Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
I'm kinda on the side of 'sign them all and let Des sort them out" - as impracticable as that is.

I didn't realise Manly made a big offer in 2020, and if the only reason he wants to come back is because RA haven't offered him the cash he wants, then 'surplus to requirements' from me.

But he goes ok. I'd be interested to see how he'd perform given a decent go in our jersey.

WALLABY ON NRL RADAR

Former Manly prodigy Tom Wright could be about to enter the NRL player market as rugby union scrambles to keep hold of its top talent.

Wright played five games for the Sea Eagles and was part of their 2017 Holden Cup winning side.

He then switched to rugby union at the start of 2019 and was nearly tempted back to Brookvale by a sizeable offer last year.

Wright turned it down in a bid to earn a Wallabies jumper and got his reward last year against the All Blacks, scoring a try with his first touch on debut.

The winger/fullback, however, is yet to receive a sufficient offer in rugby union for next season and is thought to be open to returning to league.

Wright finished top of the Super Rugby AU try-scoring charts and topped the competition for line-breaks last year.

This could be just a manager using League as leverage to up his Union contract,a well worn path for so many league players.But if true,he’d be a better option as a backup fullback than what the club has currently,where he plays when TomT is not injured is the question

Wright was a sensation in Holden cup where average scores are 46 - 32 and defence plays a long second to attack....
He would no doubt be capable of creating havoc with the ball in this ultra fast version of NRL, but we now have enough outside backs and considering there is already extra super talented juniors almost ready to join the party.
Now is the time to look in our own backyard, this is what will bring success moving forward

Reads like a bargaining ploy to get more money out of the RU. Interesting claim that the Sea Eagles tried to tempt him back last year. Interesting if true.

Wright was a sensation in Holden cup where average scores are 46 - 32 and defence plays a long second to attack....
He would no doubt be capable of creating havoc with the ball in this ultra fast version of NRL, but we now have enough outside backs and considering there is already extra super talented juniors almost ready to join the party.
Now is the time to look in our own backyard, this is what will bring success moving forward
I didn’t see the NSW Cup game on the weekend but the match report painted a pretty exciting picture of Koula.

Despite our success recently I still don’t see Parker and Harper as our long term centre pairing. Harper edges Parker for me, Parker has been great but eventually we’ll need a point of attack in the centres.
For me it’s Walker or Koula, but Wright could fill that position. Great ball runner

When I look at a player on the rise, I look at what he can do, what are his natural attributes, not what he cant do. Often things that he cant do can be improved, but you cant teach natural attributes. I look at Wright and see speed, evasiveness, ball playing skill, a good sense of attacking nous. Yes maybe his involvement has been a problem and perhaps his defence needs working on. But the talent its there. A good coach can usually polish the rough edges.

Despite our success recently I still don’t see Parker and Harper as our long term centre pairing. Harper edges Parker for me, Parker has been great but eventually we’ll need a point of attack in the centres.
For me it’s Walker or Koula, but Wright could fill that position. Great ball runner
Wright schuster and turbo on an edge oooooooeeeeee

Not seen enough of him to comment tbh. More than likely be asking too much if he’s played for the wallabies. Recall an ok game vs dragons perhaps. Rather promote from within tbh. Harper has a lot of upside I think and is doing well. Parker has now been a mainstay for us for a number of years. As criticized as he is, it’s almost like he’s the first Centre picked these days.I’d like us to part ways with Walker at seasons end and Siro too. The more I’m watching Jayden Sua I’d love to see him on an edge for us. Replacement for Walker perhaps needed. That could be a young guy.

Of course I'd sign him up. He is a magic player, albeit one that was rocks-and-diamonds in his early career. Now that he has experienced what is needed to be an international rugby player his reliability and resolve must have improved.
He could play anywhere in the backline. All he would need is for one of the current backliners to get injured and he'd seal that role.

I didn’t see the NSW Cup game on the weekend but the match report painted a pretty exciting picture of Koula.
I’ve been saying that for months!!!!! Koula is the fastest in all codes of football. He is a priority & believe he’ll be pushing for first grade in 2022. He’s in our top 30 so can be used at some stage this year if required. He’d also be a great cover for Tom coz he’s played plenty of FB in the lower grades.

Last edited:
He was at Manly during the Barrett years - enough said. After leaving, he went on to become Australian Super Rugby's leading try scorer, earning a Wallably call up in the process.
He and Albert Hopoate had very similar paths at Manly...

Both were superstar youngsters that could not break into a FG side going like absolute busteds... both finally got a couple of games at the backend of the season when the team had completely given up and both were shipped out after a moderate performance in a hopeless team effort...

Wonder if young hoppa will produce like Tom once he breaks into FG full-time?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4