To commerate a special day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Thats cool mate, a lot of the guys in Afhanistan are Manly fans.

Here's to a safe return for your son, as well as the rest of our forces.

I second that. Best wishes Earnie to your son.

If only the Manly players could somehow send a message of support to those fans serving in Afghanistan, it might lift their spirits....

Thank you Pa. You helped create the free and wonderful nation we have today. I hope your looking down at the world with a smile.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
DSM5 said:
Sorry Earnie, I didn't realize there's only one side. Silly me.

Thats cool mate, a lot of the guys in Afhanistan are Manly fans.

They all believe in what their doing, we just dont want them treated like us Vietnam Vets.

We only go where our government send us and we know sometimes things are not popular with everyone.
Things are never popular with everyone, as you would know better than most. Wars are political - and there is no magic rule stating that governments are automatically operating in the interests of justice and freedom just because they send troops to war zones.

Here's to a safe return for your son, as well as the rest of our forces.

"yet freedom!, yet thy banner , torn, but flying, streams like a thunderstrom against the wind"

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support, they are all doing us proud over there and they will be home soon.

We will remember them

Lest we forget.

A special shout out to Earnie's son, may he and his comrades all return safely to the arms and hearts who love them.

I was at Villers-Brettoneux, France this morning and can post some pics if anyone wants.

Maybe even if no one wants!

globaleagle said:
I was at Villers-Brettoneux, France this morning and can post some pics if anyone wants.
Absolutely globaleagle!

Friends of ours have just farewelled their 21 yr old son as he left for Afghanistan ...very emotional day.
Good luck to all the Aussie personnel over there doing us proud.

wombatgc said:
globaleagle said:
Absolutely globaleagle!

Friends of ours have just farewelled their 21 yr old son as he left for Afghanistan ...very emotional day.
Good luck to all the Aussie personnel over there doing us proud.
ok cool, shall do. Gimme a bit to make sure they are A1!

I can only add my best to your son EE, and I would go see my dad march every year (he's still going at 89) when living in oz. People who serve in the armed forces are accepting that their lives are potentially forfeit for the benefit of the rest of us.

The freedom that was won the hard way is also to question the prerogatives and the legitimacy of politicians who decide to commit forces, thereby taking them up on their offer of their lives in service of their country. Plenty of soldiers and armed personnel have asked these questions too. I would think unquestioning support of war is less patriotic than always second guessing the decision made by politicians who few would agree are interested in anything much beyond themselves.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6