To Fix In 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
In 2019, Manly conceded 27 tries from kicks - more than any other team. I think many of these may have been from grubbers. The teams to concede the least amount of tries from kicks were the top four - Raiders 9, Storm 11, Roosters 15, Rabbitohs 15

Up and in defence worked for Des when he had Snake at fullback as Snake was one of if not the fastest in the game for many years.
Tom is a little slow off the mark and let’s not start on how slow old Horhay is to turn and chase.

Yeah we got caught out alot. Jorge metres made and try scoring negate it but the one he let in v eels was cringe worthy.

Up and in defence worked for Des when he had Snake at fullback as Snake was one of if not the fastest in the game for many years.
Tom is a little slow off the mark and let’s not start on how slow old Horhay is to turn and chase.

I agree that Snake was amazingly quick during his best years. Tom is not quite as quick but he has an advantage over Snake in that he is taller and quite a bit stronger. He has characteristics of a mix between Snake and Eadie and as he gets older, his power will increase. Add to that I think Ben T. looks potentially a powerful centre with speed, perhaps not quite at his brother's ability, but the two of them in years to come will create havoc against opposition backlines. If Suli develops as he seems to be, that's one awesome backline in the making especially with a Schuster and DCE inside and Garrick and Albert outside.

Grubber clean ups is definitely something to improve on.
Tom only played 12 games last year. I think poor positional play by Elliot allowed some tries to be scored from grubber kicks. I remember Tom had improved in cleaning up these situations since 2018.
I’d prefer these options rather than backline plays that walk through our defence though.
Rushing up defence by DCE and the outside backs enabled oppositions to create a lot of tries from overlaps in 2019.

Last edited:
Lets not forget how many games Tom missed through injury in 2019. Hopefully he has an injury free time of it from 2020 and that statistic drops and doesn't become a factor.

Brendan Elliot did a decent job as back up last year and the team adapted well to not having Turbo there all the time, but there is a reason that Turbo is rated one of the best fullbacks, if not the best fullback going around.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6