TIME OFF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tis not just about yesterday,its about selling a product,.....1 dozen eggs you get 12, 8o min football game we get about 60 odd mins of action,thats a rip off, buy a carton of beer open it up and find 19 stubbies ,RIP OFF

Denno said:
Tis not just about yesterday,its about selling a product,.....1 dozen eggs you get 12, 8o min football game we get about 60 odd mins of action,thats a rip off, buy a carton of beer open it up and find 19 stubbies ,RIP OFF

I have an idea for you, next time buy the dozen eggs, or the carton of beer.
Your proposal would change the whole character of league, NFL here we come.
No thanks.

So why would it be like NFL.......I just want to see more great football..Next time you watch a game, just observe how much game time there actually is You would not no any different,if there was a an Official Time keeper.

Denno said:

80 mins of football has always included downtime, whether it is for scrums, penalties, goal kicks, injuries or whatever. We are not being ripped off, it is a necessary part of the game. The players couldn't handle non-stop play.

On the other hand, the NFL takes things to a ridiculous extreme - the game is mostly downtime, for the sake of milking out every second of play. Stopping the clock every few minutes would change our game forever.

You may as well say the eggshells and carton are getting in the way of your enjoyment of the eggs. Goddam it next time I buy a carton of beer I will demand no box and no containers - beer only please!

Denno said:
So why would it be like NFL.......I just want to see more great football..Next time you watch a game, just observe how much game time there actually is You would not no any different,if there was a an Official Time keeper.

If you stopped the clock for every stoppage, the next logical step is fill those stoppages with more adverts, and you get what the NFL have, a reduced time game, i.e. 40 minutes that takes 2 hours to complete.

When they went to stopped clock for every out of play stoppage, they realised the game took too long so the next stage was that they reduced the time of the game.....clever huh?

Another issue is player fatigue, you are in effect changing the amount of actual play time by 30 minutes, that is an extra 30 minutes (or more if there is extra time) that the players have to be out there, you add the fatigue that and the quality of the football will reduce.

I understand where you are coming from, I just totally disagree that it would make the product better, you are falling victim to the commentators pushing their opinion and agenda, that is how we ended up with 2 refs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4