Too many sin bins? Let's have more, say the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree

All the footy shows are replaying it and I still don't see how Jack could have pulled out of it :think:

JT is a whinger :rolleyes:

I reckon this new rule will encourage FIFA style writhing by playmakers. Hope ours are doing a workshop at NIDA this week :rock:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Some good ones haha

Watch out for the women though

giphy.gif

I noticed there was no outcry when Kasiano put a much worse & cheaper shot on JT , yet when Gozzy did it , it was like he hit him with a machete.

There was, Joey was right onto it.
Yes, Kasiano's was a cheap shot and should have got more time with his record.

is there anyone else who thought that Goziewski's hit on JT wasn't really late ? & he was committed to the tackle?

No. Gozzy was as late as.
To me the difference was it seemed Kasiano knew what he doing and didn't give a f%^k and Gozzy just wasn't good enough to get there in time and wasn't good enough to realise it could turn out ugly.

What I didn't like was that in the presser JT more or less inferred "some" teams are coached to put these type of cheap shots on.
Now I know he was pissed off ( and so he should be copping it two weeks in a row ) but that comment was garbage.
Gozzy just wasn't good enough.

View attachment 8637

No penalty on this playmaker - no judiciary charge either !!

Made me think of this one as well! I wrote to the nrl about it (politely) and like everyone else who takes the time to write in a got a pretty standard response.

"We all see things differently, Burgess got a warning letter, your correspondence has been noted."

It was a lot worse than the JT one(s) and hits that late aren't even allowed in (ice) hockey where almost anything goes.

Is anyone else sick of the carry on about this ?? It's a contact sport, the deterrent for playmakers going to the line and ball playing IS the fear of getting whacked. I'm not condoning late shots or dirty play, but if a half back goes to the line turns his back and draws in the defence and offloads then occasionally the fine line between late and on time gets crossed - that's footy. Don't want to get whacked ? then don't turn your back or don't go as deep into the line.

I can see this rule being over employed and farked up by the refs to the point where halves will be like protected species dummying and running through the line because defences are afraid to commit to them in fear of mistiming their hit and getting sin binned. It'll be the new obstruction cluster.

What irks me when people like Johns go off about protecting the play makers.....is that nothing is said about forwards who cop the same treatment if they have passed the ball before the line. Other than that the forwards are generally bigger, what the difference? Same with backs who got a late tackle.

Johns, who is usually leading the charge against "dog shots", only ever complains when its one of the halves who cop a late hit. 99% of the rest of the time he says nothing.

View attachment 8637

No penalty on this playmaker - no judiciary charge either !!

But but but.....Sam never saw him coming, Michael Buettner said so o_O

More to the point, the NRL saw Sam as England's big draw (and captain) for their match against Samoa and couldn't afford to charge or suspend him only 2 weeks out from the Pacific Tests. The sad part is that he did exactly the same thing (shoulder charge) the next week against the Tigpies and got away with that as well for the same reason.

But I do see the point being made.

DCE cops an off the ball shoulder charge and nothing is said. Thurston cops a couple of late-ish hits, has a sook, Johns has a couple of rants about dog shots on national television saying that play makers should be protected.....and suddenly there is a rule change?

Pick the protected species.

But you know what pisses me off more than anything about this?

Its yet ANOTHER bloody rule change or interpretation in mid bloody season.

I still say the NRL needs to see an orthopedic surgeon because all these knee jerk reactions can't be good.

There was, Joey was right onto it.
Yes, Kasiano's was a cheap shot and should have got more time with his record.

No. Gozzy was as late as.
To me the difference was it seemed Kasiano knew what he doing and didn't give a f%^k and Gozzy just wasn't good enough to get there in time and wasn't good enough to realise it could turn out ugly.

What I didn't like was that in the presser JT more or less inferred "some" teams are coached to put these type of cheap shots on.
Now I know he was pissed off ( and so he should be copping it two weeks in a row ) but that comment was garbage.
Gozzy just wasn't good enough.

Normal speed? really? .... halves need to harden the f**k up ... chopper said so .... I remember well Alan Thompson getting poleaxed many times when he would get away a late delivery ... very rarely drew a penalty .... just sayin ... it will be touch footy soon

Should adopt the NFL 2 step rule. If those huge guys can stop themselves in 2 steps from hitting the quarterback or kicker the league players should be able to do the same.

Greenturd fronts the game like a egotistical charlatan ...
For f.....sakes !!!
Hasnt he heard of Bill Harrigan ?

its like the start to BasketBall.

a single is from the free throw line...

I know who Squeak is

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4