Tony Williams - Joined the Dogs for the cash

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HoldenV8 said:
The Who said:
It hasn't been money well spent. In recent matches he has improved, but he still doesn't understand that he would be far more damaging if he ran onto the ball, not simply stopping and trying to 'bunt' tacklers away.
I'm glad he's gone. He was frustrating to watch knowing he could be so much better if only he had some footballing nous.

Didn't Williams only ever run onto the ball when he was at Manly because he had Foz constantly screaming in his ear to do that?

You know, I don't blame the guy for taking the money they offered him. Hell, if someone was going to pay me $600,000 a year to be a lazy arsed second rower I'd seriously....SERIOUSLY think about taking it. But at the same time I'd be very hard pressed to leave Manly.

I totally agree with The Who......T-Rex could be so much better, even better than both $BW and Grub Brother Sam (as second rowers come). If he ever realised that he'd hardly ever miss out on an Origin or Test jumper.

If only he used his talents for good (Manly) rather than evil (Scumdogs).

If you believe the stories about dinner with De$ and get out clauses in contracts the plan was for Foz to be still screaming in William's ear at his new digs. Was:dodgy: now:D.

Would rather see someone leave the club for better prospects gracefully (and didn't want to go) than someone intent on trashing the place on the way out.

lsz said:
Off course no one on here has ever left a job for another for more money

Does finishing an apprenticeship and becoming self employed count?

The Who said:
It hasn't been money well spent. In recent matches he has improved, but he still doesn't understand that he would be far more damaging if he ran onto the ball, not simply stopping and trying to 'bunt' tacklers away.
I'm glad he's gone. He was frustrating to watch knowing he could be so much better if only he had some footballing nous.

I hate both the Dogs and Souffs but I hope he plays the game of his life and leaves his footprints on the Burgi's heads.
He's just got to follow James Graham and it'll happen.

His form has been better recently.
Of course some subscribe to the theory that every player must profess undying love for the club they just signed for. The fact they get paid to be smashed to smithereens, no matter who they play for, is irrelevant.

lsz said:

Well I don't know about the rest of everybody here but I can honestly say that I have never left a job for another for more money.

Jethro said:
lsz said:

Well I don't know about the rest of everybody here but I can honestly say that I have never left a job for another for more money.
Depends how much you need the money Jethro . We are not all as well off as you are brother :p

Well blow me down. What poor form from this traitorous cretin.

I'll be damned if i ever leave a job for more pay!

I only go to work to meet women :).
But seriously the Dogs paid serious overs. But have a look at the old video from 2011 and the early part of 2012 when TRex did his back in in that SOO. He was pretty good. for a short while. He even 'seemed bigger' then, but maybe its just because there werent so many Burgess bros around then.

Jethro said:
lsz said:

I have, there were other reasons as well but that was a big part of it.

He said at the time he didn't want to leave but his dad wanted him to take the bigger offer. All part of island culture

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2