To all you naysayers...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So true, bad result last week and terrible performance no doubt but need to back the team as fans
I believe I’m one of these ‘nay sayers’ this is directed at, but give me a break. The last two weeks were awful and calling a spade a spade doesn’t mean we aren’t backing the team.

Terrific performance tonight, great to see the boys agreed with us they weren’t playing up to their potential and turned it around.

I believe I’m one of these ‘nay sayers’ this is directed at, but give me a break. The last two weeks were awful and calling a spade a spade doesn’t mean we aren’t backing the team.

Terrific performance tonight, great to see the boys agreed with us they weren’t playing up to their potential and turned it around.
Many calling a spade a pathetic waste of space who can #### off, etc etc.

As I said above, criticism is great, a forum would boring if it was all backslapping, but the vitriol, quitting and tantrums we saw was embarrassing imo.

Not directed at any individual btw, just were some bed wetting posts this last week.

Commitment and effort is all you can ask for tonight we got both. It was great.
Can wr have more of it.

As for the coach I have to say I really like the bloke. He's not des and it's **** what happened to des. But this bloke is really trying to get the club successful. Good luck to him

The team played well and with a lot of commitment it was great to watch after a couple of ordinary games.

Win,lose or draw, that kind of desire will never get criticism from me.

Cherry has a great game, hopefully that becomes the norm as we look great when he is on.

That will be a really galvanising win.

Still plenty to work on, but I’m thrilled with such a big result and happy to be proven wrong.

Last week was poor and we will not be the last team belted by Penrith this season.

We are seeing improvement and the players look happier.

So good to see a composed performance tonight nullifying a very dangerous team. Good signs!

No need to change a thing. Hate on the garbage when it’s dished out and dance like there’s no tmr when we play like tonight. That’s passion.

Commitment and effort is all you can ask for tonight we got both. It was great.
Can wr have more of it.

As for the coach I have to say I really like the bloke. He's not des and it's **** what happened to des. But this bloke is really trying to get the club successful. Good luck to him
I love the fact he is prepared to actually COMMUNICATE.

Love to see it! Always a fun match between manly and the storm. My favourite match in our calendar. Albeit it’d be misleading to call it a high quality game.

I was a negative nelly this week (for good reason) although reluctantly tipped us to get the job done this week. It’d be criminal if we saw no response after last week’s funeral. The formlines dont tend to matter too much leading in with Manly vs Storm too. It was good to see the players get up for it again this year.

But are we really going to open up new threads every week about the last year vs this year thing based on if we get either get smashed, draw or win? It’s like a see saw I cant keep up. That was a fun win but if we want to analyse it seriously, it’s hard to say it was anything more than a high-effort, low-quality, wet weather, scrappy, entertaining and tough game. It was in the balance for ages, and there’s plenty to work on with it being just 2 tries to 1 despite all the ball, penalties and sin bins. In terms of comparison, we did win last year and the storm are an unknown quantity this year (but certainly depreciated). Rather than us respond to the weekly ebbs and flows, I think the only way to truly compare will be by the overall trends as the season goes on (although given we are full strength this year 2021 is always the reference as opposed to 22’).

Anyways that gripe aside, we are both (and all) pleased as hell to win against Munster, Bellamy and co! It was a great result for the boys, and will serve us very well if we build on it. It was built almost purely on effort, pressure and ruck control, although our attack in the 20 is rubber hammer stuff. We looked best when things got adlib / unstructured. Thanks to the courageous effort of our forward pack tonight we were saved the palpitations of watching our edge defence being tested. I think Saab is showing he is keen to play this year.

Great win. Fun game, but nothing more, nothing less. Jot it down as a win over the storm 🍾🎉

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently 2nd and quite possibly back in the top 4 when the dust settles on Round 7.
I've been quite enjoying Manly's season so far!

The turnaround from such an embarassing loss last week, the pride in defending our home ground in front of all our beloved fans, the important 2 points that sets us up for the rest of this draw till origin, everything is so good, what a WIN!

They are 6 games in, and have been behind after 80 mins once, I’d give that more than a pass mark so far this season

Attachments

• images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 3
All the DCE naysayers are pretty quiet right now

He played awesome however the forwards laid a great platform. On the other hand Hughes wasn’t near his best as his forwards were belted. The pigs need to set this performance as a benchmark and we are in for a good season.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2