Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
A small piece on Tony Williams in todays big league magazine

NEEDS TO STAND UP..The sight of Tony Williams at full speed can be terrifying; with Jamie Lyon on the sidelines for a few weeks, Williams needs to put his hand up, get involved and go at the opposition full tilt. He touched the ball just six times last week against the storm and tallied 57 metres and Broke one tackle, so must up his numbers to get his team on the front foot.

at least with Matai he takes a hit up nearly everytime we are coming off our line after a kick and makes some good runs, Trex is twice Matai's size so maybe he needs a good size 10 from dessie to repay some of the faith the club has given him

The sooner he moves back onto a wing or into the forward rotation from the bench the better.

Should not be playing in the centres.

That's where Hoppa snr was so devastating. He could be relied upon to take 2 hitups every set of six, taking pressure off the forwards.

T-rex should be doing exactly the same but I think he lacks heart.

WAMF link said:
That's where Hoppa snr was so devastating. He could be relied upon to take 2 hitups every set of six, taking pressure off the forwards.

Tony "Iro" Williams

Imagine T-rex with Matai's disposition, he would either snap opposition players in half or decapitate them. :)

I think he is more like Kevin Iro. Given that he is playing in one of  the toughest sports in the world you can't say he lacks heart. However, I reckon its all mental and he doesn't know how good he could be.

I saw enough in the first game to suggest we will get the same T-Rex this year as we had last season. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Should have George Rose in the centres at least he would be harder to run around than Tony

WAMF link said:

Therin lies the problem...not being racist here in any way but I believe that it can be a cultural thing, I have seen a lot of pacific islanders play the game, they are naturally gifted but many many of them don't go on due to this very reason.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:

NEEDS TO STAND UP..The sight of Tony Williams at full speed can be terrifying; with Jamie Lyon on the sidelines for a few weeks, Williams needs to put his hand up, get involved and go at the opposition full tilt. He touched the ball just six times last week against the storm and tallied 57 metres and Broke one tackle, so must up his numbers to get his team on the front foot.

at least with Matai he takes a hit up nearly everytime we are coming off our line after a kick and makes some good runs, Trex is twice Matai's size so maybe he needs a good size 10 from dessie to repay some of the faith the club has given him

Is this article from a few years ago, last year, or current?

See what I am saying people?

Ryan link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186899.msg323899#msg323899 date=1300316952]

Is this article from a few years ago, last year, or current?

See what I am saying people?
[/quote]

We hear you mate.

Yeah the top try scorer from last year needs to step up
I think him being our top try scorer is more a concern than
his lack of work ethic

With age comes wisdom.  I'd hate to play against Tony the day that he is really p!sseD off but untill he can find that rage and bottle it for game day he will be below his par. He was leading try scorer last year but Lleyton Hewitt was #1 tennis player because there was no Federa or Nadal, it was just a quiet time in tennis.

One game.  Tony went OK in Melbourne.  He wasn't the cause of the loss.  OK he gave them one try, but they scored three remember.  Anyway I'm confident he'll go good on Sunday.  We need size out there to stop The Backpacker. 

They dont call him the T REX for nothing , and he can come up with big plays now and again. We need him to produce against the roosters big time!!!

Central Coast Eagle link said:
Where's all this TRex into the forwards stuff come from? Has anyone from the coaching staff actually come out and said that's the plan??

It was the original plan when we got him, but injuries have dictated otherwise, and he said himself in RLW that he has been training with the backs and the forwards over the summer and is looking forward to being used in the pack

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6