Tom T is he that good.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I just want to pose the question is the hype around this great young kid really warranted.

I’m not bagging him but last year he just seemed to be a strong first grader who at times could be accused of trying too hard.

But the media cream themselves about him at every opportunity. I read sporting news au last week rate him the number 1 fullback in the game ahead of slater and Boyd.

It worries me how much the media are building him up because they will be just as savage if he doesn’t meet their expectations.

I’d be interested in what everyone else thinks. We have definitely been spoilt with some great fullbacks and the kid has some massive shoes to fill with the snake retiring.

I think he is one of the most naturally gifted attacking players you’ll see at Fullback and that will continue to develop.

I also think he is in the bottom four fullbacks defensively. His urgency and positioning has a long way to go before he is at Snake’s level. He also doesn’t direct our defensive line like Ridge and Snake did.

He can be an all time great - but the best fullbacks of all time did it at both ends of the field. Time will tell if he will be counted with them.

Although he struggles to get down for the low ball , he got picked for Australia and will only get better . Definitely yes .

. I read sporting clickbait au last week rate him the number 1 fullback in the game ahead of slater and Boyd.
Fixed that for you.. those sites are all about anything that'll grab a click, so anything opinion based you can bet it is well thought out to 'spark' the right reaction to best get eyes on the article. (Sad it is that way, but that's modern media!)

End of this season will be a good marker for him. I expect a bit more awareness of what is around him this year. Coming from carving it up in juniors where he could run rings around a whole team on his own, i suspect that's where a bit of the trying too hard / errors come into his game. He doesn't have to do it on his own anymore. Anyone that age would be the same. He was just too good to hold back to gain experience, some make you throw them in the deep end, and he did. Now with a good amount of top grade experience, and a unit around him where most have now been together a little while, should see him become a more steady player and start to lay claim for more rep spots etc. Hopefully each years growth and bulking up helps keep injuries at bay and can see him in full flight. Definitely has all the potential to be the number 1 in the game.

He'll need a huge season. He'll have to cover for the lack of skill and x-factor lost with Croker and Wright in that backline. If HE goes down, we are in deep trouble.

We NEED Walker back, something fierce. We also need a 5/8.

Also need Lussick back. The team we have listed today - well, it's uninspiring.

Agree there are a few area's to fix up, but the upsize is an unlimited potential that I don't think we have come close to seeing yet.
The kid is a freak.

Tom needs to take the ball on a full ; defuse any kick if it’s a bomb or grubber - less mistakes ; ie : forward passes.
Great athlete and needs to inject him self throughout the game .

Yeah. Its too early to tell. I think another 2 years will tell us the truth. By then he he will be as old as tedesco was making his mark. Atm he is going great and should be better every year barring injury. Could be better than Ingles in his prime soon enough. And with Jake and his younger brother too coming up, i thk he will explode in a few years because of that passion!!

I just want to pose the question is the hype around this great young kid really warranted.

I’m not bagging him but last year he just seemed to be a strong first grader who at times could be accused of trying too hard.

But the media cream themselves about him at every opportunity. I read sporting news au last week rate him the number 1 fullback in the game ahead of slater and Boyd.

It worries me how much the media are building him up because they will be just as savage if he doesn’t meet their expectations.

I’d be interested in what everyone else thinks. We have definitely been spoilt with some great fullbacks and the kid has some massive shoes to fill with the snake retiring.

I Heard today that he is thought of as a like for Greg Inlis. Big strong, speed to burn, skilful. As Tom matures into his body he will only improve. Big expectations from the people that know.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4