Tommy-should we give him the rest of the season off?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Flicking through Kayo tonight and watching the highlights from those games where we had Tom playing earlier this year against the Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos and Raiders - he really is a freak of a player.

If he’s fit I want to see him when available, just to watch him produce the magic you know he can and will give us.

Personally, I didn’t stop physicality developing until I was about 23-24
I'm still doing it

3155619d4d596711dcd46e9366152a2b.jpg

If it's ACL injuries he's having, I'd be more worried, but with hammy's, they're not going to take 6-9 months to recover from so get him out there once fit. It's not like he'll miss the start of next season if he goes down again.
Knowing poor Toms run of injuries, the acl will prob occur next year.

Season's gone. Cant see Manly making the finals, four points shy of 8th and with a dreadful point differential. Only six games left and two of those are against the Rabbits and Storm. Turbo wont be back in time for those. My feeling is give the youngsters a go in preparation for 2021. Delaying them further is a waste of experience, and when next year starts we'll still be in the same predicament in that they wont have played in the Reggies. And even then we cant be sure the Reggies will start next year. A fresh Turbo and Walker, maybe Fainu and we start the year off on the right foot.
This threads one week early. It all hinges on the Souths game this week. We win and sharks lose (v Penrith which they should) and it’s game on with us 2pts out of the 8 and plenty of time for sharks and Souths to slide. We lose it’s time to put Tom on ice And blood some youth in Hoppa and schuster.

Hi all ( out of the Bush for a few days ), missed the game Sunday as we were on the road but have seen a highlights package on Sat TV.

Bad luck about Elliott , no superstar but a good fill in.

Personally I can’t see us getting to the finals so it’s an ideal opportunity to rest Tommy and bring in young Hoppa.

A big test for the young fella ( and could be a disaster ) but if he’s good enough he can’t be worse than Elliott.

My vote , rest Tom bring back Hoppa

Hi all ( out of the Bush for a few days ), missed the game Sunday as we were on the road but have seen a highlights package on Sat TV.

Bad luck about Elliott , no superstar but a good fill in.

Personally I can’t see us getting to the finals so it’s an ideal opportunity to rest Tommy and bring in young Hoppa.

A big test for the young fella ( and could be a disaster ) but if he’s good enough he can’t be worse than Elliott.

My vote , rest Tom bring back Hoppa
Hi, Mark . Welcome back feathered friend and hope you are enjoying life out and about
Its a shame you missed our game last week that we were unlucky not to win
It was another gutsy backs to the wall performance and we fought gallantly right to the end.
If we display that attitude I can see us winning the games required to make the finals and compete especially when we get some players back from Injury
IMO resting a player does not make them physically or mentally stronger
As long as the injury has healed further rest has no benefit
Also when an athlete stops performing it does not enhance their ability
The Moral of the Tom story ....
Use it or Lose it
slide1-n.jpg

Hi, Mark . Welcome back feathered friend and hope you are enjoying life out and about
Its a shame you missed our game last week that we were unlucky not to win
It was another gutsy backs to the wall performance and we fought gallantly right to the end.
If we display that attitude I can see us winning the games required to make the finals and compete especially when we get some players back from Injury
IMO resting a player does not make them physically or mentally stronger
As long as the injury has healed further rest has no benefit
Also when an athlete stops performing it does not enhance their ability
The Moral of the Tom story ....
Use it or Lose it
View attachment 15172

If Manly had a serious chance of the finals, I would agree with you. Maybe the next two games will tell us that. If we lose, there is no value in taking the risk. I suspect he wont be back, but if he is it will probably only be the last 2 games. Too much a risk for such a small return.

I haven't, enlighten us please mate.
You just can not rush them. What is that like 4 tears in 2 years for him now? What is to be gained by bringing him back into a season that is lost. Just say he injures it again and misses the off season. Better off just to rest him for the next 6 months and hope to god it doesn't happen again next year. Because once torn, never the same.

You just can not rush them. What is that like 4 tears in 2 years for him now? What is to be gained by bringing him back into a season that is lost. Just say he injures it again and misses the off season. Better off just to rest him for the next 6 months and hope to god it doesn't happen again next year. Because once torn, never the same.
By "never the same" do you mean weaker or restriction from scar tissue or?. This is 3 or 4 tears now on 2 or 3 different muscles.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6