Tony Williams DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ian Martin tragic link said:
Williams is a 'role model' whether anyone likes it or not

I couldnt disagree more. The general public, stupid as they are, need to take responsibility for themselves and let T. Williams take care of himself and the legal punishment coming his way.

The club should hit him with a 10k fine with some community work and hopefully it is enough to satisfy the NRL and keep Gallop's nose out of it.

swoop link said:
The club should hit him with a 10k fine with some community work and hopefully it is enough to satisfy the NRL and keep Gallop's nose out of it.

How much money is he on? I don't know about a 10k fine but I do agree that a percentage of his wage should be fined and donated to some anti-alcohol or even more specifically a victims of drink driving type charity with him doing some sort of work with this charity so that he can see what these poor people have to deal with every day for the rest of their life.

I checked the official NRL site for clues as to how this will be handled. It is a conundrum, he might be forced to play in the VB Test, or maybe get drafted into the Tooheys Blues. He might have to help with the BWS Game Analyser. Worst case, if he is drummed out of the game altogether I suppose he can go to the Bundy Rum Wallabies.

Not to make light of the dangers of drink driving, but I guess the NRL wants everyone to get pissed responsibly.

" Smithfield " ??

I have always lived on the Northern Beaches ( insular peninsula ) , but isn't Smithfield near Parramatta ?

Maybe T Rex was out drinking with some ex team mates from the Parramatta Eels after their loss to the Raiders on Monday night.

I used to live and work in the Smithfield area... everyone knows that the RBT site is always set up on the Cumberland Highway near the Polding Street overbridge !! Everyone except for T-Rex.. Might have been visiting family or as ChuckWood suggested having drinks with the slime. Des might have to extend the travel ban westward as well!

Melbournes weakness IMO is McDougall on the wing... whoever slots in for us should go up against him.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Ian Martin tragic link=topic=183001.msg259032#msg259032 date=1271146999]

I couldnt disagree more. The general public, stupid as they are, need to take responsibility for themselves and let T. Williams take care of himself and the legal punishment coming his way.

[/quote]

Painting an ideal world is appealing, but it's still a painting.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183001.msg259059#msg259059 date=1271155077]
[quote author=Ian Martin tragic link=topic=183001.msg259032#msg259032 date=1271146999]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean ? What ideal world are you refering to ?

tookey link said:
Des' punishment for him will be a days running up and down the sandhills at Palm beach.  He won't drink for a long time after that. 

Whare is not ready for Fg yet - young hoppa will be on the wing.  Looking forward to that after what Foran and Hodkinson have shown this year. 

Whare is not ready but Hoppa is? Hoppa is far from dominating in the under 20's, last week i saw the last 60 minutes and he wasnt in our top 10 best players.

His last 20 minutes in the tigeers and eels games was also quiet so it looks like he hasnt got the fitness to go hard for 80 minutes of 20's. give him abother 5 rounds to get his fitness up at a minimum but even then at 17 I wouldnt play him.

Correct Fluffy.  Des will not bring up an under 20s player in a situation like this.  Big T will get a club fine and no stand down.  It's his first indiscretion and a fine and a warning will do. 

Might be more to it than just the DUI – Des could be upset at the drinking (i.e. Recovery or when players are meant to relaxing etc)

This could be reason for a suspension etc

Manly winger tony Williams fined for drink driving charge

From staff writers
April 14, 2010 Manly will hit Tony Williams with a significant fine and order him to enrole in community services and a traffic offenders program in resonse the winger's drink driving charge.
Williams and his manager Issac Moses met with Manly CEO Graham Lowe and Football Manager Steve Gigg, following his failure to pass a random breath test in the early hours of Tuesday morning on the Cumberland Highway at Smithfield.

Lowe said the disciplinary committee of the club and the faith of his team mates had influenced the final decision, which is harsh but didn’t include a suspension.
"The issue is a serious one - a very serious one.
"Tony Williams is a footballer and playing Rugby League is his job. He will need to play plenty of games to pay for his upcoming fine which is yet to be decided but it will be more than significant,” Lowe said.

The Sea Eagles chose Williams on the wing to play Melbourne Storm on Monday night and he trained with the side today and will play.

Source - http://foxsports.com.au/

role models lol what a load of **** name me a kid who has a role model did you have one when you was young i know i didnt kids these days want to be individuals not look up to some dumb ass rugby player its all just an excuse in my eyes. fine him 30,000 i bet he doesnt do it again.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=183001.msg259125#msg259125 date=1271221569]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183001.msg259059#msg259059 date=1271155077]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean ? What ideal world are you refering to ?
[/quote]
The imaginary ideal world is where the general public actually take responsibility for themselves.

Whereas in the real world the general public don't take any real responsibility for themselves and instead imagine their worth (good or bad) is determined by whether or not they wear the same brand runners or sunshade as a Tiger Woods.

And so the extra penalty to T-Rex for damaging the brands of VB, Tooheys, BWS and other NRL sponsors and product by association.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183001.msg259029#msg259029 date=1271146205]
Des' punishment for him will be a days running up and down the sandhills at Palm beach.  He won't drink for a long time after that. 

Whare is not ready for Fg yet - young hoppa will be on the wing.  Looking forward to that after what Foran and Hodkinson have shown this year. 

Whare is not ready but Hoppa is? Hoppa is far from dominating in the under 20's, last week i saw the last 60 minutes and he wasnt in our top 10 best players.

His last 20 minutes in the tigeers and eels games was also quiet so it looks like he hasnt got the fitness to go hard for 80 minutes of 20's. give him abother 5 rounds to get his fitness up at a minimum but even then at 17 I wouldnt play him.
[/quote]

I agree mate, I have watched some the 20s, have liked what I have seen of him, but not up to NRL level just yet imo

Having watched that comp of a couple of years,  guys like Hunt and Barba absolutely killed it and have found the step up massive. Dugan has gone well, not sure Hoppa is up to his class yet though. Big Tony destroyed all comers in the 20s and has taken a while to find his feet in NRL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7