Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
T-Rex is the greatest waste of space I have seen on a football field in 60 years of watching ... with the exception of 1 or 2 minutes per game he literally impersonated a traffic bollard ....

However, 3 things are different this time around ... 1) His form last year indicated he has finally learnt how to run like a big fast Mungo and break a tackle, and his workload was coming close to a real footballer ... and his offloading has improved ...

2) We will be paying him fish and chip money compared to his former $660k glory days ...

and 3) Motivation , He has been through the school of dumb dumb and knows much of his legacy depends on his efforts this year ....

As a gamble with a cheap salary cap spot .... it makes a lot of sense .... I have never personally disliked the bloke and wish him the best if he gets a shot ...
I agree with your first paragraph.... but not so sure after that! Just sayin!

Trex is there for his experience, especially with the dev players at Blacktown. Also good for the young islanders throughout the club to have him around.

I doubt he will be knocking on the door for NRL unless we are struck hard by injury and suspension

The dogs fans called him Dorothy hahaha lets hope those days are behind him. At his best he was the most destructive 2nd rower in the game. I remember he scored a try in every world cup game he played in.. we dont have foran yelling at him anymore so theres that haha

Guys, 1 minute, 4 seconds in. One of my favorite NRL moments hahaha. Billy the pancake Slater @:D
Haha, good one @Ryan. What a giant of a winger and really used his size on Slater. He's sure been around, positionally..

T-Rex is the greatest waste of space I have seen on a football field in 60 years of watching ... with the exception of 1 or 2 minutes per game he literally impersonated a traffic bollard ....

However, 3 things are different this time around ... 1) His form last year indicated he has finally learnt how to run like a big fast Mungo and break a tackle, and his workload was coming close to a real footballer ... and his offloading has improved ...

2) We will be paying him fish and chip money compared to his former $660k glory days ...

and 3) Motivation , He has been through the school of dumb dumb and knows much of his legacy depends on his efforts this year ....

As a gamble with a cheap salary cap spot .... it makes a lot of sense .... I have never personally disliked the bloke and wish him the best if he gets a shot ...
Pretty much agree with your entire summary Woodsie, but the strange thing....I have never seen him look more motivated than 2019 playing for Blacktown....yes only NSW Cup, but he had a red hot crack in admittedly only 2 games I seen him play.
Almost like he realises its his final stands and wants to go out no regrets, realising he has wasted a heck of a lot of his potential by only playing 2 minutes out if 80 majority of his career, apart from the purple patch where Foran shoved a red hot poker up his backside....

I expect he is seen as being within the top 26 at best. He could come in handy depending on injuries, rep duties etc. I would be very very surprised to see him in the 17 come round one. Don’t get me wrong I really hope he has a cracking season.

With Jake and AFB out in the first rounds Trex has (yet another) opportunity to showcase his natural talent :nod:

He did look good in BWSE last year playing in a side that was ravaged by filling in for our huge NRL injuries

Two more months to see if Trex is the 2011 version or not @:)

That sublime pass to Snake in the 2011 Cows Semi is indelible :clap:

Last edited:
At 31 hes probably long past his best. But he would go alright against tired defense in the second half as a wide running second rower.

The denizens of this forum are approximately bat**** crazy and docile

They all be like 'we hate Jorge we hate Jorge' and now? Now y'all playing soggy Sao using T Rex as inspiration

images

Tony Williams: Former NRL star joins Picton Magpies in Macarthur Conference for 2022​

It is a T-Rex resurrection with one of the most destructive and powerful ball runners in recent times set to resume his rugby league career with bush footy club Picton Magpies.
Tony Williams, a former NRL premiership winner, NSW Origin representative and Tongan international, has signed to play in the Macarthur Conference – formerly known as Group 6 – for the 2022 season.

Former NRL player Tony Williams has signed on for the Picton Magpies in 2022. Picture: Facebook

Former NRL player Tony Williams has signed on for the Picton Magpies in 2022. Picture: Facebook
Williams played 170 NRL games for the Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles, Cronulla Sharks and Parramatta Eels across a ten-year career, which included three State of Origin
appearances.
His NRL career ended in 2018 after a second positive illicit drug test led to the Eels ripping up his contract.
In May last year, Williams took to social media to support close friend Jarryd Hayne after he was jailed for five years and eight months for sexual assault, with an Instagram post ridiculing the victim and the justice system for sending “an innocent brotherly to jail.” He had contracts with Windsor Wolves in the Ron Massey Cup and a 2022 contract with US-based New York Freedom terminated as a result.

He later apologised on social media and told TheSydney Morning Herald he was scolded by his mum for his comments.
Williams stint with the Picton Magpies will be his first rugby league foray since the controversial comments.
First grade coach Jake Tonitto said Williams joining the Magpies was “huge” for the Picton community.
“To sign a player of Tony’s calibre is really pleasing,” he said. “He’s a huge acquisition for our club, the playing group, and our community in general.
“Tony will bring experience that can’t be coached, both on-and-off the field. I look forward to working with him.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4