Tonight is the night the premiership window opened.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd be steering clear of Curtis Scott. Too many issues. He was released by Melbourne and now has been sacked by Canberra. He's not that good that we need to take him on as a project.
He'd be on his last chance.. if he took a minimum contract I think it could be worth a gamble. I don't think we have the cash not to target a value buy. Especially a premiership winning centre. No matter the reason

He'd be on his last chance.. if he took a minimum contract I think it could be worth a gamble. I don't think we have the cash not to target a value buy. Especially a premiership winning centre. No matter the reason
He’s still a potentially good centre, but he’s not the messiah. Yeah he “won” a premiership but just happened to be in the star-studded Melbourne team.

Not writing him off, but not throwing the bank at him either. Does he want to succeed and toe the line? Surely Des can do at least a suli resurrection on him for a fraction of the contract price of suli.

He’s still a potentially good centre, but he’s not the messiah. Yeah he “won” a premiership but just happened to be in the star-studded Melbourne team.

Not writing him off, but not throwing the bank at him either. Does he want to succeed and toe the line? Surely Des can do at least a suli resurrection on him for a fraction of the contract price of suli.
Yeah that's what I mean, send him a lifeline on the cheap. Make him work for his resurrection. And if he wants it he will earn it. Could be a masterstroke if not we still have Harper or Parker

Can’t believe that people think Curtis Scott is the answer. He will always be a bottom 8 team centre.

Burbo will be better than bradman best. Best was wurst for those last few games I watched. Caught out worse than suli multiple times.
Christian Tui and Koula are the ones we should develop for the future of the club. Both possess that strike we so badly need in our centres case. And Koula would be a perfect fit for covering for Tom when he has origin duties. Don't like the whole reshuffling of 3 or 4 players to accommodate Garrick when we can just make like for like switches.

The thing about this club in history, is when we have gone through the rebuild and changing stage and back into a premiership window, we actually take FULL advantage and play in grand finals and win comps. 05-14 our last biggest premiership window era, then through the 90s, only picked up one but a premiership is a premiership. Imagine teams like Parra who have had their window open time and time again for the last 36 years but can't make up for it and enter the promised lands. Our club is historic for winning comps when we in an era of making finals every year, and we will take full advantage of this next premiership window, I'm certain of it.

Last edited:
Jackson Ferris, been unlucky with injuries last two seasons, unsigned by the Sharks as yet.

Showed some real good promise coming through the grades there,

Des has a plan to use to our best advantage the players we have, both in the current squad and coming through. He knows this year was not a real shot at it and will be weaving what we have, plus select additions, into what he deems to provide an NRL dynasty. Foran wasn't here to just play 6, he is here to help manifest his vision. Next year will be building more toward that than a culmination of his plan. '23 and '24.

I'd be steering clear of Curtis Scott. Too many issues. He was released by Melbourne and now has been sacked by Canberra. He's not that good that we need to take him on as a project.
He has not conquered his demons (alcoholic) and from his interview from a few weeks back he probably hasn't come to terms with it and is still lying to himself it would seem.

The thing about this club in history, is when we have gone through the rebuild and changing stage and back into a premiership window, we actually take FULL advantage and play in grand finals and win comps. 05-14 our last biggest premiership window era, then through the 90s, only picked up one but a premiership is a premiership. Imagine teams like Parra who have had their window open time and time again for the last 36 years but can't make up for it and enter the promised lands. Our club is historic for winning comps when we in an era of making finals every year, and we will take full advantage of this next premiership window, I'm certain of it.
Good point. The only time I think Manly didn't manage that was in the early 80s, when we had a gun side that made Grand finals and won minor premiership but but didn't actually win a GF. Of course we soon rebuilt and achieved the ultimate success with a completely new side*.

*Fatty was the only survivor from the 82 side who was still there in 87. It is significant that since our first win in 1972, I think all our successful eras are linked by at least one player overlapping from an earlier era. The great Beaver spanned our longest 'drought', 1996 to 2008.

Some things that may mean something or nothing.

Last time Manly lost a final (1975), Manly won grand finals in two of the next three seasons (1976 & 78).

And before that, a defeat in 1971 final (St G 15-12) was followed up by premierships in 1972 & 73.

This 2021 series for Manly under a Des revival could be seen to be Manly on the same path as after the Northern Eagles debacle. Made it back to the play offs in 2005 (lost to Parra 46-22) and 2006 (lost to Newc 25-18 & Dragons 28-0), before launching into the stellar 2007 to 2014 era.

Good point. The only time I think Manly didn't manage that was in the early 80s, when we had a gun side that made Grand finals and won minor premiership but but didn't actually win a GF. Of course we soon rebuilt and achieved the ultimate success with a completely new side*.

*Fatty was the only survivor from the 82 side who was still there in 87. It is significant that since our first win in 1972, I think all our successful eras are linked by at least one player overlapping from an earlier era. The great Beaver spanned our longest 'drought', 1996 to 2008.

The great Stewie Davis was at Manly in the 1982 season, playing 17 games but wasn't in the finals (injured?). He was in the 1987 team. Also in 1981 Manly team, including the SCG brawl game vs Newtown.

Also Chris Close was still at Manly in 1987. Played a great game vs Dogs during the Origin period.

Stewie, Choppy & Martin Meredith all in the Dogs win.

Last edited:
While centres have some work. I think what we are still lacking is that leader in the middle. We need someone like Kennedy did for us in the 2000s. Sets the tone and aggression in offense and defense with 100% effort. That being said, I don't think there is many about.

When needing a big effort in defense, the "big hit" to inspire your team, I can't really think of anyone in our current team that is that person.

That late 2000s team had a number of people who could do it.

Or even the reverse, the person who will take the big hit up to start momentum when we are under pressure. Will take 2-3 hit ups that set and put the pressure on the defence.

Again, we had multiple people when last successful. We need that 1 signing to show the pack how it's done and what is expected of th to win.

That's why I am not sold on woods, he was never really that guy. I would rather chase someone like AFifita or a Burgess. Under des with his fitness expectations, I could see it working.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4