Pre-Game Titans v Manly [Round 22, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 24
Cbus Super Stadium
14 Aug 2022 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
My observation of that pic:-
Olakau'atu disinterested
Schuster not happy
Marty miserable
Tui not happy
Guy top right red t shirt not happy
Harper not happy
Guy next to him not happy
Guy in green hoodie not happy
Davey not happy
Where are Aloiai, Koula, Paseka.....this photo worries me?
Ben T looks happy. So he should be. Lucky to make the bench imo.

Tele reporting that des is under a lot of pressure especially if he loses this game.

I hope he is.

Pry Trent Robinson out of the Chooks, and have Cronk as his assistant. Let's get with the modern times.

Look at the Sharks with Fitzgibbon
Look at the Cowboys with Peyton
Dogs just landed Ciraldo

Need to bring in the age of coach that thinks ahead of the opposition, not a risk adverse dinosaur like our old Dessie.

I'm surprised the Titans haven't put Toby Sexton back in. Perfect game to get the kid's confidence and form back just like Arthur last week who totally outplayed the koala. We seem to be great at playing opposition teams and out of form halves players back into form.

I'm surprised the Titans haven't put Toby Sexton back in. Perfect game to get the kid's confidence and form back just like Arthur last week who totally outplayed the koala. We seem to be great at playing opposition teams and out of form halves players back into form.
Speaking about Koula, he missed a couple of tackles that led to try's by the chooks. He's a solid tackler and we'll be looking to atone for these missed tackles on Sunday.

Speaking about Koula, he missed a couple of tackles that led to try's by the chooks. He's a solid tackler and we'll be looking to atone for these missed tackles on Sunday.
I was referring to our #7 koala who seems to escape scrutiny.

I hope he is.

Pry Trent Robinson out of the Chooks, and have Cronk as his assistant. Let's get with the modern times.

Look at the Sharks with Fitzgibbon
Look at the Cowboys with Peyton
Dogs just landed Ciraldo

Need to bring in the age of coach that thinks ahead of the opposition, not a risk adverse dinosaur like our old Dessie.
Have you not watched the nrl? Here are how people have percieved coaches in recent memory.

Wayne Bennett 2015 - "Supercoach"
Wayne Bennett 2018 - "Past it, old"
Wayne Bennett 2019 - "Supercoach"

2021 Payton - Cowboys get worse and worse, "Payton has a horrible attitude / acts arrogant"
2022 Payton - Cowboys look great, "Payton has always shown great potential as a coach"

Cleary at Tigers vs Cleary at Penrith also a big change in perception

Ricky Stuart 2016 - Raiders look like pros, "Ricky is a good coach"
Ricky Stuart 2018 - Raiders pretty average, "Ricky terrible"
Ricky Stuart 2019 - Raiders look like pros, "Ricky is great coach"

Craig Bellamy start of 2022 - "Mesiah"
Craig Bellamy when Munster/Papenhousen injured - "Bellamy powerless, why does he keep picking Seve?!"
Craig Bellamy when Munster/Coates return and he loans Nofoluma - "Mesiah"

And here we go with Des:
Des when injuries are aplenty, "Past it, our squad sucks and our coaching is stuck in 2008"
Des when manly are fit, "If this team stays fit we can win the premiership, we are fun to watch"

Sure, certain coaches can be a detrimental figure stalling clubs. But when manly has a fit squad and the forwards/halves are performing we don't play like we have shackles on. Des is undoubtably a good enough coach, but like Bellamy, like Bennett and like Payton he cannot control everything. He just needs to keep monitoring the recruitment/retention, and keep hoping for the players to a) stay fit and b) find genuine self-belief/confidence (often found as a result of the quality of squad and fortune with injury)

I swear 90% of the time a coach is good enough. Usually a coach should only be moved on if a) they are not good managers of players (not a problem for Des) or b) the whole club - squad and coaching staff - needs a huge change (not us)

Starting to get a bad feeling about this game tbh, hoping to be proven totally wrong!! GCT really should be dog meat for a properly focussed Sea Eagles team but I think Manase has some friends in the squad who are going to feel really shaken up. First 15 mins will tell, but I don't feel confident the Sea Eagles are bringing a really settled focus to this game.

Starting to get a bad feeling about this game tbh, hoping to be proven totally wrong!! GCT really should be dog meat for a properly focussed Sea Eagles team but I think Manase has some friends in the squad who are going to feel really shaken up. First 15 mins will tell, but I don't feel confident the Sea Eagles are bringing a really settled focus to this game.
20+ win for the titans we just don't have any fight in us anymore. Titans will want to break there losing streak and we are the team to give it to them.

They might be thinking how lucky are we to be in this position and I have to work hard to stay here, sometimes getting a glimpse of a different future is great motivator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8