Tommy on the fifth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Can someone please explain to me the logic of Tommy getting the ball for pretty much every fifth tackle. It happens so often it's become much the default option. And nothing ever comes of it. Even my football luke warm partner now preempts it with, 'oh look, it'd the fifth' they'll give it to Tommy'. Please Mr Seibs, if she can work it out I'm pretty sure the opposition are expecting it. Ta

Can someone please explain to me the logic of Tommy getting the ball for pretty much every fifth tackle. It happens so often it's become much the default option. And nothing ever comes of it. Even my football luke warm partner now preempts it with, 'oh look, it'd the fifth' they'll give it to Tommy'. Please Mr Seibs, if she can work it out I'm pretty sure the opposition are expecting it. Ta
Quick play the ball for the kicker is the strategy, effective a huge percentage of the time.

It's all part of Tommy's training. Being tackled 5th tackle means he has no chance of doing his hammys contesting a try on a kick on 6th tackle.

Good tactic in theory, pity there wasn’t many good kicks!

Tom was way off tonight, ran with little purpose, passed without engaging defenders in anyway. Wasterd many tackles
On nothing plays

He looked at about 70% and didn’t grab that game by the scruff like he should’ve
I put the captain on him, cursed him 😀.

Not his best game.

There was an article on this mid week where they are trying to replicate how Teddy acts as first receiver on thr 5th to push the halves wider.....i think weve seen that like Teddy, it stifles the play.

He’s seriously going at about 65% right now. He is so cautious on those kick returns it’s not funny. If he can get back to a point where he can take off at full pace and not worry about his injuries, we’ll be a legit contender this year. At least both he and Schu got through the game unscathed. Dissapointing as I felt we were the better team. Should have been 18-6 at the half and we would have kicked on. Just one of those games where small moments matter. The forward pass call was enormous.

I put the captain on him, cursed him 😀.

Not his best game.
Me too, but this isn’t about that.

Well not much anyway.

Pretty **** tactic taking your most potent weapon and sticking him in the middle, the opposition will know he is no threat outside and our players arnt as much as a threat without his prescience on the edges.

You are telling the opposition you won’t be attacking. So they can compress and contain the middle.

Cherry hasn’t got a consistent, space finding kicking game to capitalise anyways

Me too, but this isn’t about that.

Well not much anyway.

Pretty **** tactic taking your most potent weapon and sticking him in the middle, the opposition will know he is no threat outside and our players arnt as much as a threat without his prescience on the edges.

You are telling the opposition you won’t be attacking. So they can compress and contain the middle.

Cherry hasn’t got a consistent, space finding kicking game to capitalise anyways
I agree, the different combinations they are building on the left was impressive for me tonight, cutting Turbo out and going to Kelma.

On Turbo he doesn’t look at his best yet, maybe the sticky surface played on his mind with the hammmy.

Hopefully we get the knights on a dry track, Ben T on the pine needs to be looked at or play him in the middle for a stint.

He’s seriously going at about 65% right now. He is so cautious on those kick returns it’s not funny. If he can get back to a point where he can take off at full pace and not worry about his injuries, we’ll be a legit contender this year. At least both he and Schu got through the game unscathed. Dissapointing as I felt we were the better team. Should have been 18-6 at the half and we would have kicked on. Just one of those games where small moments matter. The forward pass call was enormous.
Yes for such a close match Fox had a Bunnies love in @ fulltime. Not a single Manly player interviewed. You'd have thought we got flogged.

Yeah, I get the idea and all, but surely it should just be an occasional thing. Is nobody else willing to take the carry?

Aside from the obvious wear and tear on Tommy running into front rowers, having to play the ball means he's never able to contest a fifth-tackle kick. And he's a pretty good option in the air…

Can we ever expect him to have a Teddy-like impact on the game? Come on Tommy, you’re letting a smaller Uber 6 foot midget show you up.

It's as simple as winning a quick play ball to allow the kicker the opportunity to kick on the front foot with space and time, but agree - please switch it up a little sometimes.....it becomes that predictable your calling it from the lounge room at tackle 4..,,

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4