Time to Manly Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Why the defeatist attitude on the Forum?

1978 Spirit is to be resurrected by the Team that wears the great Manly Warringah Jersey from now on. 1978 Manly Team was discounted, decimated, injured and VICTORIOUS 16-0.
2008 Team of no-names set the new benchmark in NRL Grand Final results, the phenomenal 40-0 people!
All because they believed in themselves and ADAPTED to the conditions.

We should all look at this as a great challenge to be met in the Manly Warringah way.

Manly should simply focus on what they CAN control.

* Time to accentuate the great Dessie's tactical skills
* Time to accentuate the Manly Players' resolve and individual skills
* Time to accentuate the Manly Supporters' passion to the level that lifts the maligned Team
* Time to lift the 2011 NRL Premiership Trophy

I for one will be looking forward to Suncorp and beyond, expecting that no matter who pulls on the Manly Jersey, they will make me proud and happy to be a Manly Supporter.

Note to the 2011 Team of Brothers in Arms who care and protect each other:-

Rudyard Kipling's poem
IF

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you
If all men count with you, but none too much

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

:angel: Wolfie you are not forgotten - get over the reverse Planking Sunshine in full health
http://www.facebook.com/davidwolfmanwilliams @wolfmanwilliams

I love your spirit,i wish I could raise it to such levels.We lost the semi last year 28 nil in the face of similar adversity.In todays professional era it would take something unbelieveable if what I think is going to happen actually happens.

It seems unbelieveable that so much has changed in 1 day after a crushing victory.

susan said:
It seems unbelieveable that so much has changed in 1 day after a crushing victory.

Manly needs you Susan - embrace the improbable and enjoy where it leads you. ;)

The only person who has a right to feel wronged is Wolfie. The others chose their actions and will accept the consequences like Manly men.

Think of the new Players who will get a chance to run on Suncorp and show their wares.

All will be revealed :p Can hardly wait!

To Susan, and for that matter anybody else who wants to be negative we as club supporters need to be loyal to our great club. Whether we have our best team on the field or a bunch of park footballers, they are all wearing the maroon and white jerseys made famous by many young men and legends before them. We are going to have a home semi at SFS in 2 weeks time and we need every Manly fan to make an effort to show up and support our boys. Maybe some of our supporters need loyalty educatioin taught to them by Snake and Gift.

I think I was the only one on here before round 1 tipping a title chance as we had 10 GF winners in our side so I can hardly be called negative.My negativeness is based on what I am sure Gallop is going to do to us,not on any lack of sirit from our boys believe me.If he guts our side as I think he will we wont win.If he doesnt we will give it the greatest shake ever.Pretty simple really.

I was just about to post a similar thread it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

We seem to have great depth this season. Even with players rubbed out by suspension we can still be competitive.

susan, sometimes you have great post.
but you also seem to get delight about posting all the doom and gloom stuff too.

not enjoyable to read over and over again

point taken and i'll cool down.in my defence i get pretty excited by the good stuff too and I just think this issue is the most important we have in the next couple of years needs to be dealt with by the club so we can get back on track rather than the old boys will be boys line.

DSM5 said:
I'm proud of the boys. Always stay true to the maroon and white..

Unless it's Matt Orford, Steve Matai at one point, Grant Mayer etc etc etc.....should I go on?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4