Tony Mestrov, new CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's going to take time, as Mestrov said, however, we have a good foundation to build on and I expect we will win another premiership in the 2020's and be the only club to have done so every decade since the 70's.

The Blacktown idea I do not totally embrace, however, the concept was twofold:
1) It is a rich nursery or NRL talent, specificfally Pacifica players at the junior level, whereas similar talent on the Northern Beaches has waned, as fewer kikds are playing NRL and, we have seen success from that in our juniors through this concept, however, maybe not so much in 2022
2) It saved the club a heap of money, as Blacktown Workers Club Group heavily invests in the team and its facilities and, this is probably why Scott Penn bought in on the concept

If you look at our current Top 30 squad, there are only five local juniors (3 x Trbojevic, Parker and Zac Fulton), whereas in the 80's and 90's, over half the squad would have been local juniors, born and bred on the Northern Beaches. Sure, quite a few have played for the club since Harold Matts, however, they have been recruited from outside the area.

This is the big challenge for Mestrov, as he has to stimulate interest and participation in the junior playing ranks, so more local talent eventually comes through into the top squad.

Sure, we have to look outside 'the box' and nurture some talent from Western Sydney, where Penrith and Parramatta and, somewhat Wests, have a massive nursery of talent and then you also include the QLD regions, which is what Melbourne does.

Whereas the 'pott' used to be significant on the Northern Beaches and for some other clubs, it's now shrinking for clubs like Manly, Cronulla, Roosters and Souths and unfortunately, most talent has to sourced elsewhere.

The NRL also has a huge role to play in this, as the rise of Pacifica players in junior rugby league is turning some mothers off their sons playing RL against boys significantly larger, with the fear of injury. Weight divisions are always good and I think the NRL has embraced that in some way, but needs to do more.
I see another Manly junior is about to make his NRL debut for…the Dishlickers - against Manly. Belrose junior, Jacob Preston, winner of the Neil Brooks lookalike contest:
BB17847D-AE59-45FC-94E7-693812120B70.png

0C6D30A6-E1E9-46E6-B2D6-F730C5AF94DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Instead of hiring a multitude of CEOs, we should hire a short term consultant. Like this one below.

So far he has sacked Des and his entire coaching staff, hired siebold, sacked Kristie Fulton and Scott Fulton has left.

He has brought back tooves.

Hearing him at the MWDRLFC AGM last year I do have confidence he knows what he is doing.

He does not seem scared of change or making big plays.

This guy had better know what he is doing, seems like a bad move bringing issues to a head when we are sitting second on The ladder and rushing another implosion before the season is done.

We haven’t got enough good players to risk losing some more of our better ones.

I hate player managers, but you exhaust every option to keep the talent at the club.

Won’t win **** signing coaching staffs sons

If many posters on here were fish they would be caught very quickly because they always take the bait. What are the known facts.
1. Mestrov is refreshing the administration and direction of the club. He was hired because he was a mover and shaker in his previous job. Scott was always leaving after Kristy went.
2. The Schu got himself very fit during the off season but injury has intervened.
3. He did not look in good nick when he ran out again the Tigers and got injured again very quickly.
4. Yes he did get an increase in salary but no one on here or the press khow how much.
5. Seibs and DCE said things during interviews Re the Schu which they shouldn’t have said because then lend themselves to interpretation. Better off saying - he has been given time to get over his injury and nothing more. Keep the other stuff in house.
6. Turbo given an extra week to recover from a minor injury.
7. Our right side defence out wide which has been feabal was again exploited. Opposition coaches are always going to focus on a retreating back line.
8. The side on Saturday did not look fractured but they played themselves out of the game by not being able to score points early with a glut of possession and then making stupid errors and played without the football giving the Titans plenty of opportunity to exploit our defensive issues out wide. I heard Mark Carol talking about our poor defence out wide during commentary during a Workers game.

We know where all of the nonsense stories come from yet we take those stories seriously. IMO the comments from coach and captain were not wise nor of assistance.

So far he has sacked Des and his entire coaching staff, hired siebold, sacked Kristie Fulton and Scott Fulton has left.

He has brought back tooves.

Hearing him at the MWDRLFC AGM last year I do have confidence he knows what he is doing.

He does not seem scared of change or making big plays.
Only Penn left to go

If many posters on here were fish they would be caught very quickly because they always take the bait. What are the known facts.
1. Mestrov is refreshing the administration and direction of the club. He was hired because he was a mover and shaker in his previous job. Scott was always leaving after Kristy went.
2. The Schu got himself very fit during the off season but injury has intervened.
3. He did not look in good nick when he ran out again the Tigers and got injured again very quickly.
4. Yes he did get an increase in salary but no one on here or the press khow how much.
5. Seibs and DCE said things during interviews Re the Schu which they shouldn’t have said because then lend themselves to interpretation. Better off saying - he has been given time to get over his injury and nothing more. Keep the other stuff in house.
7. Our right side defence out wide which has been feabal was again exploited. Opposition coaches are always going to focus on a retreating back line.
8. The side on Saturday did not look fractured but they played themselves out of the game by not being able to score points early with a glut of possession and then making stupid errors and played without the football giving the Titans plenty of opportunity to exploit our defensive issues out wide. I heard Mark Carol talking about our poor defence out wide during commentary during a Workers game.

We know where all of the nonsense stories come from yet we take those stories seriously. IMO the comments from coach and captain were not wise nor of assistance.
Great points !!

Do we really think Penn gone will solve our on field performances ? If so, I'd like some explanation on how this would happen moving forward.
Nothing else that has occurred has worked, so how can you be so sure that it wont improve. The place has (and still is) been a basket case since he took control in 2014.

great summation TE ,tbh I didnt think what DCE or Siebs said was too bad ,but it has been absolutely transformed from a few BB-gun shots to a full on Nuke by the media and others .Kirsty Fulton has well and truly called a spade a spade and nailed the issues .
Anyways he is injured and needs to get fit which he will do .It was all so positive in offseason etc and now its gone 360 ,is that really possible because of a pesty quad/calf injury or is it a view cultivated by the media and maybe his manager.
We have nursed him here since he was 15 and he is contracted here until 2024 at least .Lets hope this manager doesn't have an unwarranted role in trying to use all this as some sort of reason to get him to try and break his contract.
I love it how after a loss to a team without all bar 2 of our regular backline (I am as upset as anyone at the loss) who have always made a habit of beating us no matter the odds and a player who surprise surprise at 21 needs some time, a few attitude adjustments and some maturity we are now in crisis ,split down the middle, being torn apart ,players fighting each other, still shrouded in a rainbow mist ,Scott Fulton to wreak havoc on roster ,and it goes on and on and on

great summation TE ,tbh I didnt think what DCE or Siebs said was too bad ,but it has been absolutely transformed from a few BB-gun shots to a full on Nuke by the media and others .Kirsty Fulton has well and truly called a spade a spade and nailed the issues .
Anyways he is injured and needs to get fit which he will do .It was all so positive in offseason etc and now its gone 360 ,is that really possible because of a pesty quad/calf injury or is it a view cultivated by the media and maybe his manager.
We have nursed him here since he was 15 and he is contracted here until 2024 at least .Lets hope this manager doesn't have an unwarranted role in trying to use all this as some sort of reason to get him to try and break his contract.
I love it how after a loss to a team without all bar 2 of our regular backline (I am as upset as anyone at the loss) who have always made a habit of beating us no matter the odds and a player who surprise surprise at 21 needs some time, a few attitude adjustments and some maturity we are now in crisis ,split down the middle, being torn apart ,players fighting each other, still shrouded in a rainbow mist ,Scott Fulton to wreak havoc on roster ,and it goes on and on and on
Agree entirely. But that's the social media world we live in now mate. Idiots propagating BS through various channels (this one included) and before you know it, things that are just plainly false are bandied about as FACT. It happens in every walk of life and Rugby League is just one of them - and actually, one of the worst. All we can hope is that calm heads in the club are telling the group (especially the younger ones) to focus on what goes on inside the '4 walls', ignore the 'noise' (bullSh1t) coming from outside and work hard to get our next win. Simple. And I'm fairly confident that would be happening.

He’ll only go when he wants nothing more to do with the club , so regardless of what you think, or anyone else thinks it’s really “ suck it up Princess”!!!
Just nice to wish that if another clean out is on, it is a full one. Where is Hugh Jackman when u need him :) :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2