Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The commentators were comparing him to Jonah Lomu!  Hopefully he can tackle a bit better than big Jonah.  Sucked in Parra fans.

My thoughts on tony williams,

huge boy, best junior we have had for quite a few years, but where will we put him??? maybe mattai will be made a lock if beaver goes?? but mattai would not be up for 40 tackles in the middle of the park, his defence off the fringes is intimidating

williams is too big/not fit enough for lock, maybe 2nd row but choc and stewart!! His best position is centre but lyon and mattai with bailey orford!!

I would say that's why parra offered him ordinary money, they have haynes, ben smiths, taulia plus inu etc and hindmarsh

If he has been a back, will he have the workrate for 2nd row???

etc, dynamic in juniors but big question marks in 1st grade and regular position

Also, I read the knights pages and only quality stuff about bailey, his weapons are his ball skills and 1 on 1 plus defence, that's what orford needs to help him

When we signed him they said they saw him as a backrower. If Beaver departs there is probably a bench spot at worst for him

Going to be an awesome player for us

I listened to Luke Burt talking about him this morning. Was in awe of the guy. He is quick, hardworking and incredibly fit. He is equally at home in the forwards and backs and he is only 19. His work ethic is strong. All I saw off the ball, that the cameras didn't pick up impressed me.

Darren link said:
huge boy, best junior we have had for quite a few years, but where will we put him??? maybe mattai will be made a lock if beaver goes?? but mattai would not be up for 40 tackles in the middle of the park, his defence off the fringes is intimidating

Matai doesn't want to move away from the centres. He has no plans to switch to the forwards. And really, why would we move him? Choc and Stewart are smaller backrowers...add Matai (95 kilos max) and we've got a tiny backrow. Williams is huge. Chuck him in the second row, Glenn Stewart is tailor made for lock. He's mobile, great workrate, loves to tackle and in attack he is our most creative forward (aside from Beaver) because of his neat footwork.

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=177615.msg186329#msg186329 date=1212880280]

Matai doesn't want to move away from the centres. He has no plans to switch to the forwards. And really, why would we move him? Choc and Stewart are smaller backrowers...add Matai (95 kilos max) and we've got a tiny backrow. Williams is huge. Chuck him in the second row, Glenn Stewart is tailor made for lock. He's mobile, great workrate, loves to tackle and in attack he is our most creative forward (aside from Beaver) because of his neat footwork.
[/quote]

Spot on Will
with Bell gone Lyon will go back to the centre position with Baily at 5/8 their would be no need for Williams to be at centre

01.Stewart
02.Bani
03.Matai
04.Lyon
05.Robertson
06.Bailey
07.Orford
08.King
09.Ballin/LeStrange
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Stewart
13.Menzies

14.Perry
15.Cuthberson
16.Hall
17.T.Williams

(1 to be omitted)

Looks like a great team to me

unlucky to miss out
Dave Williams
Luke Williamson
Mark Bryant
Vic Mauro

Leave Ballin as starting hooker, put L'Estrange in Hall's spot and that'd probably be the best bench in the comp.

With Hall as back up (tough choice as he's been in awesome form, but I reckon the others simply add more to the side), there'd probably be no need for Bryant either, freeing up some room under the cap.

All this depends on if Menzies stays of course. I really hope he does stay on for one more year.

I put menzies in there sort of thinking he will go around again, if he does retire then that is the 17 I would go with

Downie link said:
Leave Ballin as starting hooker, put L'Estrange in Hall's spot and that'd probably be the best bench in the comp.

Ballin is not signed for next year.  Don't presume anything.

Eels won't fight for Tony Williams

By Dean Ritchie | June 09, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23831267-5006066,00.html

PARRAMATTA claimed last night the club would not attempt to re-sign rising star Tony Williams, who has agreed to play the next three years with Manly.

There was speculation yesterday that the Eels may make a last-ditch bid for Williams, who cannot officially sign with Manly until after 13 June.

Luke Lewis used the same NRL clause to renege on his Souths deal to remain with the Panthers.

Williams emerged as a future star with a blockbusting performance in Parramatta's 30-12 win over Canberra at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday night.

Asked would the Eels make a late play for Williams, coach Michael Hagan said: "I don't know we're in a position to do that.

"We have made other commitments for players for next season."

Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said talk of his club approaching Williams again was "news to me".

Berkeley_Eagle link said:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23831267-5006066,00.html

PARRAMATTA claimed last night the club would not attempt to re-sign rising star Tony Williams, who has agreed to play the next three years with Manly.

There was speculation yesterday that the Eels may make a last-ditch bid for Williams, who cannot officially sign with Manly until after 13 June.

Luke Lewis used the same NRL clause to renege on his Souths deal to remain with the Panthers.

Williams emerged as a future star with a blockbusting performance in Parramatta's 30-12 win over Canberra at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday night.

Asked would the Eels make a late play for Williams, coach Michael Hagan said: \"I don't know we're in a position to do that.

\"We have made other commitments for players for next season.\"

Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said talk of his club approaching Williams again was \"news to me\".
  But at least they've retained superstars like Finch, Burt, probably Wagon and the most famous plodder of all - My Hind legs are stuck in a Marsh. 

Sorry about Hadley not coming in,but I stand by the info.He will be staying with Parra as Hagan wants him thats why he put him in first grade.When the papers smell the fire its happening 8)

MNF link said:
Sorry about Hadley not coming in,but I stand by the info.He will be staying with Parra as Hagan wants him thats why he put him in first grade.When the papers smell the fire its happening 8)
all i can smell is the stench of the **** you post MNF :)

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=MNF link=topic=177615.msg186491#msg186491 date=1212963380]
all i can smell is the stench of the S**t you post MNF :)
[/quote]Oh Cliffy were is Scott Hill  ;D

MNF link said:

Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said talk of his club approaching Williams again was "news to me".

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8