Tonight's Meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And justice is seen to be done.
Thanks to everyone who voted, and those who care enough to nominate themselves. May this great club go from strength to strength.

tookey said:
What did 2v say about Hayne?

That he is now retired.
Also said he had the Refs at training last week and asked who their new boss was.
They didnt know amd asked why it was of interest?
2v said ' I want to know who I'll be yelling at next year ':p

Pity about Hayne. I was looking forward to giving him a gobfull at Brookie in 2014. I guess his work was done. Excellent result tonight and it will be interesting to listen to Hadley and Fulton discussing it next time their together on that god awful radio 'show'. Now all that's left is for Zorba to sit down quietly in the corner and give blessing that he won a premiership with the Mighty Manly, and desist from destabilising the great club that he played for (apart from Parra).

I've decided to put in a "rebel" ticket for next AGM. I am still waiting for Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher to get back to me though, because at the moment it seems that they are busy with other alliance based activities.

Dan said:
I've decided to put in a "rebel" ticket for next AGM. I am still waiting for Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher to get back to me though, because at the moment it seems that they are busy with other alliance based activities.

You been to a cafe mate?? Lol.

Seriously how about some photos of the Netherlands at Xmas time or even some of the local sites when you get a chance @dan

CAMBO said:
Dan said:

You been to a cafe mate?? Lol.

Seriously how about some photos of the Netherlands at Xmas time or even some of the local sites when you get a chance @dan

----> Facebook.

In all honesty though I haven't really been doing much site-seeing and whilst its xmas there has been no snow and the weather is quite mild so really not that much to see.

Chip and Chase said:
Close vote or landslide ?

It was big. Cliff top the poll . Reilly next. One vote behind cliffy. Then the rest of the board. Daylight before a RIVAL ticket member was posted.
Good work they deserve the support .

manlyfan76 said:
Thanks to everyone who voted, and those who care enough to nominate themselves.
This echoes my thoughts as I was driving down from Newcastle after work for the AGM. These were my thoughts (before the result);

1. I am simply a humble fan, not an ex-player or committee person. I think of all the enjoyment and entertainment I have received over many years from following our great teams. In fact it is far more than mere entertainment. For reasons still unclear to me, many fans become highly emotionally involved with the fortunes of the club, the team, and the players who wear the jersey from time to time. This makes it quite awkward when we see former greats lining up on opposite sides. Unlike some, I (and possibly many others?) find the attachment so strong that there isn't much they could do post-footy that I wouldn't forgive.

2. Fans are genuine stakeholders in the game. We make a financial commitment by attending games, etc, (and I reckon we sure get our money's worth following the mighty Sea Eagles.) But especially these days with the NRL pushing the concept of 'membership', the beauty of the district Football Club is that it gives simple fans like me the opportunity to be included in the most meaningful way of all – we get a vote, we get a voice. The FC will never have a majority vote on the Sea Eagles, but the ability of fans, ex-players, and their families to have a meaningful voice is important, because it reflects the fact we are more than just mere customers buying a product we are addicted to.

3. Lastly, I actually felt like thanking Max and his team (though I was always voting for the incumbents) because they had the courage to stand up and be counted for what they believe is best for the Sea Eagles – even though to many outsiders their action was portrayed as another example of Manly turmoil. They stood up for what they think is right, and who can ask more than that? It is thanks to the continued existence of the FC that mere mortals, who could never themselves be major shareholders, can nevertheless have a voice within Sea Eagles, via a democratic process. Of course, the irony in this case is that, by standing up for their own beliefs, the Your Team group proved conclusively that sometimes harmony cannot be the most important goal.

Anyhow, now the result is in, hearty congrats go to vidmar, Cliffy & co. I couldn't stay until the end, so I sure hope the tone of the aftermath was generally conciliatory... Interesting times ahead, no doubt.

Dan said:

If you can get chewbacca on board then you've got my vote.

Chip and Chase said:
Close vote or landslide ?

Won by 25%, so I think that would confirm the choice of the Members as a whitewash.
199 votes in total.

Alan Thomson got 107, he was their best.

Our worst was 153! Don't know who it was for sure in the excitement but I think Jonesy.

Something official will be released by Unsworth soon.

Chip and Chase said:
Dan said:

If you can get chewbacca on board then you've got my vote.

Chewbacca would have a bit to learn. He is still a Wookiee.

It's good to see a contested election, long may it continue. That's the only way we'll keep improving this great club.

The Wheel said:
Voting underway great reports from tooves perry and sibraa.

No free sangas by the look of things. For that the committee needs to be voted out. Probably 20 mins from an outcome

Tooves said he hopes both King and Fa'aoso could be ready for round 1. He is not too fussed about the 9's as they haven't even worked out the rules yet!

Perry is forecasting an even bigger profit for next year, maybe $200,000, and also said the juniors are going well.

I was looking for sangas too :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6