Tom Waterhouse is a Goose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
Just been reported Tom Waterhouse must be clearly defined as a bookmaker on future broadcasts. He can't use a ch9 microphone, can't commentate on the game and can't sit on the commentators panel.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/16453374/bookmaker-tom-waterhouse-a-lightning-rod-for-anger/

Doesn't go far enough. They should make him wear fake spectacles with big $$ signs on the lenses.

The 'problem' for the NRL and Ch9 is the size of the sponsorship. The $50M is to the NRL as the accredited sponsorship bookie, but on top of that Ch9 picks up a huge amount with his advertising which never stops. From both business's point of view it is a big win. But as with any advertising the big dollars is meant to grant big exposure. If you want $50M taken out of the NRL coffers and for Ch9 to lose even more money so you can have a sanitised product so be it, but that is the reality. I don't like his ads, I have never placed a bet with him but I can understand, with those figures, why he is integrated into the broadcast.

His mum wouldnt let him go.

He will ask her again tomorrow if she is in a better mood.

Napper said:
That's insane! I planned on using Centrebet instrad of the TAB. Do you mind me asking what sort of win got you banned?

It wasn't just that one bet on the Reds vs Crusaders that they banned me for but it was the, to borrow Michael Clarke's words for a moment 'the straw that broke the camels back" and to Centrebets credit they told me that I was hurting their business, and that they in the business to make money not give it away, fair enough so that means that if you have a current centrebet account you are in the red and in simple terms you suck at sports betting and they will happily keep your account active.

I would place bets with centrebet usually online only and was doing very well (not enough to buy a mansion like bob dylans mate's but enough to buy modest home in the 'burbs) but that final straw I mentioned is that I placed a bet during live play when the reds were paying I believe around $3.40ish but I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes while they discussed accepting my bet or not and they finally did (only after the dividend was to be less than the advertised odds of -$0.15 so I ended up being paid only $3.25ish off my $25K bet) the Reds WON......WOOHOO and the next day BAM my account is closed.

BobDylan has raised an interesting topic on those very small percentage of people who do win and actually is what funds their life as I consider myself an "advantage" punter, those punters have something under control and that is their "psychological weaknesses"

The reality is that the bookies/house wins because they are banking on your lack of discipline (and NO human is immune to that) corporate bookmakers fund their business from "sqaures" so really there is no hope for most punters who aren't in that <1%.

Of course Waterhouse can advertise his business but he has taken it to a new unseen before extreme and it is taking away the joy of watching a simple game of league.

Everyone of my friends mentioned above have been barred by the corporates.

I have been by Bet365, but am back in via the back door.

Start winning regular and they bar you.

jeez I need to start putting a betting fund aside and paying one of you guys a % for you to place the bets for me :)

Joey said:
Napper said:
That's insane! I planned on using Centrebet instrad of the TAB. Do you mind me asking what sort of win got you banned?

It wasn't just that one bet on the Reds vs Crusaders that they banned me for but it was the, to borrow Michael Clarke's words for a moment 'the straw that broke the camels back" and to Centrebets credit they told me that I was hurting their business, and that they in the business to make money not give it away, fair enough so that means that if you have a current centrebet account you are in the red and in simple terms you suck at sports betting and they will happily keep your account active.

I would place bets with centrebet usually online only and was doing very well (not enough to buy a mansion like bob dylans mate's but enough to buy modest home in the 'burbs) but that final straw I mentioned is that I placed a bet during live play when the reds were paying I believe around $3.40ish but I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes while they discussed accepting my bet or not and they finally did (only after the dividend was to be less than the advertised odds of -$0.15 so I ended up being paid only $3.25ish off my $25K bet) the Reds WON......WOOHOO and the next day BAM my account is closed.

BobDylan has raised an interesting topic on those very small percentage of people who do win and actually is what funds their life as I consider myself an "advantage" punter, those punters have something under control and that is their "psychological weaknesses"

The reality is that the bookies/house wins because they are banking on your lack of discipline (and NO human is immune to that) corporate bookmakers fund their business from "sqaures" so really there is no hope for most punters who aren't in that <1%.

Of course Waterhouse can advertise his business but he has taken it to a new unseen before extreme and it is taking away the joy of watching a simple game of league.

Far out. What grubs. I guess it's well done for doing well enough for them to ban you haha!

Stevo said:
WHAAAAAAATTT???????

Is $25k the biggest bet you've placed?

No, but I won't ever bet more than 3% of my bankroll.

Luckily I got paid out when they closed me down unlike this guy

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qneLWoG2MY4[/video]

@ bob.......Samuel L. Jackson's will do anything for a buck it seems.

Joey said:
Stevo said:
WHAAAAAAATTT???????

Is $25k the biggest bet you've placed?

No, but I won't ever bet more than 3% of my bankroll.
Not sure what you mean by your bankroll, but if you have $1mil available for betting, I guess you are not exactly a small-time punter.

Joey said:
Luckily I got paid out when they closed me down unlike this guy

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qneLWoG2MY4[/video].

I can't say I trust anything from TT but on the face of it that is disgusting. They should have their license revoked if they don't pay up. That is the risk they take when matching Tote dividends. I'm stunned they would reneg on what is a small win on their turnover and even in terms of what he outlayed.

I don't know what they are like today but William Hill always rode with exotic bets. Part of the allure for punters and used extensively for marketing by most gambling establishments is trumpeting the making of a motza for a small outlay by individuals who have been successful. Best PR you can get so a poor decision by Bet365.

Stevo said:
Just been reported Tom Waterhouse must be clearly defined as a bookmaker on future broadcasts. He can't use a ch9 microphone, can't commentate on the game and can't sit on the commentators panel.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/16453374/bookmaker-tom-waterhouse-a-lightning-rod-for-anger/

So that's all fine.In this user pays world of league,we have to have sponsors (after all...they are the ones that pay).The money from gate revenue isn't going to pay a team's salary cap for the year.So,now,when Tom takes his millions elsewhere (and there will be an "elsewhere"),the ARL will miss out.I just hope those $$ he takes out of ARL sponsorship don't come back to bite us.
And not one person will be turned off gambling.Maybe Penrith will have to change the name of their stadium next!!

Just bit more about the pros, they bet a fair bit mor than the average man on the street usually but at the end of the day a 5-10% profit is a years a good result.

Might not sound much if you have a $100 worth of bets and end up with a $110. But have have the same bets just multiplied by 10 and its a good days work, tax free too if you are not pro.

manlyfan76 said:
On a side note I once had a guy bet on a cricket ODI half way through the 2nd innings, he put $1000 on Aust @ $1.02.
crazy.

Next time he wants $20 that bad just give it to him, he will enjoy the match a bit more.

bob dylan said:
manlyfan76 said:
On a side note I once had a guy bet on a cricket ODI half way through the 2nd innings, he put $1000 on Aust @ $1.02.
crazy.

Next time he wants $20 that bad just give it to him, he will enjoy the match a bit more.
He actually complained because the odds shortened by 0.02c in the time it took him to put his ticket on. I don't think he refreshed the screen

Now you've all done it! Gone and upset Tom...!

Shame!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/05/31/05/19/you-ll-see-less-of-me-now-tom-waterhouse-says

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2