Today's crowd waiting to be seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yawn, what a surprising post from Dazza. I agree the crowd numbers are poor but if you think by moving to the SFS or ANZ we will attract more people you are on some good gear. No doubt we may be better of financially at these stadiums and if we have to move for that reason so be it.

after our next home game which will be bloody close to a sell out if not a sell out then out average will be about 16K.

When the sharks scored we counted 4 little flags on the northern half of the hill and northern (family) hill. There were 17K Manly fans there today.

Any increase in crowd numbers would only come from playing in other teams home grounds and having their fans increase our numbers like when we played at Suncorp recently.

What a shame that TV dictates when teams play these days. Sunday arvos in suburban grounds are without parallel. Cannot believe how few Sunday arvo games we have this year. Shocking.

Day time footy = better quality games.

MWSE said:
What a shame that TV dictates when teams play these days. Sunday arvos in suburban grounds are without parallel. Cannot believe how few Sunday arvo games we have this year. Shocking.

It's a joke that all games arnt live on tv. What other sports accept that.

Jatz Crackers said:
Just a quick question. Did anyone actually see Darren at the game today ?

There was a bloke that looked like a school teacher next to me. Shook his head at every swear word. But the weird thing is he had a souths jumper on. So go figure!

manlyfan76 said:
Day time footy = better quality games.

MWSE said:

It's a joke that all games arnt live on tv. What other sports accept that.

Lawn bowls, basketball, darts, dwarf tossing

I was lsitening on the radio and 2GB said that 18k...must be the capacity now, they thought it was chockers

i remeber crowds when the whole hill was chockers with people standing and we would get over 20k. majority of ppl on the hill were sitting today ... makes 2-3k differnece between sitting and standing

and some, as soon as the game was over and everybody stood the room on the hill doubled. Could get 22-24K in if they wanted

What a great day at the footy.

As a 3 game member, I look for the Sunday afternoon games.

Manly must always play out of Brookvale. I just don't know if the NRL will require "improvements" to be made (and the word's in inverted commas intentionally).

17,504...just goes to show that if they don't give us rubbish scheduling, the crowd shows up.

I was there and what a great day/crowd. Great to see the passion on here and the numbers there. Jace thought it was a pleasing crowd but said that amount only turns up to their trials. Bring on the Rabbits I'd say. There were Sharks fans around me. They were pretty annoying and not very happy.

you're right fluffy, officiall capacity is 23,000 after configuration changes in 90s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookvale_Oval

would love to see that for next sunday- day game against bogey team Titans

There was 24,500 when we played the broncos in 95 with all the walkway around the ground and the aisles full of people standing. The extra bay on the jane try stand plus safety concerns would make the maximum about 21K I'd say. Friday night traffic and fta coverage may keep the crowd down a bit for souths. I'll b there!

Urrghh googled it.
23, 000
http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=21

If it isnt on the internet it doesnt exist

Jatz Crackers said:

I was there & was looking for a man with a piece of chalk in hand standing next to black board but to no avail :p

Mals said:
Jatz Crackers said:

I was there & was looking for a man with a piece of chalk in hand standing next to black board but to no avail :p

No, Drinking reisling looking at an old laptop!

Bit unfair all the Darren cracks!!! He raises a good point.

Crowd today was okay - but there was still a lot of room on the hill. To get more in, you need to move the blanket brigade - some people put blankets down and put two people on them.

I was at the record crowd day against the Slimes in 1982 (I think) with 27000 and we were all standing on the hill and crammed together like sardines.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8