To Tom, Best Wishes and a Speedy Recovery.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about Jake and Ben?

Just starting this thread without a care in the world to his two brothers shows how heartless you are šŸ¤£
In all seriousness though, it would be nice if some of the journos lay off asking Jake every 5 minutes how Tom is going.

I reckon he'd be pretty upset seeing what his brother is dealing with and then having to pretend all is sunshine and roses to the media.

DCE and Seibold cop the question plenty of times too, but a little harder when its family.

In all seriousness though, it would be nice if some of the journos lay off asking Jake every 5 minutes how Tom is going.

I reckon he'd be pretty upset seeing what his brother is dealing with and then having to pretend all is sunshine and roses to the media.

DCE and Seibold cop the question plenty of times too, but a little harder when its family.

Agree. Anyone would think our team is two people based on the media swirl.
Turbo and Schu.

Shout out to his parents too. As a father it'd kill me to see my daughter in a situation like that. Just because Tommy's an adult doesn't mean his mum and dad don't think of him as their boy. Hope the whole family is getting behind him and supporting him. Being the great people they are, I'm sure that's happening. Get well soon!!
I was glad to see his father in the sheds with him after the game comforting him, so at least he wasn't alone. The family's so close that it goes without saying they'd be giving him their full support.

If the rest of the squad could lift and perform in his absence, I donā€™t think the frustration would be quite as palpable. Souths went all the way to the GF without Latrell in 2021. Iā€™m not suggesting we can do the same but it shows that teams can compete and be successful without a key player. Itā€™s just Manly that appear incapable of doing this.

If we put up a fight in games where Tom wasnā€™t (a) playing or (b) at full fitness, Iā€™m guessing there wouldnā€™t be anywhere near the scrutiny from fans and media about his game. That we rely so heavily on his ā€˜big performancesā€™ accounts for the level of interest in everything that happens around him. This level of expectation must be difficult for Tom to carry.

Get yourself right Turbo we need you champ. Please prove all the nah sayers wrong, just like Dessie is going to do up on the glitter strip.

So if the salary cap dispensation is given which reserve grade fullback could Manly bring in that are better than our current options? Sailor, Will Smith... I'd rather stick with Weekes I think
Agree, think we gota stick with him. Weeks showed us what he was capable of in the trials, think Weeks is a slow burn for us tbh, lets see how he goes with a sustained run in firsts.

Tuivasa-Sheck is being mentioned as a replacement for the remainder of the season, and also Daine Laurie or Xavier Savage

So if the salary cap dispensation is given which reserve grade fullback could Manly bring in that are better than our current options? Sailor, Will Smith... I'd rather stick with Weekes I think
I don't see why it has to be a fullback. We've lost a chunk of our salary cap due to a rep game, which affects the balance of our squad. We should be able to spend the compensation however it best suits the club, surely.

The only issue with Tuivasa-Sheck would be his match fitness. He is also seeking $25 Grand per game if he comes back to the NRL this year.

I just feel for Tomā€¦ we all know how frustrating it is for us as supporters to hear that he has picked up another injuryā€¦

ā€¦so imagine how it must be for him to know that another period of rehab awaits, that he will be sitting on the sidelines watching his brothers and teammates again and that once again he cannot contribute to achieving success for the club that he obviously lovesā€¦

It must suck and I have no idea how that bloke stays as composed and positive as he doesā€¦ yes he is paid well but money does not prevent or resolve mental stressā€¦

More strength to the kidā€¦

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10