Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sometimes this place is hilarious,in the Schuster forum Des has no role for any issue,in this thread it is all Barretts' fault,hope he stays in union.
sometimes ? Lol

the forum demands consistency from others though.
the only thing we agree on

It’s like a tequila slammer on here. Must be taken with a grain of salt

needing To bite down hard on lemon to make it palatable

the Face at the end sums it up

but who has one slammer. Line me up and go again

sometimes ? Lol

the forum demands consistency from others though.
the only thing we agree on

It’s like a tequila slammer on here. Must be taken with a grain of salt

needing To bite down hard on lemon to make it palatable

the Face at the end sums it up

but who has one slammer. Line me up and go again
It is like a bad drug or a car crash,you shouldn't do it but you just keep coming back or taking a peek......

Tom Wright has been exposed under the high ball in Union.

Where would he play in league? Centres? Wouldn't want him on the wing or fullback.

A lost opportunity. He was actually a quite good tackler, though tended to try to take them high and at times almost throw the player. Certainly involvement was a problem but we've had a few champions like that. Johnny Gibbs, Phil Blake to name two and didn't seem to adversely affect their contribution. Even Bob Fulton could be rarely seen in some games and then explode, tearing a side apart. I really thing, Like Gutherson, we missed a top player. He's now consistently considered the best full back in the Australian teams as determined by the judges in the SMH.

from the article...

Australia's leading contender to wear the No.15 jersey at the Rugby World Cup later this year might have the potential to be the "world's best fullback"

lol. wasn't his nickname here - the great white hope or something.

Must be due to all those tests aust are winning.......

I wish him well.

A lost opportunity. He was actually a quite good tackler, though tended to try to take them high and at times almost throw the player. Certainly involvement was a problem but we've had a few champions like that. Johnny Gibbs, Phil Blake to name two and didn't seem to adversely affect their contribution. Even Bob Fulton could be rarely seen in some games and then explode, tearing a side apart. I really thing, Like Gutherson, we missed a top player. He's now consistently considered the best full back in the Australian teams as determined by the judges in the SMH.
We have differing memories …. I remember him missing more tackles than he made!

Just sayin’

A gun in attack with plenty of skills with his passing game and a superb running game

A big body so defense would have come if given a chance and some coaching

Far too talented for the untalented twod Barrett to coac.

He would have been a gun centre with the ability to use his silky hands at 5/8th

Another gun lost.

Barrett a big 0 from 3 in telling 3 guns they were no longer required at Manly.

A lost opportunity. He was actually a quite good tackler, though tended to try to take them high and at times almost throw the player.
The lost opportunity perspective ....

Tom had great speed and skill and at 20 years of age Barrett gave him 5 opportunities at NRL level and in different positions 5/8, wing and centre and mostly off the bench

But Tom was snapped by Union and he made most of his opportunity representing his Country on 23 occasions

The moral of the story ....
Can you imagine what hope the Parkers and the Crokers would have if they were given only 5 opportunities to make or break an NRL Career ?
Answer is No hope !

The lost opportunity perspective ....

Tom had great speed and skill and at 20 years of age Barrett gave him 5 opportunities at NRL level and in different positions 5/8, wing and centre and mostly off the bench

But Tom was snapped by Union and he made most of his opportunity representing his Country on 23 occasions

Can you imagine what hope the Parkers and the Crokers would have if they were given only 5 opportunities to make or break an NRL Career ?
Answer is No hope !

Barrett was so stupid he was picking Neville's like Mathew Wright instead of Tom Wright

Answer is No hope !

Parker and Croker were both dropped at different stages... the difference is that instead of quitting not only the club but the sport entirely while under contract like Tom Wright did, they kept working hard and earned their places back in the squad.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2