Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disappointing that PP made those comments. What happened to the sensible rule of not saying everything you may think especially to the media. I suspect he just wants to read his own name in the news regardless of how it affects others. Tommy is a special player and a great ambassador for the club. So glad PP is not running the club.

Why is he referred to as Zorba? Wanka, Fu<kwit, Fat <unt, Idiot make more sense? Is it because he takes it up the ar$e? Bleeds Moron not Maroon & White! Pi$$ off & leave Manly alone....you're a legend in your own mind not Manly's! I better stop!

I dont know any wanka fckwit that has the honor and the glory to be for ever written in our Legendary clubs history books as grand final winner

All our Grand final winning players are Manly legends

The 1973 Grand final was the most brutal Grand final win of all
and every Manly jersey on that day was filled with sweat Blood Guts and Glory
1973-manly-gf-team-1-1.png

Zorba has nothing to do with manly anymore.

This is the just the Tele looking for a headline.
Don’t be so sure.

He would obviously still talk to Penn. This could be an asymmetric dig at Trbillibs (the Turbo/David Williams/Johnny Gibbs x-connection) to put him on notice.

Penn said recently that Tom could play for another ten years.

Penn also told the world that Bill Pullman (aka Des Hasler - if you’ve watched Bill in ‘The Sinner’ on Netflix - you will get it) could coach Manly for as long as he wants. Des was gone within about 7-8 weeks.

I agree with Peters on this, up to a point. I would not like to see Turbo go, then perhaps watch him start afresh elsewhere - with little to no injury issues - otherwise known as the ‘Gutherson Effect’.

But nor do I want Manly carrying a player for years on end, on a very big salary, for little effect.

That’s the ‘Kosef Effect’ writ large.

Don’t be so sure.

He would obviously still talk to Penn. This could be an asymmetric dig at Trbillibs (the Turbo/David Williams/Johnny Gibbs x-connection) to put him on notice.

Penn said recently that Tom could play for another ten years.

Penn also told the world that Bill Pullman (aka Des Hasler - if you’ve watched Bill in ‘The Sinner’ on Netflix - you will get it) could coach Manly for as long as he wants. Des was gone within about 7-8 weeks.
The Harry Ambrose comparison is spot on.

Hammy must be recovering all right if Turbo is able to be doing some fairly agile movements there . Be interesting just what type of variation in treatment is on offer in the states , as opposed to those apparent specialized treatment measures at that Melbourne injury or recovery operation . Just not his hammys to try and improve of course , not quite an all or nothing venture but not too far off it in terms off trying to get him less injury prone .

Hammy must be recovering all right if Turbo is able to be doing some fairly agile movements there . Be interesting just what type of variation in treatment is on offer in the states , as opposed to those apparent specialized treatment measures at that Melbourne injury or recovery operation . Just not his hammys to try and improve of course , not quite an all or nothing venture but not too far off it in terms off trying to get him less injury prone .
Have looked at knowles and his ideas a little and it seems like he hardly looks at the hamstrings at all. It's everything around it and most importantly the athletes themselves as a whole.

In the latrell stories he said he wanted to get him to forget about 'latrell the NRL player' and find Latrell the athlete.

Last edited:
Have looked at knowles and his ideas a little and it seems like he hardly looks at the hamstrings at all. It's everything around it and most importantly the athletes themselves as a whole.

In the latrell stories he said he wanted to get him to forget about 'latrell the NRL player' and find Latrell the athlete.

Yep hammy problems are as a result of an imbalance somewhere. More than likely the back.

Confidence is everything for an athlete.

If you are worried about being injured, it will hamper your performance, and actually most likely, increase the likelihood of injury.

Knowles seems to have a great philosophy about getting your body right as an athlete, being confident in your own body, and everything else will then look after itself.

I recall seeing Turbo doing these ridiculous stretching exercises and just thinking ‘WTF!’. However, if it works for you, then it works, but maybe not.

A great friend of mine was the Australian 200m athletics champion back in the 80’s, and was constantly tearing his hamstrings. The quacks eventually found it was all to do with his hip alignment. I’m not sure of all the details, however, he just gave it up anyway, and is now a top Tax Lawyer, and a fanatical Sea Eagles fan (he used to support the Bulldogs, however, I converted him).

I only mention my mate’s issues, as it sounds similar to what I’ve heard about Turbo’s injury being related to his hips.

Turbo’s main issue, in my opinion, is that he involves himself in so much of the play and is being hit by 120kg forwards, to which a recent former first grade player, and friend, described to me as, ‘running full pelt into a refrigerator’.

Turbo’s main issue, in my opinion, is that he involves himself in so much of the play and is being hit by 120kg forwards, to which a recent former first grade player, and friend, described to me as, ‘running full pelt into a refrigerator’.

In the past, he is seemingly the only player who could/would take the 4th tackle hit up, find his front, and get a super quick PTB.

This issue should be fixed by the other 12 blokes on the field, or by hopefully different coaching of this tactic on most sets.

It will be interesting to hear Knowles' opinion of Turbo as an athlete, considering he highly praised Mitchell. His small sample of NRL clients has been absolutely top tier. They all are fullbacks, but with different physical attributes and playing styles.

IMO, Mitchell is possibly the most naturally talented player in the NRL - strength, pace & footwork; great passing & support game; an excellent goal kicker with the bonus of being able to kick long range field goals & punts (his mental attitude is a problem).

Papenhuyzen is lightning quick off the mark, is a great support player, has an excellent passing game & is a very accurate goal & field goal kicker.

Turbo has similar attributes to Mitchell, but his height makes him more potent in the air. He doesn't have the kicking skills of the other two, but probably has superior passing skills and the best footie IQ. With his all round game & work rate, he has thus far been able to completely dominate oppositions more often.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4