Tipping Round 26 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well the final round of the year has passed us by and the finals are locked in and the next level now begins. A couple of teams meekly folded their last ditch hand, but such is life at Parramatta and over the ditch. Titans provided the obligatory upset of course. Manly, not so good, but thankfully neither were our semi final opponents this week.

As was the norm this year we struggled again to get any tippers to pick all 8 games. Two tippers did manage 7 from 8 though, which wasn't too bad considering the match ups this week. So well done @Jock and @Pride , nice way to finish off the tipping year guys.

Meanwhile back at the top of the ladder we had a two way battle for the lead. @Clint stumbled a little at the final hurdle, opting for the Bunnies in the bonus game and putting his faith in Manly in their trip to Townsville. The Raiders and Titans upsets then left him with 8 points for the round. Probably not enough to get him over the line, and as it turned out that was the case. Nonetheless a very good effort from Clint again, his last 3 years of Silvertails tipping has produced 2nd, equal 1st, and 1st, so this is no fluke. "Don't argue with me fella, I know tipping" is his catch cry.

@tookey on the other hand finished off with style logging a solid 14 points to cement his victory. Only the Sea Eagles and Bulldogs let him down this week. So it is with pleasure that we announce the winner of the Jan Davis memorial tipping competiton....

* Maroon and white confetti thrown into a huge fan please

The Sea Eagles #DecadeOfDominance Tipping Comp Winner for 2014 ....

@tookey . Well done tooks, you charged to the lead about 6 weeks ago and have hung on tenaciously ever since, outlasting some of the big guns. You had faith in your ability to tip winners irrespective of what the bookies thought and were consistently at the top of the weekly tippers. I'll be in touch further about your prizes lads, once I finalise some details.

Our final top ten looked like this

292 @tookey
284 @Clint
282 @"The Army Of One"
280 @"Stiffi"
276 @"anthonyb1965"
276 @"The Eagle Has Landed"
274 @Moondog
274 @Bradza
272 @"ALinda"
272 @"FayAkers"

Thanks to everyone who participated this year, your support of the site is much appreciated. Hopefully you will all be back again next year as I'm sure we'll be back bigger and better than ever. Also once again thanks to @"MWSE Membership" for their assistance with the prizes.

The tipping comp is continuing through the finals just to keep @Dan occupied with code writing. Nothing but bragging rights on offer though.

We have one last prize for tippers which is the lucky tipper draw. I'll be announcing the prize and date of the draw shortly. So stay tuned for your last chance to win up big.

I hope as many of you as possible get to games through the finals to support the team in their quest for another premiership. Starting this Friday, as we drive another nail into the coffin of what is the Rabbitohs dreams of glory. Thumbs down for you Rusty

Great job chip and dan, well done to tookey...and to all of those in the top 10 (bustards)

Hey I got equal 8th highest score, I should be in the top 10.
Aw never mind :(
Congrats to Tookey, Clint and the other smarties, well done C &C with all your work, much appreciated!

Chip and Chase said:
The tipping comp is continuing through the finals just to keep @Dan occupied with code writing. Nothing but bragging rights on offer though.

The Cowboys and Broncos are going to be tired after all of their games on Saturday night by the looks of the tipping comp. I just went to enter my tips and they appear to be playing 25 times.
icon_rolleyes.gif

A single team selection of one of the 25 Cowboys V Broncos games wouldn't take once they were saved so I had to make the team selection on each of the 25 Cowboys V Broncos games before it would take and appear on the tips e-mail.

An obvious coding glitch for Dan to fix at his leisure. :)

P.S. Is there supposed to be a game where we have to pick a margin as well as there has not been one allocated or are we just giving it a miss with the finals?

Thanks heaps @Chip and Chase for all your efforts running this, they are much appreciated.

Congratulations to @Tookey and the other finalists, well done.

Also thanks to @MWSE Membership for the prizes.

Congrats again to @tookey & @Clint, great tipping, you boys deserve your spots @ the Top. Thanks to @chip and chase & @Dan for all their time running this comp, coding & the general running of this site. My life would be poorer without silvertails.

big congrats to Tookey and the top 10.

Massive props to chip and chase for the weekly reports.

Big glass of buttermilk to Dan.

Now, do we find out which one of us was "fayakers" ie fakers? Someone threw in an extra 25 bucks for another shot at the title methinks, which is an awesome idea!

Well done guys and gals

Thanks to C & C, Dan and MWSE for running and supporting the tipping comp again this year.

I will be tipping the boys again on Friday night so they are sure to win

Well done mate, great job in what was a tough year.

Big thanks to C&C for managing yet another great comp and Dan for keeping this great site running :)

Yep, congrats Tookey for another win and to Clint for pushing him all the way to the final round.

Thanks again to Chip and Chase and to Dan for all your efforts throughout the year...I'll be here again next year trying to win another Tipping comp.

Well done guys!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6