Tom Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A big factor in whether Tom would come to Manly is whether Luke has been enjoying his time here more than at Souths and he sees a good future here. Tom would most likely have a good talk with Luke before making any decision about coming to Manly.

I don't think Tom is anywhere near as good as George. Obviously a mental thing because physically I doubt his mum could tell the difference. Definitely worth taking on though, but I wouldn't be throwing top dollar at him. That's the type of move that clubs like the Eels make.

Agree with this. Would be a good start in beefing up the front-row. HOWEVER Tom isn't as good as George (yet), so we shouldn't be expecting that of him. No doubt he can develop his own game and style though, and has potential to be a top front-rower.

Klemmer would also be in a similar situation. He won't be on the top coin compared to the likes of Kasiano and Graham, and bringing him in to be the no.1 prop at Manly could be very tempting for the young man. Would definitely be looking at him.

Agree with this. Would be a good start in beefing up the front-row. HOWEVER Tom isn't as good as George (yet), so we shouldn't be expecting that of him. No doubt he can develop his own game and style though, and has potential to be a top front-rower.

Klemmer would also be in a similar situation. He won't be on the top coin compared to the likes of Kasiano and Graham, and bringing him in to be the no.1 prop at Manly could be very tempting for the young man. Would definitely be looking at him.
I believe that klemmer will stay where he is. Him and jake played together a fair bit in junior Nsw and aust teams. Maybe if they are mates we would have some hope

we should sign as many Burgesses as we can, except for this bloke...
Kieran Burgess
Commercial Manager at University of Queensland Rugby Football Club.
I've never met the bloke but there's something about him I don't trust.

well the world cup is on

Apparently if your forwards win the battle you do not need halves, so add Tom and Sam and we are sweet.

***waiting for signing announcements... just hearing crickets***

Yep, I don't see why we wouldn't disrupt as many club's as possible. The Titan's official's are claiming Elgey is going nowhere. I don't know if that's a PR exercise trying to get Manly to hand over the biggest amount possible for him, but screw them, let's acquire him anyway.

From all the NYC games I watch (and I watch all of them on Fox), the kid is very Cooper Cronk like.

Imagine a Cooper Cronk type of player, and Todd Carney running around together. I also honestly think we wouldn't be spending over $500k for the BOTH of them - NOT each (given Carney's poor past, and Elgey's lack of experience).

Yep, I don't see why we wouldn't disrupt as many club's as possible. The Titan's official's are claiming Elgey is going nowhere. I don't know if that's a PR exercise trying to get Manly to hand over the biggest amount possible for him, but screw them, let's acquire him anyway.

From all the NYC games I watch (and I watch all of them on Fox), the kid is very Cooper Cronk like.

Imagine a Cooper Cronk type of player, and Todd Carney running around together. I also honestly think we wouldn't be spending over $500k for the BOTH of them - NOT each (given Carney's poor past, and Elgey's lack of experience).
Yeah the one guy they have expressed interest in is Carney - and that was Tooves and as we've seen, that probably means that the club is thinking the exact opposite...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dicts-older-brother-luke-20150317-1m1cc8.html

Found this article in the SMH regarding Sam B. Luke seems to think he will come across whilst George thinks otherwise and George happy with Souths.

I suppose if Manly pulls off this coup and gets all four brothers then everyone will be claiming we are going back to the old silvertails v fibro days of the 70s rather than focusing on home grown.Then again who cares other teams seem to be poaching ours.

Imagin a team full of brothers such as the Burgess's, Chee-Kam's and Turbo's, (pity about the Stewarts) and we could say they are definitely paying for each other!

we should sign as many Burgesses as we can, except for this bloke...
Kieran Burgess
Commercial Manager at University of Queensland Rugby Football Club.
I've never met the bloke but there's something about him I don't trust.
I have heard that he only does what is best for him and his family

Also known as liar liar

Cant argue with more burgess bros here. Just not at ridiculous prices though.
The value of the $A against the English pound is half, so unless he is like Foran and plays "for the challenge" then any Local club that chases him will be paying over the odds. It looks like only the NRL Titans will have that kind of financial resource.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4