Tooves public snub by Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Disgusting to hear of the Toovey snub made public by the Warriors.

Not only was Toovey a grand final coach, he was royally screwed by two forward passes that denied him.
He brought Manly back from a first week finals loss to be in position to win.

Hmmm what Warriors coaches have achieved that.

I hope they turn to ****. Can’t win a premiership with just ticking boxes, you need passion for the craft as well., and Tooves offers both.

NYEagle

Tooves would come back strong in a second coaching stint I reckon

The Warriors overlooking him the way they have is typical of a club that is **** at being successful on the field

Toovs is a great assistant coach, hopefully winds up at Manly in some capacity.
We all get the man love for him but I honestly don’t think he cuts it as a head coach. That is also the belief of players that played beneath him during his tenure, no disrespect.

Here's a link to the snubbing.

Former Manly Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey was reportedly told he didn’t match the criteria for the NZ Warriors top job by CEO Cameron George.
That’s according to TVNZ’s Matt Manukia, who said Toovey was not interviewed; instead thanked for his interest and passed on.

He has been out of the coaching game for a while now.
I suspect clubs are circumspect about this.

I honestly can't see him getting another 1st grade gig, unless it's at Manly...and much would have to change at the club for that to happen.

Toovs is a great assistant coach, hopefully winds up at Manly in some capacity.
We all get the man love for him but I honestly don’t think he cuts it as a head coach. That is also the belief of players that played beneath him during his tenure, no disrespect.
I tend to agree and there must be a reason he keeps getting overlooked.And besides,can we envisage Tooves anywhere other than Manly?

The Warriors role tends to be a poison challis for anyone who drinks from it.

I think Tooves needs first to get an Assistant role Or coach in Super League if he wants a NRL gig again

One wonders what the criteria comprises of. If they are considering Payton and the walker bros, what do they have other than that they are actually coaching right now

I can’t believe Toovey even put his hand up again after they gave him the job a few years back then called him back the next day to say they changed their mind. I’m happy enough coz these pricks over here would have killed the little bugger. After Kearney was sacked the owner came out and said he wasn’t the right personality for the club so maybe Tooves would have been too tough

The new owner of the Warriors is a real maverick so will be interesting with him in charge. The CEO is an absolute buffoon, clanger after clanger, the members hate him. One of his famous quotes 18months ago was that his “phone was running hot” with players wanting to join the Warriors. His latest last week was saying that if he could buy any player in the comp, it would be Mitchell Moses hahahahaha

I actually like Todd Payten, straight shooter telling them what they dish up isn’t good enough, he publicly got up Adam Blair last week. Extremely tough job for him when you consider the squad is awful, they are all away from home and not family, and while all that is going on the owner tells 7 guys they aren’t required for next season or that they can have a look around, and on top of that they can’t attract players over here anyway so the next coach is on a hiding to nothing

There is talk that they may end up waiting a year to get a big name. Not confirmed but they approached the NRL about Flanagan and were told that they wouldn’t be overturn his ban. Bit **** really if you consider they change rules to suit the Roosters and Souths yesterday and whatnot the Warriors are doing for them at the moment

Last edited:
I reckon the Warriors are legit crazy.....
Tooves as Manly coach, still had a strong talented roster, but damn it was a rabble coming into 2012....
He had to knit so many issues that pretty much divided the team and he not only done this, but raised the Manly team back from the ashes, to what should have been a GF victory.
Tooves strength is possibly Manly's main artillery that has made the club the envy of the league for many years....the fighting spirit and tenacity to be a success is part of his natue and Exactly what the Warriors lack.....would not get a better man to lead them back to contention and watch them now go through 3 more coaches looking for Mr Right.

One wonders what the criteria comprises of. If they are considering Payton and the walker bros, what do they have other than that they are actually coaching right now
Who knows? my brothers are warriors supporters And they were filthy with Kearneys appt over Toovey last time. Todd Payten and the Walker Bros being considered but not someone who’s coached A team to a grand final and really should have won it. I bet Kent tees off over this on 360 tonight. He’s a fan of Tooves and thought he’d be good in the NZ gig.

Who knows? my brothers are warriors supporters And they were filthy with Kearneys appt over Toovey last time. Todd Payten and the Walker Bros being considered but not someone who’s coached A team to a grand final and really should have won it. I bet Kent tees off over this on 360 tonight. He’s a fan of Tooves and thought he’d be good in the NZ gig.
They have shafted the Walker brothers as well apparently

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4