Tom Waterhouse told to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think therefore I am.

Still caught in the 17th century?

Fault is a lazy way of thinking. 17th century way of thinking.

Blame doesn't help people live more fulfilling lives. Blame achieves zip except for the ego hit to the blamer.

Getting rid of blame doesn't get rid of jails. Just changes their nature.

Well id say consumerism is the new thinking..
Does having a theory and disagreeing autimatically with everyone elses make yours correct.

If we only act on subconscious urges then there is no knowing right from wrong. Hell it even means conditioned responses are not a reality or possibility

So we are all thoughtless, mindless subconscious beings?
Blame is a theory as much as yours id say the fault isnt with finding blame its with what you do about or with that information.

As for gambling advertising ita more about saturation that I have some issue however the argument is a chicken or egg argument.

We all know the root of all evil os economics anyway

I'm not saying that people ONLY act from unconscious urges.

Just because you only see the tip of the iceberg doesn't mean there's nothing underneath.

I agree consumerism is the new thinking. As long as "new" isn't seen as something that has only happened within the last few years, or the last few hundreds of years, or the last few thousand of years. The urges are no different now to then. Only the targets change.

What is right from wrong Dan?

Rex said:
I think therefore I am.

Still caught in the 17th century?

Fault is a lazy way of thinking. 17th century way of thinking.

Blame doesn't help people live more fulfilling lives. Blame achieves zip except for the ego hit to the blamer.

Getting rid of blame doesn't get rid of jails. Just changes their nature.

Rex don't take it as I'm having a go at you, im just the inquisitive type. How do you explain people doing random acts? Things that have no reason to it or benefit behind it.

Jatz Crackers said:
Ive got an urge.

Does it have anything to do with Nude by Nature?

Kiwi Eagle said:
You get caught in addiction because you choose your path, not because the big bad advertisers tell you too

Don't put that 1st smoke in your mouth and there is a fair chance you won't get addicted to smoking ...

And what causes people to put the first cigarette in the mouth KE?

Why would people do something that no truly rational being would do?

If we were controlled by urges my lawn would never get mowed.

The truth is for men at least we are controlled by women. Who knows about their urges or what controls them

manlyfan76 said:
Rex don't take it as I'm having a go at you, im just the inquisitive type. How do you explain people doing random acts? Things that have no reason to it or benefit behind it.

Inquisitive?

You know you're on a footy forum don't you? Have the rules of play changed?

Why would people follow a footy team if they're rational? Not talking about Manly fans here obviously. They have on average a 50% chance of failing every time. A Vulcan would have no interest in following a footy team.

Daniel said:

The truth is for men at least we are controlled by women. Who knows about their urges or what controls them

I can pm you a good book to read if you want to understand some of the urges women have.

Daniel said:

Until the discomfort from not mowing exceeds the discomfort from mowing.

Discomfort comes in many forms. Speaking of women ...

Rex said:
manlyfan76 said:

Inquisitive?

You know you're on a footy forum don't you? Have the rules of play changed?

Why would people follow a footy team if they're rational? Not talking about Manly fans here obviously. They have on average a 50% chance of failing every time. A Vulcan would have no interest in following a footy team.
I thought this was a political forum

Rex said:
Daniel said:

Until the discomfort from not mowing exceeds the discomfort from mowing.

Discomfort comes in many forms. Speaking of women ...
Does it come in the form of urges?

Exactly mf76.

A randomly selected fan has only a 6% chance of winning this year. And a non-Manly fan has zero percent chance. Yet they still follow their team hoping for the premiership.

Proof that humans are not rational beings.

Why is that not rational? That presupposes that we all watch it solely on the chance our team will win a premiership.
Just maybe there is a tad more to it than that

Do we know the real reasons why we do what we do?

Or do we do what we do, and spin a "rational" story to explain our actions?

We'll turn into the Eels if our playmakers, or players, stop acting first, acting by instinct.

Contradiction upon contradiction. You are living proof that stringing words together into a coherent sentence really doesnt amount to more than sentences and paragraphs

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6