To all those who want to move our matches to SFS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On a Friday night. Yes majority would be dogs fans.

Only 16.8k brookie after all that hype.

Unsure what solution is.

AshfieldBazza said:
Yeah we would get worst crowds to SFS than Brookie if we moved all games there, I would only move a few very big games to SFS, great venue that i like but wouldn't work for Manly. I live closer to SFS than Brookie so good for me but not most I imagine. I don't think the better venue will draw more people than Brookie for probably 8 or 9 games a year. Only shift 2 or 3 a year there.

What does anybody think if we moved Dogs game last week from Brookie to SFS, what would the crowd be like?? More Dogs fans maybe but less Northern Beaches people i imagine

Unsure what solution is.

AshfieldBazza said:
Yeah we would get worst crowds to SFS than Brookie if we moved all games there, I would only move a few very big games to SFS, great venue that i like but wouldn't work for Manly. I live closer to SFS than Brookie so good for me but not most I imagine. I don't think the better venue will draw more people than Brookie for probably 8 or 9 games a year. Only shift 2 or 3 a year there.

What does anybody think if we moved Dogs game last week from Brookie to SFS, what would the crowd be like?? More Dogs fans maybe but less Northern Beaches people i imagine

eagleE said:
The SFS charge $25 for an adult ticket. Drop it to $15 adult/$40 family on a Sunday and see how many come. It is expensive to go to the football. As Sterlo says better to have 20000 people at $10 each rather than 10000 at $20 each. I prefer. The SFS for bigger games and Brooky for the smaller games.

When was the last time you went to the Fortress? General admin is the same price (which is why it is definitely good value to buy a season ticket).

Like several others on this thread, the SFS is closer for me than Brookie, but I would hate to see all of our matches moved away, but definitely agree that several big matches need to be played at either of the two big venues at Moore Park- I wouldn't touch ANZ as it generally lacks any atmosphere unless 40,000 are there.

eagleE said:
The SFS charge $25 for an adult ticket. Drop it to $15 adult/$40 family on a Sunday and see how many come. It is expensive to go to the football. As Sterlo says better to have 20000 people at $10 each rather than 10000 at $20 each. I prefer. The SFS for bigger games and Brooky for the smaller games.

When was the last time you went to the Fortress? General admin is the same price (which is why it is definitely good value to buy a season ticket).

Like several others on this thread, the SFS is closer for me than Brookie, but I would hate to see all of our matches moved away, but definitely agree that several big matches need to be played at either of the two big venues at Moore Park- I wouldn't touch ANZ as it generally lacks any atmosphere unless 40,000 are there.

awesome 20k home crowd and guaranteed game money which I heard was over 100k. Big dollar spinner for probably one of the only profitable home games for the club (except Bluetongue)
We have to keep some games at Brookie but we should now look to play big games at sfs (dogs would be ideal) where we would get 25k. Our biggest semi at sfs was 32000. More money means our club is safe!! Wonderful financial decision by the club. Awesome game as well!!!

Nicola Eagle said:

Unsure what solution is.

Hard one Nikki, die hard fans who just love Manly would sit in a swamp and watch it will always go. People with families and like their comforts will stay home. We used to get huge crowds on big games but we don't anymore. I was there when we played parra and got 27k at Brookie. We got 16k against a team we hyped up all week (dogs) hated Des and a winning Bulldog team (travelling fans) and still lousy crowd.

The cost is also a problem. A family wouldn't get much change from $100 and to sit on a wet hill trying to juggle kids, have people stand up as soon as someone runs more than 3 metres and listen to guys swear for 80 minutes telling the opposition their c### f###w### and the like has probably lost this generation of fans who aren't into that stuff.

AshfieldBazza said:

awesome 20k home crowd and guaranteed game money which I heard was over 100k. Big dollar spinner for probably one of the only profitable home games for the club (except Bluetongue)
We have to keep some games at Brookie but we should now look to play big games at sfs (dogs would be ideal) where we would get 25k. Our biggest semi at sfs was 32000. More money means our club is safe!! Wonderful financial decision by the club. Awesome game as well!!!

Nicola Eagle said:

Unsure what solution is.

Hard one Nikki, die hard fans who just love Manly would sit in a swamp and watch it will always go. People with families and like their comforts will stay home. We used to get huge crowds on big games but we don't anymore. I was there when we played parra and got 27k at Brookie. We got 16k against a team we hyped up all week (dogs) hated Des and a winning Bulldog team (travelling fans) and still lousy crowd.

The cost is also a problem. A family wouldn't get much change from $100 and to sit on a wet hill trying to juggle kids, have people stand up as soon as someone runs more than 3 metres and listen to guys swear for 80 minutes telling the opposition their c### f###w### and the like has probably lost this generation of fans who aren't into that stuff.

AshfieldBazza said:

I come on this thread every time it's started and say the same thing.
Anybody who thinks we can get more people to the SFS than Brookie really doesn't understand the Northern Beaches people.

The 6000 odd that were at the Canberra game on a Monday, in sideways rain last year are your diehards that will go regardless of venue. Our usual crowd is between 12 and 16 thousand. Those other 6 to 10k are your Northern Beaches people who go because it's easy. They're people who don't have friends or relatives that live in other areas. They think going to Bali makes them worldly. These people will not go to the SFS. We may have a broad fan base but we will not pick up that many fans from outside the beaches. It just wont happen, regardless of how you want to spin it.

I come on this thread every time it's started and say the same thing.
Anybody who thinks we can get more people to the SFS than Brookie really doesn't understand the Northern Beaches people.

The 6000 odd that were at the Canberra game on a Monday, in sideways rain last year are your diehards that will go regardless of venue. Our usual crowd is between 12 and 16 thousand. Those other 6 to 10k are your Northern Beaches people who go because it's easy. They're people who don't have friends or relatives that live in other areas. They think going to Bali makes them worldly. These people will not go to the SFS. We may have a broad fan base but we will not pick up that many fans from outside the beaches. It just wont happen, regardless of how you want to spin it.

Obviously a great crowd in Perth, primarily because of all the Kiwi fans. How many Manly fans do you estimate were there?
Darren says the club made $100,000 from the venture. Do you realise that this is just one-45th of our salary cap? It's not big money. We'd have to play our entire season there just to pay the wages of Kieran and DCE.
Having said that I support the decision to play in Perth one match a year, and just hope the club made a lot more than what Darren reports.

Obviously a great crowd in Perth, primarily because of all the Kiwi fans. How many Manly fans do you estimate were there?
Darren says the club made $100,000 from the venture. Do you realise that this is just one-45th of our salary cap? It's not big money. We'd have to play our entire season there just to pay the wages of Kieran and DCE.
Having said that I support the decision to play in Perth one match a year, and just hope the club made a lot more than what Darren reports.

The SFS idea will only work if we play selected big games against other Sydney teams and ONLY if we play it on a Sat or Sunday arvo. Fri nights or Mon nights are no good for people to try and get there as well as familys it's just too difficult.

The SFS idea will only work if we play selected big games against other Sydney teams and ONLY if we play it on a Sat or Sunday arvo. Fri nights or Mon nights are no good for people to try and get there as well as familys it's just too difficult.

They think going to Bali makes them worldly.

LOL. That's not restricted to Nothern Beaches residents by the way. Bali, the French Riviera for the aspirational middle class.

They think going to Bali makes them worldly.

LOL. That's not restricted to Nothern Beaches residents by the way. Bali, the French Riviera for the aspirational middle class.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4