Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Need to try make a play to get Talau in early especially if Parker's injury is as bad as it sounds. Was impressed with Talau actually, in only 16 minutes he ran for 76 metres and had 4 tackle breaks, 3 for 3 in tackles as well. He definitely ain't no scrub. Surely the plan is to get him in early, I mean Tigers have 3 players over the 30 man maximum and we still have one spot left, and June 1 is coming up, so it has to be the move.

Need to get on the blower to the tigers this morning and make this move happen now. With Parker and Tom likely out we are even more stuffed in the centres.

If we can't get Talau early, I won't be too mad. This week we should have Tui ready to fill in at centre, and that'd be good for him, not on the wing facing the high ball and simplifies his defensive work as well. And then the week after we should have Koula back, Vaega off suspension, and Myers available to be picked after round 10. So our centre stocks aren't as dire as we think they are.

If we can't get Talau early, I won't be too mad. This week we should have Tui ready to fill in at centre, and that'd be good for him, not on the wing facing the high ball and simplifies his defensive work as well. And then the week after we should have Koula back, Vaega off suspension, and Myers available to be picked after round 10. So our centre stocks aren't as dire as we think they are.

Pretty sure if Tui is back he will go to wing.
Garrick to centre - after all, he is getting paid centre $$.

Harper was one of our better players today; Parker is more of a liability, and Woods and Keppie should both be in reserve grade.
Croker is great in defence but does nothing in attack. API showed what we have been missing in a 9.

Dont worry about Croker too much, have a look at the big flops that were off season hooker purchases.

1 Reed Mahoney - is going like a busted,over plays his hand every time. The Kennel hate him.

2 The Cheese - has already claimed the scalp of Walker when its clear his service from dummy half is so far below par it isnt funny.

3 Verrells - could be gone for season with collar bone injury. Tough luck I like this guy.

4 Api - playing better the last two weeks but seriously wasnt having a go for the first few rounds.

Id say we dodged 4 bullets there.

Last edited:
Koula is centre number 1 are we all in agreement.

Good cause AGREEANCE isn't a ****ing word!

Parker at present is doing okay but Sheesh he could be a lot quicker and agile. Reads the game well and us tough.

Garrick needs to show his wares plenty writing him off without a showing at centre to base it in and to be fair injury hasn't allowed the luxury of giving him a spin there with the way tuipolotu has defended.

Harper will do me as a third string stop gap, I liked having Brad Abbey in reserves waiting for after round ten allotments of substitutes but whatever, likewise with GCKT no need to waste a top 30 spot when allowances will open up later in the season naturally.

Talau is good astute purchase after the injuries he has had allow for a bargain buy. Solid defensively evasive ability will come back with confidence after those injuries.

Tui is a centre before a winger I feel, but the big bonus is how well Saab has been going, he has been so tough and to have genuine strike there is a bonus for whoever plays at centre so with Garrick and Saab and Koula and (tui talau parker) things will be good to great.

Hey guess what doomscrollers look at the ladder. We are second with all these injuries and upheaval.

I’d prefer we chased the tigers winger Jnr Toupou. He looks like a real talent. Big, fast and great footwork. Didn’t get many opportunities against us yesterday but I watched a game a little while back (maybe their Parra game) and he looks like a gun. Don’t know what his contract situation is like but I bet we’d get him cheaper than Talau.

Koula is centre number 1 are we all in agreement.

Good cause AGREEANCE isn't a ****ing word!

Parker at present is doing okay but Sheesh he could be a lot quicker and agile. Reads the game well and us tough.

Garrick needs to show his wares plenty writing him off without a showing at centre to base it in and to be fair injury hasn't allowed the luxury of giving him a spin there with the way tuipolotu has defended.

Harper will do me as a third string stop gap, I liked having Brad Abbey in reserves waiting for after round ten allotments of substitutes but whatever, likewise with GCKT no need to waste a top 30 spot when allowances will open up later in the season naturally.

Talau is good astute purchase after the injuries he has had allow for a bargain buy. Solid defensively evasive ability will come back with confidence after those injuries.

Tui is a centre before a winger I feel, but the big bonus is how well Saab has been going, he has been so tough and to have genuine strike there is a bonus for whoever plays at centre so with Garrick and Saab and Koula and (tui talau parker) things will be good to great.

Hey guess what doomscrollers look at the ladder. We are second with all these injuries and upheaval.
Reading the
Tigers forums - most opinions are that Talau is SLOW and unmotivated. They're not sorry to see him go!

Reading the
Tigers forums - most opinions are that Talau is SLOW and unmotivated. They're not sorry to see him go!
Not sure I’d put too much credence into opinions on the Tigers fan forum.I know a fan forum where the pundits want the teams best halfback moved to hooker,arguably the best fullback in the comp,when fully fit,moved to the centres because apparently it’ll save him from getting injured and it accommodates a young player that hasn’t proven anything,yet is lauded as if he’s the next Bob Fulton

Made one strong tackle - otherwise nondescript - as per usual.
Harper was on the outside of Haumole who appeared to be 3/4 tackled but he made the effort to run to the inside knowing the big guy can get an offload - which happened, and then he expertly positioned Saab and it ended up being a crucial try for Manly. Also set up a big line break with a late offload. Tackled and did everything with serious intent. He was pretty good yesterday, is not nearly as bad as some here make him out to be. Has a bit of mongrel about him. Won't keep Koula out but will stay in the team if Parker's knee is bad.

Last edited:
Yeah there's a bit of 'sellers get the hell out of here you were never no good anyway' that probably goes along with that.

Only serious teams have proper reserve grade sides and Talau hasn't had much of a chance to play himself back into confidence.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8