To all those who want to move our matches to SFS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The home team, Easts, could only muster 8,100 people to the ground last night. The weather was good, and the seats so much more comfortable than Brookie, they say....
It just shows that despite the amenities, even locals won't go to the SFS.
Having a crap team to support doesn't help.
Brookie contributes greatly to our on-field success. Opposition players have rated it the most intimidating place to play. Why would we give up such a huge advantage?

The home team, Easts, could only muster 8,100 people to the ground last night. The weather was good, and the seats so much more comfortable than Brookie, they say....
It just shows that despite the amenities, even locals won't go to the SFS.
Having a crap team to support doesn't help.
Brookie contributes greatly to our on-field success. Opposition players have rated it the most intimidating place to play. Why would we give up such a huge advantage?

As much as I love the Fortress, I bet the crowd would have been more than 16k if the Rooters played the Boodogs (its what my 3 year old calls them...) on a Friday night at the SFS with both teams at the pointy end of the ladder.

This team we have deserves to have "sold out" signs every time we play at Brookie, yet the crowds this year especially have been very disappointing. And yes, the financial health of the club is vitally important to its long term survival, or have we forgotten what happened in the dark days not so long ago.

As much as I love the Fortress, I bet the crowd would have been more than 16k if the Rooters played the Boodogs (its what my 3 year old calls them...) on a Friday night at the SFS with both teams at the pointy end of the ladder.

This team we have deserves to have "sold out" signs every time we play at Brookie, yet the crowds this year especially have been very disappointing. And yes, the financial health of the club is vitally important to its long term survival, or have we forgotten what happened in the dark days not so long ago.

Didn't help against Titans,Storm or Dogs and we've given away Warriors to Perth and Tigers to Bluetongue. We should use the SFS for big games against Sydney teams. The Dogs,Parra,Saints,Tigers,Souffs,Sharks we should play at SFS BUT the proviso must be a Sunday arvo game no other time,

Didn't help against Titans,Storm or Dogs and we've given away Warriors to Perth and Tigers to Bluetongue. We should use the SFS for big games against Sydney teams. The Dogs,Parra,Saints,Tigers,Souffs,Sharks we should play at SFS BUT the proviso must be a Sunday arvo game no other time,

Bradza said:
If there was 8,100 there last night the capacity of the SFS must be 90,000!

Agree. look like the crowd was more like 1500.

The corporate boxes may have been chockers with freeloaders

Bradza said:
If there was 8,100 there last night the capacity of the SFS must be 90,000!

Agree. look like the crowd was more like 1500.

The corporate boxes may have been chockers with freeloaders

The SFS charge $25 for an adult ticket. Drop it to $15 adult/$40 family on a Sunday and see how many come. It is expensive to go to the football. As Sterlo says better to have 20000 people at $10 each rather than 10000 at $20 each. I prefer. The SFS for bigger games and Brooky for the smaller games.

The SFS charge $25 for an adult ticket. Drop it to $15 adult/$40 family on a Sunday and see how many come. It is expensive to go to the football. As Sterlo says better to have 20000 people at $10 each rather than 10000 at $20 each. I prefer. The SFS for bigger games and Brooky for the smaller games.

Yeah we would get worst crowds to SFS than Brookie if we moved all games there, I would only move a few very big games to SFS, great venue that i like but wouldn't work for Manly. I live closer to SFS than Brookie so good for me but not most I imagine. I don't think the better venue will draw more people than Brookie for probably 8 or 9 games a year. Only shift 2 or 3 a year there.

What does anybody think if we moved Dogs game last week from Brookie to SFS, what would the crowd be like?? More Dogs fans maybe but less Northern Beaches people i imagine

Yeah we would get worst crowds to SFS than Brookie if we moved all games there, I would only move a few very big games to SFS, great venue that i like but wouldn't work for Manly. I live closer to SFS than Brookie so good for me but not most I imagine. I don't think the better venue will draw more people than Brookie for probably 8 or 9 games a year. Only shift 2 or 3 a year there.

What does anybody think if we moved Dogs game last week from Brookie to SFS, what would the crowd be like?? More Dogs fans maybe but less Northern Beaches people i imagine

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2