Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He actually had a solid game.
Was fairly aggressive in what he did and the attack down his side can't be blamed on him,the inside players caused the outnumbering.
Looks like he will be a bit of a similar quality of player to Harper with maybe a bit more attacking ability,might not go looking for the ball as much as Harper.

He actually had a solid game.
Was fairly aggressive in what he did and the attack down his side can't be blamed on him,the inside players caused the outnumbering.
Looks like he will be a bit of a similar quality of player to Harper with maybe a bit more attacking ability,might not go looking for the ball as much as Harper.

Another power, rather than pace player, like Vaega, Parker, Tuipulotu....you can only carry possibly one of those in a starting 1-5, or you're already going to get out paced out wide these days.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
I can't imagine him being a regular in our 17 unless we have a long term injury in the backs.

Turbo
Saab
Garrick
Koula
Paulo/Tuipolotu

Will be about as close to full strength as our backline gets. Possibly Parker for Tuipolotu/Paulo.

Edit: added Saab

Last edited:
I don't see Paulo as a certain starter atm. I think Parker, Paulo, Talau and Tuipulotu are in a 4 way shootout for one backline spot. One to one of them to grab it in pre season.
If Parker has any more lapses of form at the centre position over a certain period of time, then I cant justify him getting another run at the same position, and is better utilised elsewhere.

If Parker has any more lapses of form at the centre position over a certain period of time, then I cant justify him getting another run at the same position, and is better utilised elsewhere.
Parker is the low downside reliable encumbent pick. One of the other options will have to really impress in preseason/trials to beat him out for the starting spot.

I'm hopeful that is Paulo on the wing and Garrick moves to centre.

Parker is the low downside reliable encumbent pick. One of the other options will have to really impress in preseason/trials to beat him out for the starting spot.

I'm hopeful that is Paulo on the wing and Garrick moves to centre.
Yeah I'm hoping Paulo can impress and seize that position.

Benefit of that is it allows us to play Koula on the left where he can get more space.

Both Tuipolotu and Paulo would be liabilities. Back up players for injury. Would be reluctant to move Garrick off the wing initially as he is such a good player in that position. Speed, good under the high ball and great finisher. Also great with kick returns.

I would personally want to see what Talau can do in the centres.

I think vaega offers more than tuipolotu to be honest.
Have to agree, the strange part is there were several NRL clubs chasing Tuipolotu when the Roosters signed him from NZ as a potential "Sheck" or "DWZ" type player, but falls well short and his speed is pretty ordinary too.
Would have to say Vaega is a ball of energy and definitely a better option, though have a feel we will see Garrick in the centres with trials and off season dictating that other wing spot.

Both Tuipolotu and Paulo would be liabilities. Back up players for injury. Would be reluctant to move Garrick off the wing initially as he is such a good player in that position. Speed, good under the high ball and great finisher. Also great with kick returns.

I would personally want to see what Talau can do in the centres.
The way I see it, it's a 4 way shoot out for either the wing spot or centre position. Parker gets first dibs on centres for mine. And agree about Garrick on the wing, he's such a good finisher but wont be upset if he plays wing tho.

The way I see it, it's a 4 way shoot out for either the wing spot or centre position. Parker gets first dibs on centres for mine. And agree about Garrick on the wing, he's such a good finisher but wont be upset if he plays wing tho.
should be ..plays centre.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8