Tony Mestrov

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Interesting comments from Tony, 35-seconds into the Channel Nine clip.

I believe he answered a concern in this thread about getting on the front-foot.

Best of luck Tony, I wish you well and I am sure that you will do very well.

Paraphrasing Trump after the week we've just had, can't say he won't be entertaining lol.

He’s draining the swamp and getting rid of the woke. Absolutely love to see it.
If you're referring to the inclusivity jersey I reckon you might wanna consider our geographical representation and correlating political electorates same-sex marriage plebiscite results. This is an arguably relevant piece of data (Mackellar 68%, Warringah 75% YES) with potential applicable uses regarding the topic and our club within the local community.

In all honesty I do not have enough information available to make an informed opinion, as such I am reluctant to comment on his performance without allowing fair time for the issue to play out first. As it stands I don't believe the players have stated their positions publicly? I acknowledge the topic's mainstream coverage and highly politicised debate concerning cultural, religious and other social sensitivities leaving my own views susceptible to bias and blind-spots. The lack of accurate information requires me to act with consideration, in good faith and allow benefit of the doubt due to the hospital-pass nature of the appointment. The topic of discussion is bigger than the 7 players, club and game elevating scrutiny outside our traditional rugby league channels, but perhaps more importantly restricting the club's ability to exert influence controlling the narrative.

I'm personally mildly optimistic his last role with Greyhounds NSW may have prepared him with exactly the skills needed for a footy club in our position after overseeing a spectacular resurgence of NSW greyhound racing, following the NSW government’s reversed ban of the sport back in 2016. My knowledge of him beyond the available media is cursory at best, I can only assume he has performed strongly within a hostile environment given my limited insight and understanding.

Outside the generic executive expectations I'm interested to see what value he can bring to the organisation in light of the recent Brookvale upgrade, assuming the $33 million investment puts any additional government investment further down the line? Circling back to electorates, perhaps Warringah's recent federal election result has provided additional, unforeseen political lobbying opportunities to capitalise on in any attempt at influencing votes back to the traditionally Liberal held seat? His seemingly successful experience interacting with state government departments and regulators in common industries like liquor and gaming has him positioned attractively.

In the spirit of baseless internet forum speculation perhaps his statement was deliberately worded in anticipation of a predictable response which can be used to frame the discussion and resume control moving forward? Appealing to a specific demographic identified as key targets to influence the discussion may require a partisan approach like this depending on the desired outcome. I quietly hope this is a calculated strategy given his preparation allowed under current circumstances, his actions should be carefully considered given this. As I previously said it's certainly entertaining for a casual observer given his choice of words, whether they're appropriate given the aforementioned concerns is yet to be determined.

With all this said I'd still rather talk about footy than explore identity politics with you @chuckee because even if we disagree on this particular thing, I'm sure we have way more areas of common interest @:p Apart from this do you have any other insights on Tony Mestrov and his business executive experience?

Cheers.

If you're referring to the inclusivity jersey I reckon you might wanna consider our geographical representation and correlating political electorates same-sex marriage plebiscite results. This is an arguably relevant piece of data (Mackellar 68%, Warringah 75% YES) with potential applicable uses regarding the topic and our club within the local community.

In all honesty I do not have enough information available to make an informed opinion, as such I am reluctant to comment on his performance without allowing fair time for the issue to play out first. As it stands I don't believe the players have stated their positions publicly? I acknowledge the topic's mainstream coverage and highly politicised debate concerning cultural, religious and other social sensitivities leaving my own views susceptible to bias and blind-spots. The lack of accurate information requires me to act with consideration, in good faith and allow benefit of the doubt due to the hospital-pass nature of the appointment. The topic of discussion is bigger than the 7 players, club and game elevating scrutiny outside our traditional rugby league channels, but perhaps more importantly restricting the club's ability to exert influence controlling the narrative.

I'm personally mildly optimistic his last role with Greyhounds NSW may have prepared him with exactly the skills needed for a footy club in our position after overseeing a spectacular resurgence of NSW greyhound racing, following the NSW government’s reversed ban of the sport back in 2016. My knowledge of him beyond the available media is cursory at best, I can only assume he has performed strongly within a hostile environment given my limited insight and understanding.

Outside the generic executive expectations I'm interested to see what value he can bring to the organisation in light of the recent Brookvale upgrade, assuming the $33 million investment puts any additional government investment further down the line? Circling back to electorates, perhaps Warringah's recent federal election result has provided additional, unforeseen political lobbying opportunities to capitalise on in any attempt at influencing votes back to the traditionally Liberal held seat? His seemingly successful experience interacting with state government departments and regulators in common industries like liquor and gaming has him positioned attractively.

In the spirit of baseless internet forum speculation perhaps his statement was deliberately worded in anticipation of a predictable response which can be used to frame the discussion and resume control moving forward? Appealing to a specific demographic identified as key targets to influence the discussion may require a partisan approach like this depending on the desired outcome. I quietly hope this is a calculated strategy given his preparation allowed under current circumstances, his actions should be carefully considered given this. As I previously said it's certainly entertaining for a casual observer given his choice of words, whether they're appropriate given the aforementioned concerns is yet to be determined.

With all this said I'd still rather talk about footy than explore identity politics with you @chuckee because even if we disagree on this particular thing, I'm sure we have way more areas of common interest @:p Apart from this do you have any other insights on Tony Mestrov and his business executive experience?

Cheers.
Too long didn’t read. I’m completely over the issue and I suggest everyone else does the same. My comment was tongue in cheek, taking quotes from DJT but you took the bait.

Let’s just get move forward and get back to footy yeah?

Can we remove one of those strikes as he met with Des on Saturday before his official start date 1/8.😳
They would have played in the same team for a few years so hopefully they're on the same page in many/most areas.

They would have played in the same team for a few years so hopefully they're on the same page in many/most areas.
You mean like all our current stars who play in the same team and are on the same page ...!! :)
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I don't think you can assume that all the people that voted YES are opposed to the stand taken by the 7 ..

It is possible to believe that same sex marriage is a good thing ... and also believe that in a democracy people have the right to live according to their cultural and religious beliefs .. (as long as they are legal) ...

I voted yes ... but I also support the democratic rights 7 ...

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10