Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How did Koula go today on tele?

Only saw the last 15 mins and he hardly touched the ball.

He is not very tall, which may go against him unless he is really fast laterally as well as running straight.

He is not very tall, which may go against him unless he is really fast laterally as well as running straight.
I thought he was one of our best. Very quick, light on his feet, and runs hard. Doesn’t shy away from the tough runs and has good leg drive.

He looked dangerous every time he had the ball, always a chance of beating a tackle or stepping past someone.

He also seemed to have pretty good reads in defence. Shut down a couple of plays, much better than Suli and Tuipolotu in that respect today.

I was surprised at how well he handled the physicality for such a young guy. He’s not far off being capable at NRL.

Was found out under the high ball for one of their tries, so definitely needs to work on that. And I didn’t see much ball playing. But he looks to be an exciting prospect. Best suited to centre from what I saw.

Very young and like Weekes - a ton of potential- time will tell but 1 or both will make an impact at NRL level

Very young and like Weekes - a ton of potential- time will tell but 1 or both will make an impact at NRL level
Looked OK. Unfortunately saw little ball as the BWSE are a weak side. However, he showed that he had good fundamentals - handled well, tackled correctly and did not shirk hit ups into the ruck. Got over jumped a couple of times but his opposite was tall and had the run advantage. Overall looked an excellent prospect. Think he would do very well in a higher quality side.

He did well in the SG Ball most of the season.

The semi final was streamed on the nswrl site and may well be still available. We should have won that game, and he made a few errors, including in the last couple of mins when the game could have been won.

Promising junior player but people on here are crazy if they think he should be in first grade yet.

The semi final was streamed on the nswrl site and may well be still available. We should have won that game, and he made a few errors, including in the last couple of mins when the game could have been won.

Promising junior player but people on here are crazy if they think he should be in first grade yet.
I think a gimmie game like the dogs is a good time to give him a look.
Not a regular spot, just a let's see what you got.
Same as Schuster last year.

Last edited:

Agree, he is FAST and not much else....yet.

I think a gummies game like the dogs is a good time to give him a look.
Not a regular spot, just a let's see what you got.
Same as Schuster last year.
Not when we are fighting for top 4 and need consistency. He's had no real footy against men and now really wouldn't be a good time to check someone out....
His time will come.....next year.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8