Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tommy Turbo is definitely work in progress. He is still a long way off from reaching the heights of 2021. The reality is it's doubtful he will ever reach that level again. This is simply based on the fact that the game itself has changed substantially since that season. However, he is still an elite NRL fullback, and I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the comp.

There is some merit in him going up the middle on tackle 5, but ffs not every set of 6. Can he join the backline instead on tackle 5 occasionally?? Please
We need a hard-running, ball-playing lock with good leg speed to take the pressure off our halves and prevent Turbo from jumping into those plays too often. Aloiai is not that player. Lawton has those attributes, and is a good defender as well.

We need a hard-running, ball-playing lock with good leg speed to take the pressure off our halves and prevent Turbo from jumping into those plays too often. Aloiai is not that player. Lawton has those attributes, and is a good defender as well.

Try Burbo or Parker. Both have some speed, are tough, good defenders and take the line on. They both look like perfect locks to me.

Try Burbo or Parker. Both have some speed, are tough, good defenders and take the line on. They both look like perfect locks to me.
Agreed @Bearfax However, I think we need a mobile, ballplaying lock to balance out our pack, and neither Burbo or Parker have the ability to fulfil that role. Having that extra ball-playing option in the middle will take pressure off the halves, and also push Turbo to the edges more often.

Are they just making all that claptrap up? I've heard Tom just can't run any more so we're using him as a battering ram.
:giggle:
Haha! It certainly looks at it from a different perspective to that of most of us. Me included, I have seen Tom's output a little lower than expected, however when you read the article which clearly has put the microscope on his game, may be it isn't as bad as we think.

Agree Burbo could get a good lock in the future

As for Parker he often gets smashed in the backs so ive got a fair idea what would happen in the middle.

Really good article for those questioning his form and output.

Elements of Darren Lockyer and how his game changed, eventually filling in at 5/8. He was also an outstanding attacking player. I feel Turbo would avoid some of the type of injuries he experiences if he played centre and Weekes was made full back. Imagine a backline: Weekes, Saab, Turbo, Koula, Garrick, Schuster, DCE. Sheer speed and talent across the park.

Regardless of whether there has been a deliberate change of style .. (and why would you want to change the style of the most potent footballer in the comp) ... or it is just Tom adjusting to his new running regime ....the issue is .. has he been as influential in winning games as he usually is ...

I think he has still been influential ... but he has been far from the destructive force we are used to ...

Tommy was pathetic tonight. Made to look slow and unprepared to put his body on the line.

That last minute try by Clearly summed up Turbos lack of effort. Unlike the Rif fullback who always puts in effort on effort and puts his body on the line at probably less than half Turbos salary.

The trip to the USA so far has been an epic fail and you could say detrimental to Tommy's career.

Have said it the past few weeks. He’s a shadow of his old self. Maybe made one run with purpose tonight. Defensively he’s been all at see since rd 1 imo

Tommy was pathetic tonight. Made to look slow and unprepared to put his body on the line.

That last minute try by Clearly summed up Turbos lack of effort. Unlike the Rif fullback who always puts in effort on effort and puts his body on the line at probably less than half Turbos salary.

The trip to the USA so far has been an epic fail and you could say detrimental to Tommy's career.

He is completely ****ed in the head

I agree. He’s either still injured or something is in his head. Tonight he was pathetic in defence. Attack too but defence was nonexistent. Literally touch footy stuff.

They mentioned in the coverage he had a hip/lower back issue.

Sounds like it happened before the game though as they said he was talking with the medical staff before the match.

They mentioned in the coverage he had a hip/lower back issue.

Sounds like it happened before the game though as they said he was talking with the medical staff before the match.
My diagnosis is it's a flow-on from changing his running gait, the rest of his body hasn't caught up. Certainly he didn't look free in his movements, had a poor game really.
Probably if we had more players he wouldn't have played. Maybe shouldn't have.

My diagnosis is a little bit of concrete. But that is also after watching the team I love get mauled for 80 minutes. In all honesty something hasn’t been right this season, the one thing I always marvelled at was the way Turbo could return from an injury. If he isn’t right don’t play him, tbh I’d rather him out for a stint if It means he can return to top tier form. Hoping he can sort it out more his has sake but also ours.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2