Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
Well, he's got until midnight tonight to make this announcement.....
Friday (the day as a whole) is counted as round 13....

I guess you know more than the officials of our club. Well done !
Sorry but you are wrong he has until 7.30 Friday night,and it will be made public at 10.05am on the Ray Hadley  morning program ;D

MNF link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177615.msg186213#msg186213 date=1212643425]

Sorry but you are wrong he has until 7.30 Friday night,and it will be made public at 10.05am on the Ray Hadley  morning program ;D
[/quote]

And if you are wrong on this then you will be banned for good.

i hope he makes a self impossed ban on himself if Raaaaaaaaaaaaay doesn't announce it.

if he is right, then i will back him to be admin of the site ;)

At the end of the day I have never seen the guy play and never heard of him until a couple of weeks ago so either way I am not stressed about it.

MNF link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177615.msg186213#msg186213 date=1212643425]

[/quote]

so if it isn't do you promise to ban yourself

Just to keep everyone happy this is a general warning to JC, Fro and anyone else who feels left without one.

I don't know how to ban anymore but I will find it if anyone hits anyone with lettuce leaves or bits of celery. :) :) :)

istockphoto_504339_carrot_celery_potato.jpg

CW I think I speak on behalf of Jatz when I say that we are offended by your group warning.

I believe we have both done more than enough to have warranted an individual warning, and if that warning is not forthcoming I will cry and not need one after all :)

and what was this thread about?? oh yeah some wanker crapping on about Tony Williams.

Fro, a warning for your anal retentive grammar and spelling corrections

Jatz, you can have one for the way you rile up Ryan.

Happy?

Big Sports Breakfast were talking about Nathan Smith now reneging on his agreement to go to Canberra next season. Same Rd 13 cut off tripe. Penrith are making a name for themselves here. Other info mentioned was;
- Raiders believe they can fight this based on legal advice. This suggests that something has been signed.
- Josh Massoud from Telegraph reckons the Rd 13 cut off ends next Tues, not today.(why didn't you know this MNF?)

I am still concerned about T Williams because the slimes would just love to get one back on us. Wheel - I guess we'll have a better idea about his potential after tomorrow night but he must have something going for him.

If nothing is announced this morning hopefully My Name is Fknuckle will disappear (until the the next exciting retention story surfaces).

Legal row brewing over
By Josh Massoud

June 06, 2008 12:00am

FURIOUS Canberra officials are preparing to legally challenge the NRL's player transfer rules after 2009 recruit Nathan Smith became the latest star to renege.

Just a week after Panthers playmaker Luke Lewis exploited the NRL loophole to get out of a deal with Souths, teammate Smith last night followed suit by backflipping on his three-year deal with the Raiders.

Smith agreed to terms with Canberra on April 29, but was reluctant to leave Penrith and only agreed to do so because the Raiders offered $50,000 more per season.

After witnessing Lewis's reversal seven days ago, he approached Penrith officials earlier this week to reaffirm his desire to stay.

Having been unable to secure a replacement back-rower, CEO Mick Leary and coach Matt Elliott agreed to match Canberra's $200,000-a-year offer.

Smith wanted to re-sign with Penrith for a further three years last night, but legal threats from ropeable Raiders boss Don Furner prevented the extension from being rubber-stamped.

Under the new NRL rules, the current club has until Tuesday morning to make a counter offer to any contracted players who are committed elsewhere for next season.

While the Panthers and Smith have done nothing illegal under the rules, Furner yesterday obtained legal advice that suggests the law can be challenged because it induces players to breach contracts.

Smith's agent Sam Ayoub lamented the debacle last night. After Furner threatened to sue his client for breach of contract, Ayoub sought a guarantee from Penrith that the club would indemnify Smith against any legal action.

Leary could not provide sucha guarantee but has promisedto meet NRL CEO David Gallop today.

"It's unbelievable,'' Ayoub said. "The NRL creates these ridiculous laws but then when the s..t hits the fan it's the player who can be sued because he's the one that is party to the contract.''

Furner could not be contacted for comment.

Dan link said:
Fro, a warning for your anal retentive grammar and spelling corrections

Jatz, you can have one for the way you rile up Ryan.

Happy?

Warning received and accepted with thanks.

Although I feel the need to point out that my riling up of Ryan is worth way more than Fros minor english language indiscretions  ;)

Hey I have abused the living sh!t out of Byso on at least 2 occasions, that must count for something?

i might add that Byso and I have no issues any longer :)

i can trump all of that.

I am so bad there was a bloke on here last year who proposed a meeting near his place of work in North Sydney so we could go the knuckle.  ;D

Surely the most violent and amusing proposition in Silvertails history.

Not that we are competing or anything like that Fro  :D

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8