Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Teddy has no doubts about Turbo making a successful Origin return

Bugger Teddy.
I was watching Willie Mason's podcast, he's of the belief that Australia has some of the best physios around and there's no need for Turbo to go to the US. He also reckons that Turbo should take a month off to get himself right. I agree with him.

It is mental and not in a disparaging way. There is no use sugar coating it.

Multiple injuries followed by Bill Knowles redesigning turbo from the ground up will result in confusion and an unstable mental position any day of the week. Especially when stuff just isn't working.

Things he used to just do are now a struggle. It will be either sink or swim time soon where he will either come out the other end the superstar we all know he is or continue to be just a solid NRL fullback.

Funny thing is his numbers still put him in the top 10 NRL fullbacks its just that we and he knows what hes capable of.

Think about it. It happens in all sports to all sorts of animals. Why would a human be any different.

I don't think Woods was being a dick by saying it.

Another thing notably missing from Tom’s arsenal this season is how he used to roam from sideline to sideline in defence & cover so much ground & was always there to pull off a try saving tackle when the opposition created overlaps.

Wasn’t he covering several kms a game due to this?

Another thing notably missing from Tom’s arsenal this season is how he used to roam from sideline to sideline in defence & cover so much ground & was always there to pull off a try saving tackle when the opposition created overlaps.

Yep. I think his defensive problems are way worse than his attack.

He's saving himself and it's a position where that absolutely cannot happen.

So
1 Teddy
2 Crichton. Turbo?
3 Mitchell
4 Graham. Turbo?
5 To’o. Turbo?

No Turbo for mine, it’s to much of a gamble, not for Tom, for the blues. That’s a pretty strong back 5 and on form Tom shouldn’t displace any of them, sept say he has a blinder on Sunday and we roll the Sharkies off the back of his game, that will add some pressure to the process.
If Tommy hits the switch and has a circa 2021 type game, that'll be enough convincing for Freddy and co. They'll be drooling over the Turbo highlights reel straight after the game. We can dream.. right.

I think he is going great guns considering the injuries he’s had and he has not consistently played since late 2021 as he as injured with that knee and then shoulder last year.

If he takes his time and doesn’t re injure anything he will be booming late in the season.

Snake took a while to get back to his best after back to back years out with his knees.

There is just four times the media scrutiny now compared to 10 to 12 years ago.

There was an article on WWOS from Billy Slater saying the real crime is his teammates failure to support him. Ten errors in the first half last week when you get around 20 sets a half was criminal. Fingers should be pointed elsewhere.
Maybe someone can find and link?

There was an article on WWOS from Billy Slater saying the real crime is his teammates failure to support him. Ten errors in the first half last week when you get around 20 sets a half was criminal. Fingers should be pointed elsewhere.
I hate it when I'm forced to agree with Billy "Studs First" Slater. But yeah, Tom not being at top form is the least of our problems. He's also making his share of errors, but maybe he wouldn't have to push everything if he wasn't our sole attacking weapon.

I hate it when I'm forced to agree with Billy "Studs First" Slater. But yeah, Tom not being at top form is the least of our problems. He's also making his share of errors, but maybe he wouldn't have to push everything if he wasn't our sole attacking weapon.
I forgave him for the studs first stuff when he cradled Wolfman until the medical people arrived when he had that neck issue.

The crime bit may be true, but Slats is a sly dog and a smart operator, he’ll be hoping like no tomorrow the blues pick him, pumping up Tommy’s tyres, gaslighting Fitler & co.

Why on earth are we playing Tommy at fullback at the moment. He has little confidence in his body and does provide a last line of defence. He needs to be in traffic.

Yep, that inability to get across to take Cobbo last game was very telling.

The crime bit may be true, but Slats is a sly dog and a smart operator, he’ll be hoping like no tomorrow the blues pick him, pumping up Tommy’s tyres, gaslighting Fitler & co.
That's funny - you could very well be right.

I think Tom needs another offseason to get himself right. I would be pulling the pin on his season by round 20 at the very latest if I was coach. No point risking another serious injury even if we do somehow miraculously manage to scrape into the 8. We will only be making up the numbers this year with this current squad.

I noticed this big time at magic round from my seat in row 1 behind the posts. The Tom of old always seemed to be in position to defend the edges and kicks.
Watching him live he just didn't have the juice to get there. Looked gassed and just didn't bother.

On a completely left feild thought. When did turbo have his covid? Wasn't it the beginning of 22 in the off season when it went thru our side? It's a proven fact that Long Covid is a legitimate illness and can effect the most random of people.

I have a mate who has been absolutely destroyed by it and he's still struggling 18 months after having it. He just doesn't have the endurance he once did and fatigue comes on really quick where as once he was a 40yo machine....

Sound familiar?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8