Today's SMH.....LAST WORD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
Has Zorba got the same hairdresser as Rob Oakshot? What's doing there!

That's low Wamf you should be ashamed.
I wouldn't compare a piece of dried up dog turd to Rob Dopeshot.

Have to side with Zorba on this one, and i consider myself an innocent bystander when it comes to club business. All this over a fridge, sounds like this bloke is just trying to make a monkey out of Zorba. He should have stayed a sponsor and asked for the fridge to be paid for or returned. I wouldnt think he was a massive sponsor anyway.

A six figure sum over nearly two decades equates to about $5000 a year. Massive sponsor!!! Just proves what a beat up the story is.

rosco said:
A six figure sum over nearly two decades equates to about $5000 a year. Massive sponsor!!! Just proves what a beat up the story is.

Rosco the fridge cost is irrelavant its the $30,000.00 a year sponser lost. This could have been avoided if it had been handled better.
I'm worried about other sponsers and how this could show them that if some one steals an item that they have supplied to the players. Nothing will be done about it.
The fridge had been in this guys house for over 18months and was only bought back in march last year when an employee of the company saw it in the guys house full of beer.
Its not a good look.

Don't know if it's just me but **** seems to be piling up on Zorba at the moment and most of it seems to be of his own doing.

Cambo said:
WAMF said:
Has Zorba got the same hairdresser as Rob Oakshot? What's doing there!

That's low Wamf you should be ashamed.
I wouldn't compare a piece of dried up dog turd to Rob Dopeshot.

Cambo at least Rob Oakeshott can secure funding for his electorate. Even though it was a piece of road that didn't really need fixing. We could use an independant on the peninsula maybe? lol

Stevo said:
Cambo at least Rob Oakeshott can secure funding for his electorate. Even though it was a piece of road that didn't really need fixing. We could use an independant on the peninsula maybe? lol

An independent is only of value when his/her vote counts, which is unlikely to be the case for at least the next two Federal elections.

The Who said:
Stevo said:

An independent is only of value when his/her vote counts, which is unlikely to be the case for at least the next two Federal elections.
They can't come quicker enough mate

Rob has brought more money in the last two years to his electorate than the northern beaches has got since Federation. I'm loving it.

ManlyBacker said:
Rob has brought more money in the last two years to his electorate than the northern beaches has got since Federation.

Dopeshot only had to sell his soul to the devil and go against the tide of his electorate to do so. Bye Bye Rob.

Who said politics and sport don;t mix.
Some of this Forum's most lively debate relates to politics. Perhaps we need a separate section?

WAMF said:
ManlyBacker said:
Rob has brought more money in the last two years to his electorate than the northern beaches has got since Federation.
Yes and you should apologise to zorba to
Comparing his hair to that parasite lol
Dopeshot only had to sell his soul to the devil and go against the tide of his electorate to do so. Bye Bye Rob.

ManlyBacker said:
Rob has brought more money in the last two years to his electorate than the northern beaches has got since Federation. I'm loving it.

A Sea Eagles related point. And regardless of partisan politics, the independents have created some opportunities and fresh thinking linked to regional rather than city centred issues. Both major parties are usually less motivated. They should be also should be given some credit for enabling stability in the now more difficult but working ,parliamentary process. That said ,lets not take politics too far, including this reply.Do we want this Forum to descend to childish bickering as in Canberra? We have more interesting Sea Eagles things to discuss and lots of good humoured fellowship, not division, to create. So, cheers to all and Manly to win in 2012...

The Who said:
Stevo said:

You missed the humour and the point but if we're being serious then you are right.

WAMF said:
ManlyBacker said:

Yes i wish i could reverse my vote. Couldn't believe he sided with that mole. Was never going to go any other way when he saw a bit of power in front of him. He's almost as low as Peter Slipper!

It seems that this sponsor wants to take this all the way. Its in the S M H again.

The club should of done the investigation last march. It appears to have been swept under the carpet like a lot of things zorba has got up to over the years.

MANLY have begun an investigation into Peter Peters following claims a fridge he requested for the players was found in the home of one of the former media manager's friends. As we revealed last week, a long-time Sea Eagles backer ended his association with the club amid allegations Peters appropriated the fridge. Our story has sparked an inquiry, with board members Kerry Chrysiliou and Bob Reilly appointed to get to the bottom of ''fridgegate''. The matter has cost Manly $80,000 in lost sponsorship over the next four years. Steve Reilly, the founder of Reilly &Sons Food Services (and no relation to Bob Reilly) made the complaint and has provided the club with a statutory declaration, obtained by The Last Word. It states, in part: ''Towards the end of 2008 Peter Peters personally rang me and requested a commercial fridge for the players' personal use … When the fridge was delivered by our contracted Transport Co to Narrabeen, it was delivered to his office (presumably at his request) … I assumed from his first contact call that the fridge was to be located in the players room as per his request and as per the signed Lease Agreement between the MWDRLFC and ourselves … Some time after the fridge had been delivered I rang up Peters to ask him how the fridge was going for the players, he replied, 'It's great, Beaver, and thanks on behalf of the players' … I understand that no one from the MWDRLFC (players, staff or officials) ever saw the fridge after it was delivered and placed in Peters' office … By accident my son, Aaron, then saw a Riverina Fresh Milk fridge approx 2 years and 3 months later, in March, 2011, in a beachfront house … full of beer in a front room of the house … Clearly if the fridge was also ever at Brookvale Oval there would be a record/memory of it.'' Peters told the Manly Daily that the fridge was removed from the Brookvale dressing rooms when Warringah Council refurbished them last season. In his statement, Steve Reilly said Aaron was met with behaviour that was ''aggressive, threatening and abusive'' when he asked why the fridge was located in a Collaroy house.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/manly-launch-fridgegate-investigation-20120204-1qynl.html#ixzz1lSRcmctx

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6