Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He ran through a hole Mr Plod could have gone through.
There are many Mr plods in back lines that run through holes
The problem is ...
They get runned down .
YOU CANT TACKLE WHAT YOU CANT CATCH
SPEED THRILLS AND....

images.jpg

Tom Wright celebrates scoring a try for the Brumbies
Tom Wright celebrates scoring a try for the BrumbiesSource: Getty Images
The future of Wallabies prospect Tom Wright is being monitored by his former club Manly as uncertainty continues to surround contracts with Rugby Australia.
Foxsports.com.au understands that the Sea Eagles are keeping tabs on the future of Wright, who left Brookvale in 2018 just five games into a promising NRL career.
Wright is off contract at the end of this year but given that RA have frozen all contract negotiations, he faces an uncertain future.

RA’s unknown financial forecast means Wright is not the only former league player said to be on the radar of prying league clubs.
Maybe Des will pack his bag and bring him home. Show him what it’s like to play a role within a team under a proven coach. An off season under Dessie should cleanse Tom’s memory of the garden furniture sook.

Tom Wright is a player who is designed to play a starring role in a 56 - 6 demolishion win, but not have the game to conrol a tight, tough contest....well that's my take from seeing him play and also more an individual, which is not what you want from an NRL half or 5/8.
The U20's comp is based on attack with 42 - 32 type score lines every week, which definitely allowed him to shine....and he was dynamic..
I do think with better tuition he has enough quality to be an impact player and IF he could tackle, would be a sensational dummy half late after 25 and 65 minutes each half....unfortunately IF I had 20 million dollars , would be on holiday in the Maldives.... but I aint....:think:

Maybe the club could be looking to him as a replacement for Elliot if the reports of Elliot moving on are accurate but doubt it would be as a back up 6 . Really should have been given a go at wing or even centre in 2018 with Barrett Wouldn "t underestimate his ability to cover as a back up full back as well if he has gained a bit more experience and confidence since his league departure . Maybe young Hoppa has not yet ruled out his Morman mission plans [ though of course hope that his preference will be to opt for a league career at Manly ] Smokin Joe mentioned that he thought the Manly junior Weekes had re signed with the club and already a state junior rep and can play 6 or 1 . Hard to say with these type of reports , still rate Elliot but if he is leaving and Des thinks that he could get more out of Tom Wright and on a realistic contract , wouldn't be the worst of considerations for the club .

Just a reminder feathered friend . Here is the replay where he not only leaves 4 St George backs dead on their tracks gasping for air he also leaves the commentator gasping for air with... """"That is blinding , What Skill """"" . as Tom Wright took a pass from DCE from 40 metres out of the St George try line , he ran across field dummied once then exploded in between the International English rep player Widdop and the St George centre Lafai with blinding speed and as the winger Nene Mcdonald tried to make any impression to cover him to no avail , Tom steps inside Dufty with ease to score our only try in our 32 to 8 points loss . Try scorers for the Dragons were Widdop, Lafai, simms, mann ,Graham and Mcdonald .
Here is the replay of that try to remind you what a devastating runner he was and what potential he had and if Des can turn Parker and Suli and Croker around then I can imagine what he could have done with Tom Wrights natural speed and skill
Fascinating. Do you have video of his other nrl tries ?

Fascinating. Do you have video of his other nrl tries ?
The Fascinating things are feathered friend ...
He did not get many opportunities in the NRL
Did you see video of Parker and Suli under Trent
You have seen the vast improvement of Parker and Suli under Des
The Fascinating thing is What Des could do with his natural Raw speed and skill
THE SEIBOLD OF THE MANLY SEA EAGLES
download (2).jpg

Referring back to Tom Wright's first grade games, though its recorded he played 5 games, I could only find four games where his name was listed.

In his first game he played for 6 minutes against the Bronks in Brisbane, then flew back to play for Blacktown 2 days later and helped them to a win.

The game against St George where he scored that spectacular try, he was off the bench and played less than half the game.

He only played two full first grade games both at 5/8, the first against the Storm, when Manly lost by a point, and then against the Roosters when they were beaten comfortably. This is of course playing in a side that came second last and almost won the spoon.

Note also that the two full games he played were against the grand finalists. Now I may have missed a game when he came off the bench, but this is hardly a test of Wright's suitability for first grade. Something like a total of a little less than 200 minutes on the field equivalent to less than two and a half games.

Referring back to Tom Wright's first grade games, though its recorded he played 5 games, I could only find four games where his name was listed.

In his first game he played for 6 minutes against the Bronks in Brisbane, then flew back to play for Blacktown 2 days later and helped them to a win.

The game against St George where he scored that spectacular try, he was off the bench and played less than half the game.

He only played two full first grade games both at 5/8, the first against the Storm, when Manly lost by a point, and then against the Roosters when they were beaten comfortably. This is of course playing in a side that came second last and almost won the spoon.

Note also that the two full games he played were against the grand finalists. Now I may have missed a game when he came off the bench, but this is hardly a test of Wright's suitability for first grade. Something like a total of a little less than 200 minutes on the field equivalent to less than two and a half games.
That is putting things in perfect perspective feathered friend . To judge any young players potential from 5 limited NRL games playing in different positions coming off the bench in short periods under an incompetent and under performing coach whos team is struggling is not logical at all .

Given there was so little of him seen in first grade we have to refer back to earlier times. Like Bozo said, speed kills, and he's not just a one play wander

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4