Tom is a Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I hate the name of this thread. Turbo deserves more respect than that. It’s not his fault he has been cursed with injuries. Honestly somebody would think we pay for his wages. Give him a break. I agree the coach needs to move him into the centres mainly because his last line of defence has been lacking due to what I think is him being tentative. The origin debate is irrelevant now so hopefully he will finish the season strongly for us.

I hate the name of this thread. Turbo deserves more respect than that. It’s not his fault he has been cursed with injuries. Honestly somebody would think we pay for his wages. Give him a break. I agree the coach needs to move him into the centres mainly because his last line of defence has been lacking due to what I think is him being tentative. The origin debate is irrelevant now so hopefully he will finish the season strongly for us.
Sad Baby GIF

Tommy is half the player he was in 2021.

Too many injuries and time out of the game show this.

In 2021 he would take the line on with gusto, bust defences and had fantastic instinct to also put others through gaps.

What I see now is him playing far more conservative. He is not as confident in taking bombs, you can see how tentative he is at times.

I do not blame him after all the injuries and now a new one.

It is a legitimate conversation to be had that he should be a centre rather than a full back now, the full back role is so demanding physically and a persons speed is vital, Koula has that in spades and should be given a chance to cement that spot!
i just feel koula is too small for any position. for a centre, he is easily bullied, as a full back, he wont have the strength for last line defence. I cannot see why the fans rate him so highly. Sure, in open space, no one can catch him, but its hard to find open spaces during a game. Koula only attribute is speed. If this was a game of Jumanji, he would have 3 strikes rather quickly. Too short, too lightweight. Koula would be fantastic though playing in the 1980s. similar to kerry boustead in stature.

i just feel koula is too small for any position. for a centre, he is easily bullied, as a full back, he wont have the strength for last line defence. I cannot see why the fans rate him so highly. Sure, in open space, no one can catch him, but its hard to find open spaces during a game. Koula only attribute is speed. If this was a game of Jumanji, he would have 3 strikes rather quickly. Too short, too lightweight. Koula would be fantastic though playing in the 1980s. similar to kerry boustead in stature.
Doesn’t seem to be a problem for Kennedy and you watched Fuller last night, he makes Tolu look big, he doesn‘t shirk it, I really hope it works out, speed is the most important ingredient out back, Slatter, Snake I doubt they were any bigger.

Doesn’t seem to be a problem for Kennedy and you watched Fuller last night, he makes Tolu look big, he doesn‘t shirk it, I really hope it works out, speed is the most important ingredient out back, Slatter, Snake I doubt they were any bigger.
I think fullback would give Koula more time and room to attack, at the moment the defence seems to be on him before he's even got the ball

Silver lining. Probably would've missed 3-4 games due to Origin anyway.

This way he has a bit longer break to get the body right and not go through the grueling Origin period.
He'll never get the body right. He's clearly not built to handle the rigours of nrl. You can't hide awsy a porcelain vase and not eventually bring it out to watch it get smashed. He needs to give it away.

i just feel koula is too small for any position. for a centre, he is easily bullied, as a full back, he wont have the strength for last line defence. I cannot see why the fans rate him so highly. Sure, in open space, no one can catch him, but it’s hard to find open spaces during a game. Koula only attribute is speed. If this was a game of Jumanji, he would have 3 strikes rather quickly. Too short, too lightweight. Koula would be fantastic though playing in the 1980s. similar to kerry boustead in stature.
Drinkwater, Pappy, Walsh, Fuller, Edwards 3cm taller then Koula, Tracey, Taffe, Armstrong, Faalogo, Sloan, Gray and Brimson all playing this weekend or ruled out through injury are smaller or just slightly taller than Koula, is height a factor when you have speed and footwork that can split a team up the middle at any stage.

The one thing that Koula will need to work on will be his passing game and ball playing, other than that he adds a different attacking attribute to the team.

If you have size on the wing you are fine with a smaller fullback in my view.

I think it's time for Manly to invest in another fullback and let's hope Koula can improve and be that. Turbo's days are numbered at 1 with all his injuries which has been playing on his mind all season.

What’s worse about Tom’s latest hamstring injury, is the pointlessness of the new running style he adopted upon returning from the States last year. It impacted his match play substantially as he pranced about tentatively, hoping it would spell the end of the injuries. Didn’t help him avoid injury, just compromised the quality of his game.

Gone for 7 weeks and Saab out for a few
I think Saab comes back after the bye
Turbo won't be be back until after our second bye

What’s worse about Tom’s latest hamstring injury, is the pointlessness of the new running style he adopted upon returning from the States last year. It impacted his match play substantially as he pranced about tentatively, hoping it would spell the end of the injuries. Didn’t help him avoid injury, just compromised the quality of his game.
Hopefully he can return like he did in 2021 from injury, though it’s unlikely, the more I read on recurring hamstring injuries the more I think that the club will need to manage Tom with the amount of running he does in playing fullback.

Obviously the club would deny this as its demoralising for Tom and the club, with 2.5 years left on Tom’s contract they can’t justify not considering Tom to play in another position.

In simplistic terms, this is how I see it with Turbo.

The trip to Philly probably did more harm than any real good. It made Tom change his running style which took him over a year to figure out, and while they said on The Manly Way videos that he was running faster, from what we've seen he's actually been slower.

Now of course, he's done his hammy again.....

Then there are the two pec injuries, one of each side. For mine, it has seen a change in his defensive efforts to where he seems reluctant to go in as hard as he could, and that is seeing a marked drop in his defensive game.

I don't know what the answer is. I wish I did.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10