Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Get some runs on the board before making the outrageous claims. Maybe the Tele has been attending the 'Zorba School of Pre-season Hype' for lessons.

With the cast of no-names in the forwards plus 'dropsy' Ryles and 'can't tackle' Hargreaves, I just can't see this mob making the eight.  Anasta and Pierce in the halves?  Why would it be any better in 2010 than 09?  Other teams don't stand still. 

Dan should add a Carney double option to the tipping comp. Pick the week(s) he disgraces himself and the week the Rorters flick him.

DSM5 link said:
With the cast of no-names in the forwards plus 'dropsy' Ryles and 'can't tackle' Hargreaves, I just can't see this mob making the eight.  Anasta and Pierce in the halves?  Why would it be any better in 2010 than 09?  Other teams don't stand still. 

Where's Carney and Minichello play as well? Then add Foran apparently the year after.

LoL

lol. this is the inverse of team spirit. talk him up now, so when you bag him later as captain you look even handed.

maybe he is really just making a comment so that his own name appears in the same article as the keywords "blues selection" + Anasta? not sure but the hype is suss.

kudos to DSM for pointing out how the resurgent roosters forwards pack is gonna make Smith look like a coach under fire by the end of Round 5. Thats the problem with being front and centre at the start (when teams are fresh), if you fail everyone is gonna bag you. maybe I'll punt on roosters opponents for rnds 1-5 just for the fun of it. Double or nothing each week, should keep it interesting.

At the risk of being karma killed I think Carney deserves a lot of credit for his Dally M win.

To come back from the wilderness shows a lot of character and anyone who takes his mum along to an awards ceremony can't be all bad.

His biggest problems were caused by nights on the drink, which I guess we can all sympathise with, if only we could wake up the next morning with his talent.

I can even be happy about Brian getting coach of the year as I think it might be the only trophy he gets close to this year.

Big congrats to Jamie who would have been closer to the big gong with more support.

Agreed. I always thought he was an incredible player and he is showing it. As he matures more he will only improve

fact is that Carney at half, Campese at 5/8 and jamie in the centres would have won NSW the origin this year......well done Carney but not really fair to the Raiders.....Jamie for DallyM in 11

Any see that grub Cameron Smith smirking when he said Melbourne had had a rough year.

He has serious problems if he thinks that is amusing.

DSM5 was the one calling for Carney to join Manly. I said we shouldn't take him due to his track record. Maybe the cranky bastard knows a thing or two :) Carney has had a fantastic year - first at fullback and then at 5/8th. Every game wasn't perfect but in most he shined.

Certainly came across as very humble and appreciative of a second chance. Well done to him for making the most of the opportunity and keeping a level head, rare trait for his generation. Bloody good footballer on his day, would have loved to have had him in the maroon and white, we'd kill for a half of his quality at the moment.

Congrats to Carney. He deserves it considering where he was just 1 year ago. Let's hope he doesn't resort back to old habits. Rugby League needs more stories like this one.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8