Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Just to reply in the same tone you used...yes they did!
He only needs to be upgraded because of a contract agreement between him and us.

Moses Suli provides Manly with new salary cap headache

By Adrian Proszenko & Christian Nicolussi. Sydney Morning Herald

The Sea Eagles asked for, and were granted, an exemption to name Suli for the Roosters encounter due to the club’s injury crisis.
Under the new contracting rules players outside the top-30 squad can only be considered in exceptional circumstances, a situation that applies to the 19-year-old. At the moment his contract status is as a development player, but the NRL approved the move because there were no fit top-30 contracted players capable of filling in at centre.

Suli's management, however, has an agreement that he be elevated into the top 30 - with a wage befitting that status - before he makes his debut for the club.

There were a series of frantic calls between Manly and Suli’s manager on Tuesday after the teenager was named on Manly’s team list, but no deal had been struck. Unless a suitable upgrade is forthcoming Suli will be pulled from the round-nine match.

It has been reported THIS WAY by some of the other "more legit" sources as well, maybe not by the hack you may have read it by. There is so much crap written about us that we need to be VERY careful what we believe...me included.

No offence intended, I always enjoy your posts .

All good mate. Didn't mean it to be blunt.

Reading conflicting articles.

Nrl.com reporting that they rejected his application to play as a dev player and he has to be upgraded to debut.

Nrl wont let him play as a dev player because we have sufficient players in the backline to play. But we were allowed to name him.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/01/manly-sea-eagles-call-up-jackson-hastings-moses-suli/

Whether it's a contract agreement or the NRL rules, either way he ain't playing unless we upgrade his contract.

Really still need another Half "s option now that Croker is out for the season and if the Manly board and Trent do not have an issue with recruiting Carney now and he is now Sydney based , really should take the opportunity to sign him reasonably soon . The N R L were quite willing to approve Carney 's intention to join the Cowboy's roster recently , so will naturally have considerable difficulty rejecting any move for him to join Manly if the club and Carney are interested into coming to terms .

All good mate. Didn't mean it to be blunt.

Reading conflicting articles.

Nrl.com reporting that they rejected his application to play as a dev player and he has to be upgraded to debut.

Nrl wont let him play as a dev player because we have sufficient players in the backline to play. But we were allowed to name him.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/01/manly-sea-eagles-call-up-jackson-hastings-moses-suli/

Whether it's a contract agreement or the NRL rules, either way he ain't playing unless we upgrade his contract.
Yes and you would think that the article on the NRL site would be correct as they are the guys running the game.

I'll put it on the record that I've always thought Carney was way over rated. And I don't really think he should be anywhere near our club.

But yes in the current situation he is starting to look like he could potentially be of some use. Sadly.

But it's pretty obvious we are going down this year with or without him..... and really a guy like Carney isn't going to be here when the better times do come in future based on his age ( not to mention whatever was to happen in that time with off field stuff ). So it's a band aid solution really to maybe stop us from running last this year. .

Haven't we had enough off field dramas this year already and haven't we seen how destructive they are ??? Is this where we are at as a club these days ???

Maybe it is , but I hope not.

Guess it all depends on how walker plays over the next few weeks, they might keep him there until the end of the year and promote Suli into the top 30. Also talk of us going after Matagi, he played well on weekend, ran hard. Would be happy if we got him and started with him and Marty, and put AFB back on the bench where he plays his best as an impact player and finally get rid of the donkey Perrett! That would be 2 spots taken to fill the 30.

Would also like to move Hastings on and bring in Carney for the remainder of 2018 on minimum wage.Our side would look a little stronger at least, plus we have Jorge still to come back

The N R L were quite willing to approve Carney 's intention to join the Cowboy's roster recently , so will naturally have considerable difficulty rejecting any move for him to join Manly if the club and Carney are interested into coming to terms .

Al - I recall one of the reasons for him getting away from Qld was that the NRL was dragging the chain approving him to play for the Girls. If they were having trouble getting it over the line, and god only knows what the conditions attached to approval were (ie not allowed to play after 4pm, off the street at sunset and tucked up in bed with big dog by 7.30pm), I can only imagine they will make it twice as hard for us. I'm happy to see him play for us as a stopgap measure for this season, but as I mentioned in another post, we probably won't get approval before the season is almost done and dusted. I do hope I am wrong on that though.

Barret dosent want to bring in T.Wright on a 4 loss losing streak. So he is expecting us to win at least 1 more game. Why he didnt bring him in b4 our 4 game losing streak than?? Goldcoast and tigers game should of seen him in.

Barret dosent want to bring in T.Wright on a 4 loss losing streak. So he is expecting us to win at least 1 more game. Why he didnt bring him in b4 our 4 game losing streak than?? Goldcoast and tigers game should of seen him in.

I think he means 4 games is not enough. The time to bring him in is after a 6-8 game losing streak.

Barrett has said Carney isn't on our radar, but Hodko is / was

Manly has one spot left to fill in its top-30 squad and is desperate for a playmaker before the June 30 deadline after out-of-favour half Hastings was again overlooked for the match-day squad. However, they won’t look to Todd Carney to fill the breach.

"We had a bit of a think about Todd last year, but at this stage no," Barrett said.

"We’ve still got a spot there in our top 30. It’s pretty well publicised we had a bit of a go at Trent Hodkinson but it's hard to get a half out of a club now, particularly coming into the Origin period when a lot of clubs' depth does get tested."

It’ll never get past the NRL’s shiny assed top brass, but given our playing stocks I think he’d be damn useful for us. It’s a given there’d be plenty of clauses in any contract signed, and whilst I consider him to be an A-Grade goose, his actions pale in comparison to one M Lodge, whom Greenturd happily green lighted.

I get the feeling we may make a sneaky play for him, but I also get the feeling that he’s exactly zero chance of playing for Manly anyhow. Which makes this discussion a somewhat moot point I guess!

If he’d stuck with it at the Cows, and Morgan or Thurston were incapacitated...... well he’d be on the field quicker than you could say “I’m surprised at how much the Cows have underperformed with a roster full of stars and a total lack of critical scrutiny or overblown bullsh*t stories grown from the imagination of a bunch of third rate shysters masquerading as journalists who haven’t had an original thought since Todd started feeding them sensationalistic, agenda driven rubbish”...

It’s called a thesaurus, Hooper. No, it’s not a craft beer Slothfield! And no Danny, I don’t actually need a thesaurus, I already know what these words mean AND how to spell them!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...efusal-to-pay-15-000-fee-20180630-p4zoqo.html

Todd Carney’s North Sydney stint is over before it began after he refused to pay former club Northern Pride the $15,000 release fee they demanded before the June 30 transfer deadline.

Carney signed a contract with the Bears for the remainder of the 2018 season in May in a bid to return to football in Sydney. Norths defied South Sydney in doing so, jeopardising an 11-year relationship that still has a further season to run of its contract.

Another sticking point was the compensation costs demanded by the Pride, who had signed the controversial playmaker on a three-year deal. The Bears refused to pay the fee and it was hoped a release could be brokered between Carney’s management and the Queensland Cup side before the transfer window closed.

- I read that as "The Bears can't afford the 15K fee needed to get Carney cleared, right on the back of rumours saying they were about to buy Manly.

lol

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8