looking forward to the WCC now. With Toov's in charge we now have a decent shot at it. The club is moving forward and that's the main thing. Go get em Geoff!

We need new T-shirts:
GROOVY TOOVEY

Regardless of how the team performs in 2012 we all know that Tooves will be doing his best for the club he loves.

Unlike Des, there is no denying the loyalty Tooves has for this club and this area. Born and bred Northern Beaches. It would be amazing if Cliffy and Beaver were working beside him in 2012/2013 (2013 for Beaver).

Masked Eagle said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
nels said:
HappilyManly said:

I've got that one and a signed Matthew Ridge mask. I don't wear them much but the Mrs gets upset when I ask if she can wear them to bed ;-)

My Mrs wants me to wear it to bed, one of us is getting the short end of the stick here.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2