Tooves public snub by Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whether you like it or not Tooves is a million to one ( being kind ) of getting another coaching gig ( Head Coach ). Especially after 5 years or so off. I feel sorry for him on a human level banging his head up against the brick wall and being shamed so publicly so often. But surely he knows how it's likely to play out now. Each time you get rejected you lose a bit more lustre rightly or wrongly and his ship has sailed.

Not that they were ever a chance, big step up from coaching QLD Cup to NRL, and their methods are a bit unorthodox to take a gamble in the NRL

Haven’t they been coaching over in the UK, or I might have got that completely wrong

Be more than happy for him to take Cartwrights job and maybe he can then go home and take up the position Barrett left open.
Win /win for everyone.
Get it done.
still have visions of Cartwright having a good chuckle at our misfortunes........perhaps that's the criteria Tooves doesn't have that the Warriors desire?

It's a shame. He would have been good for the Warriors.

Just a thought, I know we are talking about the Warriors, but could he possibly go to the Cowboys?

It's a shame. He would have been good for the Warriors.

Just a thought, I know we are talking about the Warriors, but could he possibly go to the Cowboys?
He would have been good for the Warriors, but would they have been good enough for him?.
Warriors have always had a soft underbelly, something very foreign to Toovey, and until they learn mental toughness, they'll always be a basket case.

I always suspected that going on Fox talk shows detracted from his 'gravitas' and made him seem more of a league personality than a serious coach. He'll need to coach successfully out of the NRL to be viewed as a serious coach again. He's certainly capable of doing that, just a question of how much he wants it. He has other options.

He would have been good for the Warriors, but would they have been good enough for him?.
Warriors have always had a soft underbelly, something very foreign to Toovey, and until they learn mental toughness, they'll always be a basket case.
Tooves would have been a good fit for them I reckon. Not many may be aware but Manly Have a close connection to a lot of kiwis stemming from the early 90s when Ridge and co came over. I’m one of these kiwi fans that never turned to supporting the warriors in 95. Manly was a lot of kiwis fav side until the warriors came in in 95. A lot of those fans like me became huge fans of Tooves, Cliffy Roberts and co. Tge way a Tooves played was admired by all including a large amount of his kiwi fans from that era.

To be honest Tooves should probably still be coach. He was great and I remember I was livid when he was sacked... will never properly trust the board/Penn because of it. How could we miss the finals once and then he gets sacked? Was managing a club with a transitioning culture as well.. (AKA DCE v gang).

Hope he gets a gig soon as he deserves to coach first grade. Hope moreso that he becomes assistant some day to Des and Cartwright goes.

Not saying this is gospel but a friend of mine advised me that tooves was interviewing at Canterbury a few months back also.. i was assuming it may have been for an assistant role to pay but it's making more sense now!
He would really be a Barrett hater now.. that's twice!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8