Tom is a Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What’s worse about Tom’s latest hamstring injury, is the pointlessness of the new running style he adopted upon returning from the States last year. It impacted his match play substantially as he pranced about tentatively, hoping it would spell the end of the injuries. Didn’t help him avoid injury, just compromised the quality of his game.
Yeah well you'd think on a slippery surface that the dumb fuk coach might think to swap him around in defense so you minimise that risk. But no , Seibold just proved again how clueless he is.

In simplistic terms, this is how I see it with Turbo.

The trip to Philly probably did more harm than any real good. It made Tom change his running style which took him over a year to figure out, and while they said on The Manly Way videos that he was running faster, from what we've seen he's actually been slower.

Now of course, he's done his hammy again.....

Then there are the two pec injuries, one of each side. For mine, it has seen a change in his defensive efforts to where he seems reluctant to go in as hard as he could, and that is seeing a marked drop in his defensive game.

I don't know what the answer is. I wish I did.
I watched some highlights from a game in 2019 and Tom looked significantly faster off the mark. I think he is probably close to his former speed once he gets going, but the burst of speed that used to get him through the line is gone.

Turbo has not actually played a full season since 2018.

Since 2019 (and including the current about ⅓ of the 2024 season), he is averaging just 10.83 games per season for Manly. Not even spending half a season on the field, yet taking up over $1 million per season of our salary cap.

Hard not to get fed up isn't it, even with someone of his talent. But what good is that talent when its constantly sitting on the sidelines injured??

Last edited:
The guy can get on all fours and simulate covering the ground because you care about your fellow brothers and what that means to them.

If he's going to do his hammy, now is the best time. Origin starts June 5 and we have 2 byes in his recovery period, and may only miss 5 or 6 games. He'd be playing Origin anyway, so, not as bad as it seems.
and hopefully it will unleash Koula in a way that the lightbulb will spark to life in the coaching box

It is only a hammy so it’s not a serious injury at all and in a few weeks he will be fine. In fact with the speed of the game now I see two or three hammy injuries per weekend. Ben has done three to four in the last 12 months

The issue is this is his sixth one. He will keep doing them as well. Unfortunately the greatest risk factors are age and previous injury.

He will still be able to play however the will lose his confidence and his speed will not be the same.

He’s done. Still gets good counting stats and seems to pick up a try or assist each game but his impact on the game just isn’t there anymore

Hopefully Koula proves himself as the club’s best fullback moving forward and forces Seibold into actually making a tough decision for once and putting Tom into the centres. This is where he wanted to play for NSW so doing him a favour really. Unfortunately the only time he has gotten involved in defence this season he got injured so I don’t know how he’d go defending in the front line having to make multiple tackles a game, probably as well as Garrick has

and hopefully it will unleash Koula in a way that the lightbulb will spark to life in the coaching box
I'm still in the Tom for fullback camp tbh, but I can understand your point of view. Having Koula taking bombs under pressure fills me with anxiety unlike Tom who is more dominant and assured. It's not going to be easy in front of a full Suncorp for Koula but he's done this before so I'm expecting a competent showing from him on Friday night.

i can honestly say time and injuries is getting away for Tom....

Tom has given us glimpses and wonderful memories and he has tried his heart out.

there is somthing called natural football abilities that he doesnt posses,

Im no coach but we call all see....
  • the 4th ackle hitups only to walk back is a joke
  • why are you not choosing percentage plays and contest the 5th tackle bombs and try to outleap and or put pressure on the opposition.
  • your high ball contests and 10cm jumps are unbelievable
  • your passes that go astray and drop balls are a joke at NRL,
  • you are very rarley in a postion to stop a try,
  • if you get there your your attemps to stop a try are pea hearted
  • You have been owned by so many subpar no name fullbacks.
  • You are taught by one of the best fullbacks there was in Snake, no excuses there.
  • Legend players are consistent and not a 1 year glory .
  • you have little game awareness and heart to defend.
unfortunatlery will never make it to the highs of snake, eadie or ridge.

its time to hand in your No.1 jersey, the club and supporters have paid so much and are not getting anywhere the expected hype the media makes of turbo.

your body and knowlege of the game is not up to the elite level on a consistent level.

Best wishes and speedy recovery.

It is only a hammy so it’s not a serious injury at all and in a few weeks he will be fine. In fact with the speed of the game now I see two or three hammy injuries per weekend. Ben has done three to four in the last 12 months

The issue is this is his sixth one. He will keep doing them as well. Unfortunately the greatest risk factors are age and previous injury.

He will still be able to play however the will lose his confidence and his speed will not be the same.

At least 7 weeks. Seems serious to me.

Doesn’t seem to be a problem for Kennedy and you watched Fuller last night, he makes Tolu look big, he doesn‘t shirk it, I really hope it works out, speed is the most important ingredient out back, Slatter, Snake I doubt they were any bigger.
koula is only 88kg and about 5 feet tall.

koula is only 88kg and about 5 feet tall.
So What Idk GIF by Adam Lambert

i just feel koula is too small for any position. for a centre, he is easily bullied, as a full back, he wont have the strength for last line defence. I cannot see why the fans rate him so highly. Sure, in open space, no one can catch him, but its hard to find open spaces during a game. Koula only attribute is speed. If this was a game of Jumanji, he would have 3 strikes rather quickly. Too short, too lightweight. Koula would be fantastic though playing in the 1980s. similar to kerry boustead in stature.
Koula is 180cm (5’11”) 88kg!!!! Reece Walsh 177cm (5’10”) 88kg. Ryan Papenhauzen 181cm (5’11” & a bit) 80kg!!! What do you mean too small for any position! Specsavers time mate! Are you sure it’s not you that you’re describing? 5’ tall??? Trbo is 194cm (6’ 4”) 102kg & fragile!

Last edited:
Koula is 180cm (5’11”) 88kg!!!! Reece Walsh 177cm (5’10”) 88kg. Ryan Papenhauzen 181cm (5’11” & a bit) 80kg!!! What do you mean too small for any position! Specsavers time mate! Are you sure it’s not you that you’re describing? 5’ tall??? Trbo is 194cm (6’ 4”) 102kg & fragile!
yes, but surely you cant compare koula (a good player) with those rep players. Reece walsh and Ryan are amazing players. I would swap them with koula any day of the week. perspectives. I just find Koula massively overrated. im just average height and weight at 183cm and 83kg but we are talking playing centre and fullback in the NRL. totally irrelevant how tall us fans are. I have seen games where opposition players pick koula up and dump him 10 metres back to the ingoal and manly has to kick a line drop out.

Last edited:

Given that his one year old running style is supposed to prevent hamstring injuries ... being out for 7 weeks with a hamstring tear IS serious.....

I'm still in the Tom for fullback camp tbh, but I can understand your point of view. Having Koula taking bombs under pressure fills me with anxiety unlike Tom who is more dominant and assured. It's not going to be easy in front of a full Suncorp for Koula but he's done this before so I'm expecting a competent showing from him on Friday night.
The guy hasn't got more than an inch off the ground all season. He has been out-jumped by two midgets in two different games. I don't know where your confidence in Turbo under bombs comes from because it can't be from watching games this season.

yes, but surely you cant compare koula (a good player) with those rep players. Reece walsh and Ryan are amazing players. I would swap them with koula any day of the week. perspectives. I just find Koula massively overrated.

Koula can run like the wind, and he can defend.

But in no way does he have Turbo's passing skills, nor does he back up half us much when playing fullback. His pace is the only threat he really has and its why I'm still on the "Turbo at fullback" side.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12